Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Games played:

TOR - 211
BOS - 192
The poll wasn't about higher PPG.

An injury or two will probably dictate the outcome but which high powered trio of players do you think finishes with more combined points. No 'pace', P/60, 'but power plays', line mates, more goals - whatever.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Games played:

TOR - 211
BOS - 192

I left it out of my update because - I actually didn't want this thread originally to become bogged down in a P/60, pace, line mates, power play, p.k.,injuries, etc. discussion.
And to keep it as clean as possible - especially between these respective fanbases as it can get off-track awfully quickly.

I was actually really curious to see how these six guys would stack up against each other this year and that it's going to come down to the wire is actually pretty cool.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
OP says "No 'pace', P/60, 'but power plays', linemates, more goals - whatever."

It's awfully close. - as are the poll votes.
This would've actually been a fun $20 bet going into the season.

I knew Marner was good - but thought it was going to take him another season to put up these kinda points. Bergeron's exceeded my expectations also as he's always had it in him but deployment and how much better his shot is nowadays really adds a few points to his totals.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
The poll wasn't about higher PPG.
In this same page there's a Leafs fan (Halla) who mentions PP usage ("kinda expected given the bruins basically roll htem the entire powerplay") by the Bruins trio, which also wasn't allowed in the poll's rules (as indicated in the bit you quoted). Are Leafs fans somehow excluded from observing the poll's rules? Only pro-Bruins opinions need to follow them?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
This wouldnt have been close if Bruins were healthy but interesting nonetheless

It also wouldn't be close if Matthews played with Tavares and Marner, like the Bruins trio does.

It also wouldn't be close if Matthews, Tavares and Marner got over 3 minutes a game on the PP like the rest of the stars in the NHL.

Guess what, it's close and it's okay.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
It also wouldn't be close if Matthews played with Tavares and Marner, like the Bruins trio does.

It also wouldn't be close if Matthews, Tavares and Marner got over 3 minutes a game on the PP like the rest of the stars in the NHL.

Stacking the three of them on one line doesn't necessarily mean more points though. Two lines means favorable matchups, which also leads to more points.

Reactions: Neely2005

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016

You don't sound okay

Reactions: BostonBruins11

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Pastrnak played on Krejci's wing last night and they still racked up the points

oh BTW Krejci also has 67pts and will most likely break 70pts ( last year Leaf fans were saying Kadri is worlds better :laugh:)

just a reminder/refresher Boston is NOT a one line Team. 2019 Roster is much deeper than 2018's.

Reactions: Neely2005

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I imagine that Boston will probably start resting players soon.

only 1 of the 3 they realistically would is Marchand.

Pastrnak is only 5 games back from missing 15 games
Bergeron missed 15 earlier in the year

plus with all the forwards finally getting healthy, they need to shake out the lines and get some ice time together

Reactions: wintersej

Neely2005

Nov 3, 2006
Toronto, Ontario
only 1 of the 3 they realistically would is Marchand.

Pastrnak is only 5 games back from missing 15 games
Bergeron missed 15 earlier in the year

plus with all the forwards finally getting healthy, they need to shake out the lines and get some ice time together

If they clinch home ice they will start resting players for the playoffs and to avoid injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad