Bryan Rodney potential

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I have to say I've been fairly impressed with Bryan Rodney in the few games I've seen of him. Before seeing him play I figured he was one of these high scoring junior dmen that won't amount to anything past junior, but he looks more and more like he could develop into a 5-6 dman at the NHL level. Anyone have any thoughts?

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
He has really improved his defensive game this year while his offensive numbers are down a little bit. Part of the reason is he isn't the number 1 Dman in London, Syvret is. As for his potential, he'll probably go to the ECHL next year and if continues developing may make the AHL in a year or 2 and has a chance to make the NHL but i'd say probably in 3-5 years if ever.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
The more I see of him the more I dislike his game.

Watching him on a game to game basis is frusterating, he's painfully slow out there. Backwards or forwards, you name it, his skating barely gets him by in junior.
On top of that he tends to make the monumental mistake, the ones where everyone in the rink knows who's fault the goal was.

He does have a good offensive imagination though and the stickhandleing ability to make things happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad