Bryan Little?

babybruin

Oct 28, 2003
vancouver
I dont get to see much OHL action, I was wondering if someone can tell me how Bryan Little is looking this year, and perhaps a career projection? He seems to have a good offensive pace going this season, maybe someone has some insight on how he will translate into the NHL?

thanks in advance

LeafDangler

Apr 25, 2006
I've heard from numerous analysts that Bryan Little is expected to become an impact NHLer however not for a while. They say that Atalanta is looking at a 4 yr approach to him. Plenty of AHL seasoning before he makes the jump. However Atlanta's weakness up the middle could alter this approach.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
I've heard from numerous analysts that Bryan Little is expected to become an impact NHLer however not for a while. They say that Atalanta is looking at a 4 yr approach to him. Plenty of AHL seasoning before he makes the jump. However Atlanta's weakness up the middle could alter this approach.
Bryan Little will take 1 season of AHL seasoning at the most IMO.

johnny canuckistan

Nov 14, 2006
I think he'll probably start next season in the NHL, but then get sent back down to finish up his junior career. He's very talented, doesn't have size but makes up for it with craftiness and skill, plus he can skate reasonably well.

I agree with the previous poster, approximately one year in the AHL. Possibly one or two call-ups during that time frame. He'll be an excellent number two center, could even push his way to #1 status.

johnny canuckistan

Nov 14, 2006
Why would they send him back to junior next year when he'll be able to play in the AHL? That wouldn't make sense.

Based on what I've seen, I don't think he'll step right into the NHL, but eventually he could be very good.

I wasn't aware he was AHL-eligible next year. He was born in November 1987, don't you have to be 20 at the beginning of the season to play in the AHL?

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I wasn't aware he was AHL-eligible next year. He was born in November 1987, don't you have to be 20 at the beginning of the season to play in the AHL?

If you're born after Sept 19th (or close to) you can get into the CHL and the AHL a year earlier. Don't know if that means you hit restricted free agency a year earlier also (anyone?).

So yeah this is probably Little's last year in the OHL and probably one year in the AHL.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
If you're born after Sept 19th (or close to) you can get into the CHL and the AHL a year earlier. Don't know if that means you hit restricted free agency a year earlier also (anyone?).

So yeah this is probably Little's last year in the OHL and probably one year in the AHL.

there is no specific date, that date is only to be drafted into the NHL, since he is born in 1987 he can reach the AHL next year, all 1987 borns + European trained players drafted in the NHL before Import Draft can play in the AHL, this year all 1986 borns and Euro drafted in NHL before junior can play in the AHL.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
there is no specific date, that date is only to be drafted into the NHL, since he is born in 1987 he can reach the AHL next year, all 1987 borns + European trained players drafted in the NHL before Import Draft can play in the AHL, this year all 1986 borns and Euro drafted in NHL before junior can play in the AHL.

This is correct. Bryan Little will not be in junior next year as an overager.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad