B's vs. T.O. Trio - Points

which trio will finish the year with more points

• Total voters

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Toronto trio. Toronto is a run and gun offensive team. Boston plays a more defensive style. Add to the fact that overall there's a sizable offensive talent advantage for the Toronto trio.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I’m gonna disagree there, they might be there offensively but Matthews isn’t good yet defensively, Tavares is inconsistent defensively, and Marner isn’t anything special defensively
That's fair about defensive play. I meant better in the context of the poll, which might have been unclear since I didn't specify. But to be fair to me, I'm not sure why he chose to obfuscate things by bringing up defense in the first place

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
That's fair about defensive play. I meant better in the context of the poll, which might have been unclear since I didn't specify. But to be fair to me, I'm not sure why he chose to obfuscate things by bringing up defense in the first place
You obfuscated by saying the Toronto trio would be ‘better’ if they were a line. Next time stick to the poll question.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You obfuscated by saying the Toronto trio would be ‘better’ if they were a line. Next time stick to the poll question.
so you don't think where they play in the lineup is related to how many points they put up, but their defensive ability is? that is an interesting thought process

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
so you don't think where they play in the lineup is related to how many points they put up, but their defensive ability is? that is an interesting thought process
Not sure what you’re going on about now. You made the statement that you thought the Toronto trio would be ‘better’ which would include defensive play and then you complained when I called you on it.
The poll question was who will get the most points. Obviously you can go either way on that one. But as for better, I’m no Bruins fan but imo this is the best line in hockey.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Feb 12
Pastrnak will miss some games now but as of right now both trios have played a combined 151 games.

Boston trio has 182 points. 72 goals

Toronto trio has 173 points. 77 goals

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Since Matthews, Tavares, and Marner only play on the same line during a power play, isn't it kind of a forgone conclusion that it will be Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak since they also play 5v5 on the same line?

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Because at 5v5 Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak have more chances to get points, where as Matthews, Tavares, and Marner only play together on the power play.

Again what does them playing on the same line do to change anything? The question isn’t how many can they get as a trio (as in all participating on). So I don’t understand why you think the Bruins all playing together would provide some advantage. I would probably say the opposite

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Again what does them playing on the same line do to change anything? The question isn’t how many can they get as a trio (as in all participating on). So I don’t understand why you think the Bruins all playing together would provide some advantage. I would probably say the opposite
Because if the Bruins trio plays together at both 5v5 and on the power play they have more chances to get points, where as Matthews, Tavares, and Marner only play together on the power play. It's so obvious that I can't believe it needs any more explaining.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Because if the Bruins trio plays together at both 5v5 and on the power play they have more chances to get points, where as Matthews, Tavares, and Marner only play together on the power play. It's so obvious that I can't believe it needs any more explaining.

I can’t believe that you still don’t get it. Why on earth does that matter? They all average the same amount of TOI per game. So how does them playing together matter

Again I’d argue the opposite. Let’s say on average a goal has one assist. You have better odds of a player getting an assist by being on opposite lines than all the same line by that logic

Reactions: North Man

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I can’t believe that you still don’t get it. Why on earth does that matter? They all average the same amount of TOI per game. So how does them playing together matter

Again I’d argue the opposite. Let’s say on average a goal has one assist. You have better odds of a player getting an assist by being on opposite lines than all the same line by that logic
Why don't we just agree to disagree. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Reactions: nobody

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Because at 5v5 Bergeron, Marchand and Pastrnak have more chances to get points, where as Matthews, Tavares, and Marner only play together on the power play.

The poll isn't asking how many points they will earn while on the ice at the same time.

Individually, added up.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

except they haven't been a steady line this year even when healthy.

multiple times Cassidy has put Pastrnak with Krejci. Including the past week or so when Heinen has been up with Bergeron and Marchand

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

Are you saying that playing with better linemates hurts your point totals???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->