• NYY

• CHC

• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
He probably ends up back with the Nationals and I think that for the reason one poster said. This will go on into January because teams are more focused on pitching now and less so on expensive offensive players. The longer he sits out there the more likely he ends up back in Washington.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
I went with Other. I don't think Harper is going to end up with the Yankees or the Phillies (I really think both are pushing hard for Machad0). I was thinking the Mets because of the new ball park, David Wright retiring and needing a name to draw crowds, but Boras won't want him to sign there due to the Mets new GM being a former agent. I also don't think he'll end up Chicago with the Cubs because Chicago has some pretty heavy contracts on the roster already and the last thing Epstein does is restrict himself financially.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think Harper ends up going to a team like the Atlanta Braves. That allows the Braves to move a guy like Nick Markakis for some prospects to help stock the pipeline, Harper fits in the outfield with Acuna and Inciarte, and more important, Harper is a draw and more people come out to the games. It's a fit all around.
Markakis is a free agent

Sep 19, 2008
when do you think he will sign

some signings going on around the league but nothing BIG

no MANNY no BRYCE

Sep 19, 2008
Taking Bryce a while to make his decision. See moves like Donaldson going to the Braves and other FA moves yet the big players have not moved yet

Sep 19, 2008
Why are people taking these tweets with any credence? Everything about Harper and machado is speculation, and this tweet literally says “common guesses.” Twitter is good for some things in sports, especially generating rumors and pretending that it’s meaningful.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
What makes you say that?? Source, link? Thx

His whole demeanor. He was never a team player and he was always embracing the whole media talk of his impending free agency. He also turned down a 10 year deal from the team, that to me is good enough of an inducation because I don't think he will end up getting what he thinks he will.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
His whole demeanor. He was never a team player and he was always embracing the whole media talk of his impending free agency. He also turned down a 10 year deal from the team, that to me is good enough of an inducation because I don't think he will end up getting what he thinks he will.
Thx...for some reason I think he will be back...the 300M might just be his best offer.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
There is no doubt in my mind he's going to have multiple $300M offers..

Maybe by a bad team like the White Sox. The only decent team I could see is Philly but aren't they almost set in the OF?

While he's a good player, hes not a for average hitter atleast anymore. The game is changing as a homer or bust type of hitting style. You can find guys cheaper that can match his output. Plus hes a bit of a headcase in the clubhouse and as a teammate. Hes rather selfish. That might push teams away.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Maybe by a bad team like the White Sox. The only decent team I could see is Philly but aren't they almost set in the OF?

While he's a good player, hes not a for average hitter atleast anymore. The game is changing as a homer or bust type of hitting style. You can find guys cheaper that can match his output. Plus hes a bit of a headcase in the clubhouse and as a teammate. Hes rather selfish. That might push teams away.

Are you sure you are not thinking of Manny Machado? Thats basically who you are describing and out of the two, is the only one who's been labeled with the opinions you've mentioned.

Harper may have had down year last year, if you call 34 homers, 100 RBI a down year, with a .249 average.... but he's still .279 for his career.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Are you sure you are not thinking of Manny Machado? Thats basically who you are describing and out of the two, is the only one who's been labeled with the opinions you've mentioned.

Harper may have had down year last year, if you call 34 homers, 100 RBI a down year, with a .249 average.... but he's still .279 for his career.

You can pad stats but his average was horrible and his strikeout ratio was also bad. The league has horrible hitting collectively. Everyone is swinging for the fences or missing. Do I think average is everything? No, but other guys can hit those numbers with less baggage attached to them.

Harper has definitely popped off in his career and has caused problems. Both really have, it's just nobody saw Machado until the playoffs becausw outside of like one year the orioles were trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->