Pre-Game Talk: Bs vs Ducks (GDT not ready yet)

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
It better be spooky....

Hopefully last nights game didn't wear them down too much.. Never liked their play on the second half of a back to back.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
It better be spooky....

Hopefully last nights game didn't wear them down too much.. Never liked their play on the second half of a back to back.

i'm guessing that's true for all the teams tho. I wonder if there is any site that tracks that stat league wide.

Funny thing is Jack and Brick usually have this dynamic bass ackwards. they always talk about trying to jump on a team on the 2nd leg of back to backs right from the get go and if that team can survive the initial onslaught they'll be ok. i've witnessed the opposite tho: the team on a back to back is just fine for the first 2 periods and then at the 10 minute mark of the 3rd their legs take a nosedive and they're skating in molasses. I always like our chances going into the 3rd down only 1 vs a team that played the night before, and fear this dynamic when the B's are on their 2nd leg.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
im gonna be busy throughout the day if anyone could get a solid read on the lineups tonight that would be great

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Sucks losing to the Pens. I really hope the team bounces back tonight. If Spooner's been recalled I'm hoping we see him injected over Caron. It's time for this team to get some speed.

With that said, I heard that Crosby tried to mug Krug last night. What was up with that? I missed the game obviously.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Sucks losing to the Pens. I really hope the team bounces back tonight. If Spooner's been recalled I'm hoping we see him injected over Caron. It's time for this team to get some speed.

With that said, I heard that Crosby tried to mug Krug last night. What was up with that? I missed the game obviously.

He was upset because Krug had the gall to bump into him, so he dropped his purse and started slapping.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I am still mad that Krug got a matching penalty there-refs blue that one. Crosby gets by with more cheap crap than anyone.

I hope Spooner subs in for Caron. Anyone have an idea if he plays the wing or center if he plays? I can see Julien having Kelly at the dot for key face offs even if he has Spokner at the center position.

The Duck's speed game worries me with the pace of last nights game and the back to back. Bruins may have to survive this.

I suspect Tuukka plays tonight even though it is a back to back.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
I am still mad that Krug got a matching penalty there-refs blue that one. Crosby gets by with more cheap crap than anyone.

I hope Spooner subs in for Caron. Anyone have an idea if he plays the wing or center if he plays? I can see Julien having Kelly at the dot for key face offs even if he has Spokner at the center position.

The Duck's speed game worries me with the pace of last nights game and the back to back. Bruins may have to survive this.

really? talk about a panic move if that does happen

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
really? talk about a panic move if that does happen

Don't think its panic but just wouldn't be surprised if he does.

We will know more I assume after today's skate-with regards to Spooner and goaltending.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Some odd penalties last night. The Letang dive was a WTF moment too, didn't have a problem with Marchand's hit either (although I think the penalty was assessed for something afterward)

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
No morning skate, so your guess is as good as anyone's. I don't think you'll see a huge shakeup today....maybe Johnson in over Tuukka.

17-46-12
63-37-18
34-23-38
20-11-22

33-55
44-27
47-54

for the loser's side, Ducks' board has:
Maroon-Getzlaf-Perry
Penner-MP22-Etem
Cogliano-Bonino-Palmieri
Winnik-Holland-Smith-Pelly

Magnus-Beauchemin
Fowler-Lovejoy
Allen-Vats

Hiller
Great Dane

Injured: Beleskey, Koivu, Selanne, Silfverberg, Sbisa, Souray

Last edited:

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
No morning skate, so your guess is as good as anyone's. I don't think you'll see a huge shakeup today....maybe Johnson in over Tuukka.

17-46-12
63-37-18
34-23-38
20-11-22

33-55
44-27
47-54

I think one of those forward numbers is out with Spooner in. I don't think they would have called him up if they didn't need him. Unless the injured person is a game time decision.

8inblack

Apr 28, 2009
Hesperia, CA
the official duck lines for tonight are

Patrick Maroon – Ryan Getzlaf – Corey Perry
Dustin Penner – Nick Bonino – Emerson Etem
Andrew Cogliano – Mathieu Perreault – Kyle Palmieri
Daniel Winnik – Peter Holland – Devante Smith-Pelly

Hampus Lindholm – Francois Beauchemin
Cam Fowler – Ben Lovejoy
Bryan Allen – Sami Vatanen

Hiller is starting. Hope this doesn't delay your GDT anymore lol

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Gabby and Matthieu Perrault go together like lamb and tuna fish. I've always liked that kid, he's got some skill.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I think one of those forward numbers is out with Spooner in. I don't think they would have called him up if they didn't need him. Unless the injured person is a game time decision.

The point was, without a morning skate, we have no idea what the lineup is. Otherwise it's just a guess. I simply went with the last game's lineup. If GDT makers waited until the 630pm warmup skate to get definite lineups, they would get done around the time the third period starts. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->