D Bryce Montgomery - London Knights, OHL (2021, 170th, CAR)

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Yes, lots of talent with him and a ton of upside. Lost a lot in development by not having a season last year - perhaps looking back at it should have stayed on the USHL/NCAA track which he was on, before signing with London a few years ago..

Reactions: DaveG

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Bryce Montgomery looks like an obvious 2nd round gamble to me. I doubt he'll still be on the board around 100th where he has been recently ranked.

Wow surprised he doesn't have a thread yet.

6 ft 5, great skater, good head for the game, good breakouts. Am I crazy or does this guy have the potential to be a star?

I don't think you're crazy, no.

Montgomery is probably going to need an entirely new shot if he is ever going to be a widely recognized star D. But yes, all the other raw tools are supreme. I could see him becoming a Pelech type defender.

Yes, lots of talent with him and a ton of upside. Lost a lot in development by not having a season last year - perhaps looking back at it should have stayed on the USHL/NCAA track which he was on, before signing with London a few years ago..

You would think he lost a development year, but then you watch him at Erie and he looks like a much improved talent. Montgomery did not let this year go to waste, he put the time into skill development.

Reactions: DaveG

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
Now plays for Cedar Rapids in the USHL after not being able to stick with London as an O/A.

Hmm... correct me if I'm wrong, but Montgomery isn't an overager, or is he? But still, bad sign he couldn't stick with the Knights. He was one of those guys who I thought could be a late round steal in his draft year.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Hmm... correct me if I'm wrong, but Montgomery isn't an overager, or is he? But still, bad sign he couldn't stick with the Knights. He was one of those guys who I thought could be a late round steal in his draft year.
He is a late birthday ‘02 - he was an overager. Unfortunate situation but His journey isn’t over yet.

Reactions: Beauterham

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
He was always an raw project with intriguing tools. Losing an entire season due to COVID was not ideal for a guy like that. He should have found somewhere to play that season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad