• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Who exactly are the Phillies still bidding against here? It seems like they've smoked everyone out on their offers. Nats spent the money, Giants only want to go short term, Padres signed Machaco, Dodgers cleared money and still didn't want to match the number. Only other team I've heard about consistently is the White Sox.

And the White Sox are out on Harper according to recent reports

Sep 19, 2008
Despite all the posturing there is a slim chance the Nats get him back but the Nats prepared for this for months and when he turned down that 300m offer near the end of the year the Nats just said move along and decided to spend their money elsewhere. And that's fine.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Makes me wonder if Phillies are hung up on term. I assume $$ isn't the hangup. And it doesn't appear they're competing with anyone else.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
If the nats are out then who have the phillies be competing with?

It seems like you can make an argument he doesnt want philly

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Probably neither. Mid/high 70's win total or low 80's.

There was a rumour about a month or so ago that they were sniffing around the Jays' Marcus Stroman.

Stroman's been a bit of a powder keg here in Toronto lately, says he loves the city but hasn't really been a big fan of management.

Not sure if the feeling is mutual but if it is, maybe the Jays and Padres are in talks to shore up San Diego's rotation. :dunno:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
If the Padres land both big fish, do they at least have a fighting chance in the NL West? Or are they cellar dwellers either way?

Dodgers still own the division but anything after that is possible.

There was a rumour about a month or so ago that they were sniffing around the Jays' Marcus Stroman.

Stroman's been a bit of a powder keg here in Toronto lately, says he loves the city but hasn't really been a big fan of management.

Not sure if the feeling is mutual but if it is, maybe the Jays and Padres are in talks to shore up San Diego's rotation. :dunno:

Literally nobody has.

Reactions: GIN ANTONIC

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Dodgers still own the division but anything after that is possible.

Literally nobody has.

Can't think of any other Blue Jays who've cried about it on Instagram, though. :dunno:

And I say this as the owner of a Stroman jersey. Which I won in a raffle, but still.

The dude needs to brush that chip off his shoulder and focus on rebounding from his craptastic 2018 season. Maybe then he'd see the adoration from management that he's been craving.

Oct 18, 2011
If the Padres land both big fish, do they at least have a fighting chance in the NL West? Or are they cellar dwellers either way?
Well the thing is they're loading up for a Braves or Astros like ascent here soon with all their young talent, so it kinda makes sense that if you're going to spend money, do it when your window is opening even if it's not for another year

That ballpark will get filled up and they'll start seeing the beginning of a good team

Reactions: MikeCubs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad