Confirmed with Link: B's Sign Defenseman Jakub Zboril To An Entry-Level Contract

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
It must be the dog days of summer when people overreact to a basic contract signing. What is the big deal? Find a hobby until October!

You mean September, training camp is September.....breathes deeply........I only have to survive until then.......:cry:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins camp an education for top draft pick Jakub Zboril

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...-take-shape/xA349pY8W3epSVff6f3oMJ/story.html

WILMINGTON — When Jakub Zboril was ushered in front of the media Thursday, he was told to stand in front of the locker that belongs to Zdeno Chara. Boston’s first pick in last month’s draft quipped, “I just got nervous right now.â€

Although Zboril will not be replacing Chara any time soon, he is the team’s first attempt at replacing another of its defensemen, brought in the same day Dougie Hamilton was shipped to Calgary. Zboril, however, is likely years away from the NHL, though the No. 13 overall pick did sign an entry-level contract Wednesday.

Zboril has skills that excite the Bruins’ brass — impressive skating, playing with an edge — and there are issues the organization has already taken steps to address.

“On the ice he makes it look pretty easy — real smooth skater, moves the puck really well, defends really well because he’s such a good skater,’’ said development coach Jay Pandolfo. “He’s a young kid. He still has a lot to learn. He’s come in here our first overall pick and it’s opened his eyes a little bit. We’ve talked to him. He knows what he needs to do to get btter, and he’s going to do that. He’s a good kid.â€

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Jakub Zboril learns to shape up

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_nhl/boston_bruins/2015/07/jakub_zboril_learns_to_shape_up

WILMINGTON — Development camp is supposed to be part of the learning process for every young Bruins prospect, but it has been quite an eye-opener for defenseman Jakub Zboril.

One thing he’s learned is that even though an injury may curtail his ability to train as he’d like, that’s no reason for him to stop taking care of himself.

That’s been made abundantly clear to him this week as he arrived admittedly not in the best shape after suffering a twisted medial collateral ligament in a camp for the Czech Republic national team prior to the draft.

“I didn’t do much work, so I was getting a little fat. But it’s getting much better,†said Zboril.

Development coach Jay Pandolfo said it’s part of learning how to be a professional.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Have been a loud fan of this pick. I`m not sure he`ll be that "elite" D-man but I also tend to be awfully selective as to whom or how many in this league I even put into that category but I`ll predict one thing, he`ll be a helluva good D-man

In his rookie season, looked like a season vet and really frustrated both Ehlers and Meier which, as a Mooseheads fan was frustrating. What was most impressive about his game was/is his willingness to get right into the faces of the top dawgs for the Mooseheads and not allow either to intimidate them with their skill

Fans r gonna love him

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Have been a loud fan of this pick. I`m not sure he`ll be that "elite" D-man but I also tend to be awfully selective as to whom or how many in this league I even put into that category but I`ll predict one thing, he`ll be a helluva good D-man

In his rookie season, looked like a season vet and really frustrated both Ehlers and Meier which, as a Mooseheads fan was frustrating. What was most impressive about his game was/is his willingness to get right into the faces of the top dawgs for the Mooseheads and not allow either to intimidate them with their skill

Fans r gonna love him

I'm also a big fan of this pick. If Chabot and Zboril both go back to Saint Johns this year (which is highly likely) the two could take off and be a real dynamic duo for them. Makes me almost feel bad for your Mooseheads. :laugh:

He's got size but plays even bigger than he is, he also has an edge and doesn't mind sending a message with a hit. His offensive tools are good and he has a very hard and accurate shot. All and all he reminds me a bit of another player taken right around 13 in the 03 draft and think that's a decent comparable.

As you said ODAAT not an upper echelon elite guy but I think he tops out as the guy paired with an upper echelon player that allows them to be as good as they.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'm also a big fan of this pick. If Chabot and Zboril both go back to Saint Johns this year (which is highly likely) the two could take off and be a real dynamic duo for them. Makes me almost feel bad for your Mooseheads. :laugh:

He's got size but plays even bigger than he is, he also has an edge and doesn't mind sending a message with a hit. His offensive tools are good and he has a very hard and accurate shot. All and all he reminds me a bit of another player taken right around 13 in the 03 draft and think that's a decent comparable.

As you said ODAAT not an upper echelon elite guy but I think he tops out as the guy paired with an upper echelon player that allows them to be as good as they.

"My" Mooseheads:) will already be in a tough spot with the Ehlers and Meier graduation as I don`t believe the Sharks will send him back so I`m guessing this season will be a tough one but if there`s one thing about Bobby Smith (Owner), and Cam Russell, regardless if it`s a rebuilding year or not, they find kids who bust their behinds

Really pumped about watching Zboril this year. He was, in the few games they played here last year, by far the most noticeable player for SJ. He and Chabot will tear it up.

I won`t get to see him play due to geography but I`ll wager we see an impressive campaign also from Senyshyn as his role increases too

Either way, really like these pick, all seem like hardworking kids with skill and heart

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
by reading developpement camp reviews here, Zboril didn't standout, he was poor or did someting good?

The bruins office seems high on him

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
spend his 9 games this season. Maybe he'll score a couple of goals and have a big hit you can get replayed on nesn 100 some odd times then smugly be like, "dougie who?"

advantage sweeney tbh imho.

"they heard that one in calgary!!!! Right, brick?"

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
As someone that can just read forums and watch some clips; can anyone give me a scouting report from personal experience to watching him play?

Also, anyone wanna throw out some comparable playing styles?

And as an absolute ceiling, any current players you can compare him to? (obviously, just pipe dreams, but just wondering if we have a diamond in the rough).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad