Confirmed with Link: B's sign Kuraly per Buccigross

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
like his style very good signing....only Grizzy left:D

Grumpy Grizz

Feb 27, 2002
Comox, Vancouver Island.
I'm sure a few like Heinen and 1 or 2 others will have to wait until July 1st and DS will have some difficult choices to make on who to let go, or not.

Guys like Talbot and can't remember if Kemp is 1 or 2 years might not be back. Lots of young talent coming up needing to be signed. Also need to find spots for them

. PBs will be an awfully young group next year

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
You mean that sarcastically? In that you don't think they'll be NHLers?

I think that 2 are longshots and 1 is a possibility. It's friggin hard for 3rd,4th and 5th rounders to buck the odds. Maybe Vesey is real,a third liner,I always think back to Bob Joyce.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I'm sure a few like Heinen and 1 or 2 others will have to wait until July 1st and DS will have some difficult choices to make on who to let go, or not.

Guys like Talbot and can't remember if Kemp is 1 or 2 years might not be back. Lots of young talent coming up needing to be signed. Also need to find spots for them

. PBs will be an awfully young group next year

I'm sure Boston is moving away from a lot of the players currently in Providence this off season.

Just off of the UFA list:
Talbot
Kemppainen
Irwin
Smith
Cross
Breen
DeFazio

I'm not sure any of them will be back next year. That frees up a lot of space for Heinen, Grzelyck, and hopefully one or both of Tanev and Vesey.

I have a question for someone who knows the CBA very well, does Salary Retention count against the 50 total contracts a team can have? IE; Does Lucic's retained salary count as a contract still for the Bruins?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Vesey,O'Gara,Kuraly all look like 'big whoop' moves to me.

Well Vesey is anything but a done deal. But Poile's reaction to the news that Vesey would be moving on (plus some very good accounts from several of our site's contributors) lead me to believe that he'd hold value if that's what happens.

Kuraly doesn't excite me much either, to be honest. But should add some depth in Providence? If we're near the contract limit and signing him may exclude wiggle room to sign others, I like the sound of Tanev better, personally. And there's Grzelcyk to consider as well.

O'Gara on the other hand has an outside chance of being a real player for us. I've been curious about him for a while now and I hope he finds a strong foothold in the AHL.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
ok I won't get excited and go clean out the closet

I know you love these college guys because you love your Pro B's!! Truthfully,I get more excited about High School kids like Jake Wise!!

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
What would be the reasoning, when their contracts expire after the season?

If I'm at 49/50 Contracts and Grezylk and Chudinov and Vesey all call and say I'll sign today because I want to play in the AHL tmrw wouldn't you want them signed?!?!

It's far fetched but in a theoretical would that could happen.

What would you do sit on your hands and wait for July?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
There are potentially other players out there that are possible signing candidates. Although I think minor trade would happen before a buy out.

Gryz and Heinen, and Heinen doesn't necessarily need to be signed now. Who else? Gryz would make 50, and I know we were looking at Tanev, he's undrafted, right? So him, which would be #51, or -1. Obviously way too early to think about Vesey but he can't be signed by anyone other than NSH until mid August.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad