Confirmed with Link: B's Sign Defenseman Jakub Zboril To An Entry-Level Contract

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Well, straight from the B's website...

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=774954&navid=DL|BOS|home

BOSTON, MA – Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, July 15, the club has signed defenseman Jakub Zboril to an entry-level contract.

Zboril, 18, is a native of Brno, Czech Republic, and played last season in Saint John of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL). He finished third among league rookie defensemen in scoring with 13 goals and 20 assists for 33 points and 73 penalty minutes in 44 games. His 13 goals established the club record for goals by a rookie defenseman (previously five). He was named to the QMJHL All-Rookie Team at the end of the season.

The Bruins selected Zboril in the first round (13th overall) in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.

I haven't read the d-camp thread today, but from what I read yesterday, there weren't any Pastrnaks or Marchands impressing everyone out there. That said, the signing's probably not a huge surprise for a first round pick.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
As I said in the camp thread, bit confused by this. Maybe hes ticking the boxes from managements point of vide but looks underwhelming to the spectators?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think this is again pushing Morrow out of our future plans, probably thinking of Chara-Krug-Zboril LD trio for 2016-.

I'd hope to see Carlo getting a good look.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
why would this be confusing at all?

I'm not entirely sure, but does it count against the contract limit? I'm a little curious as to why this was so urgent when he's another season or two away from turning pro...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
That gives Morrow one year.

Chara 2016? Okay.

Yes but we got Irwin, have to keep Trotman up and then we have also K.Miller and I bet C.Miller will get a look at some point during the next season.

You think Chara is going to get traded next year?

Zac Rinaldo*

spend his 9 games this season. maybe he'll score a couple of goals and have a big hit you can get replayed on nesn 100 some odd times then smugly be like, "dougie who?"

advantage sweeney tbh imho.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I think this is again pushing Morrow out of our future plans, probably thinking of Chara-Krug-Zboril LD trio for 2016-.

I'd hope to see Carlo getting a good look.

Morrow's future here has zero, zero, to do with Zboril getting signed today.

This is just a routine signing of a 1st rounder. The time frame for Zboril's NHL arrival is still the same, as in nobody, not even Don or Cam, knows when he'll be ready.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Sorry Joe, this is incorrect.

He goes back to Junior so his contract doesn't count to the 50 limit. Same if Senyshyn, De Brusk or any other CHL players sign.

Some are making/reading way, way, wayyyyyyy too much into this

Thank you. I was confused as to why people were confused by this.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Yes but we got Irwin, have to keep Trotman up and then we have also K.Miller and I bet C.Miller will get a look at some point during the next season.

You think Chara is going to get traded next year?

Time is hard on the big guy. He is likely to start well enough, then will get a twitch and start stuttering on the ice. this board will then claim how he should retire a Bruin blah, blah, blah and they shouldn't trade because he will come back and hurt us.

We'll see how it goes. I am not expecting Zboril or Carlo on getting one minute of NHL time.

There are enough Ds that we can't tell if they are on the bubble because they don't get enough ice time.

Chara has done his time for me.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
It must be the dog days of summer when people overreact to a basic contract signing. What is the big deal? Find a hobby until October!

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Time is hard on the big guy. He is likely to start well enough, then will get a twitch and start stuttering on the ice. this board will then claim how he should retire a Bruin blah, blah, blah and they shouldn't trade because he will come back and hurt us.

We'll see how it goes. I am not expecting Zboril or Carlo on getting one minute of NHL time.

There are enough Ds that we can't tell if they are on the bubble because they don't get enough ice time.

Chara has done his time for me.

We still need 1 or 2 more years of reasonable play out of Chara . He isn't what he once was but he still can be damn good .

Babula

May 31, 2012
It must be the dog days of summer when people overreact to a basic contract signing. What is the big deal? Find a hobby until October!

absolutely right. :handclap:

Soccer season starts tonight in Czech republic. Let the kid time to show it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad