Bryzgalov is in Moscow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
How come the AHL teams let players go to a tournament like Rosno Cup? Heard Edmonton did the same with Tony Salmelainen. It's a rather crappy tournament, and the AHL teams loose key players... :dunno:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Perhaps in the case of Bryzgalov they're releasing him so he can regain some confidence.

PK*

Dan Ellis will represent Canada. Doug Jarvis is hoping he will miss the plane back.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Robertsson 4-ever said:
How come the AHL teams let players go to a tournament like Rosno Cup? Heard Edmonton did the same with Tony Salmelainen. It's a rather crappy tournament, and the AHL teams loose key players... :dunno:
The AHL is a crappy league too, don't forget that. ;)

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
PK said:
Dan Ellis will represent Canada. Doug Jarvis is hoping he will miss the plane back.

correct me if I'm wrong but I think Ellis is playing in the Loto Cup

I'm quite sure the Rosno Cup (formerly Baltica Cup) is just Russia, Finland, Sweden and the Czech Republic

PK*

forbesy said:
correct me if I'm wrong but I think Ellis is playing in the Loto Cup

I'm quite sure the Rosno Cup (formerly Baltica Cup) is just Russia, Finland, Sweden and the Czech Republic
:blush:

You're right... I can't read, must be an effect of the exams.

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
Gurj said:
They have always done this - be it for IIHF World Championships, Olympic Qualifications etc...

You cant compare Rosno Cup with the Olympics or the World Championships. :lol

I've never seen players from North America coming to those small tournaments before.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Robertsson 4-ever said:
You cant compare Rosno Cup with the Olympics or the World Championships. :lol

I've never seen players from North America coming to those small tournaments before.
I've never seen an AHL team release the player to play in the world championships either, since these are played roughly the same time as the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad