Injury Report: Bryan Little

Boxertim

Mar 21, 2014
winnipeg
It's easy to think that way, but for hockey players (and I don't want to speak for Litts specifically) this is a passion, a way of life. It's almost like stopping having sex, or eating food with flavor.

I've had some pretty gruesome injuries from hockey (I almost died when I took a clear in square off my larynx) and being a radio DJ at the time that also put my career in jeopardy. The doctors had to convince me not to play for 6 months (I started playing again in 2)

I can't imagine my life without hockey, and I'd bet Bryan feels the same.

I sure hope this is mostly precautionary and the contusion is small. Bryan Little is probably my favorite Jet, because he is the epitome of a team first, classy guy. A guy who used to score 30 on the wing but sacrificed that to do more important work for the team.

Either you are doing sex wrong or i'm doing hockey wrong.....

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
The waiver claim today has me thinking about C when Little's healthy. And truly, I hope that his return to the lineup is sooner rather than later.

Unless the plan is to eventually return Wheeler to Schiefele's wing, I think (hope) that Wheeler may be at C for at least the rest of the season. That takes care of the top 6.

Lowry is certainly one of the bottom 6 centres.

And while I think Gustaffson will be sent down or back to Sweden soon (and that's a good thing for his development), I don't know whether Little will jump back into the 2C, or any C position.

I wonder if Little gets reincarnated as R wing. Little and Perreault flanking a centre would be an interesting look.

Thoughts?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
The waiver claim today has me thinking about C when Little's healthy. And truly, I hope that his return to the lineup is sooner rather than later.

Unless the plan is to eventually return Wheeler to Schiefele's wing, I think (hope) that Wheeler may be at C for at least the rest of the season. That takes care of the top 6.

And while I think Gustaffson will be sent down or back to Sweden soon (and that's a good thing for his development), I don't know whether Little will jump back into the 2C, or any C position.

I wonder if Little gets reincarnated as R wing. Little and Perreault flanking a centre would be an interesting look.

Thoughts?

If he comes back it creates good options. Maybe even have him with MP and Apples on a line and then put a winger with Copp and Lowry that can work well with them on the cycle.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016

Thoughts?
As long as he gets a consistent spot. Last year he stopped producing after the Hayes trade and was bounced all over

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014

Thoughts?

I agree with you about Perreault someone Little but I'm assuming that Little takes Perreault's spot on 3RW.

Connor Scheif Laine
Ehlers Wheeler Roslovic
Copp Lowry Little
Perreault someone Appleton
Bourque

With "someone" being a decent faceoff guy, that can kill penalties, is responsible defensively and can drive play a bit. Perhaps Nick Shore is that someone.

We don't play our 4th line that much with our top 3 lines being so strong, so I don't see us burying Little there.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
my ideal lineup when healthy:

Perreault-Scheifele-Laine
Ehlers-Wheeler-Roslovic
Connor-Little-Copp
Shore-Lowry-Borque/Appleton

I think Little can provide more offense to that 3rd line, and Connor's finishing ability can help capitalize some of those opportunities into goals. I think Perreault can still be a viable playmaker in the top 6. I know there lots of Lowry truthers out there, but the guy is one-dimensional and provides no offense (he also doesn't allow any). I think if he's getting top 9 mins at 5v5 he needs to produce more offense and that hasn't been the case this year (as evidence by his putrid pts/60 at 5v5). Little and Copp i think can help drive play offensively and defensively for KC

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
All good suggestions above me ^

Having Little back would provide a big jump in ability to produce good lines.

I don't know if I would touch the top six right now though.... but see how it plays out.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
All good suggestions above me ^

Having Little back would provide a big jump in ability to produce good lines.

I don't know if I would touch the top six right now though.... but see how it plays out.
I think that Maurice would be mighty tempted to put Wheeler back up on Line 1 with Scheifele, and Laine back down to Line 2 with Little...

Critical Mass

Feb 6, 2011
I like the Copp - Lowry - X line. They are an incredibly valuable, defensively responsible shut-down line and especially useful when paired against the opponent's top line.

While a bit more scoring would be nice, I don't see scoring as being their most valuable contribution. I think breaking them up would result in a net negative to the team.

They need one more ferocious agitator à la Tanev or Armia to compliment their style of play.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I like the Copp - Lowry - X line. They are an incredibly valuable, defensively responsible shut-down line and especially useful when paired against the opponent's top line.

While a bit more scoring would be nice, I don't see scoring as being their most valuable contribution. I think breaking them up would result in a net negative to the team.

They need one more ferocious agitator à la Tanev or Armia to compliment their style of play.
I like Apples in that spot. He's almost ideal for it. Former center so he should know about D and a big guy that can win some board battles. He also put up some nice numbers with the Moose.
The injury is probably going to cost him some dough on his next deal though. Less time to show what he's got and to let the coach see him develop. Better for the team but not for him.
I really like him as a player though. Does anyone know how much he has played at the center position?

Reactions: hn777

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Too funny these line combos. Little will go back to the 2nd line and roslovic will go to the 3rd. No debate will go into that decision.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I like Apples in that spot. He's almost ideal for it. Former center so he should know about D and a big guy that can win some board battles. He also put up some nice numbers with the Moose.
The injury is probably going to cost him some dough on his next deal though. Less time to show what he's got and to let the coach see him develop. Better for the team but not for him.
I really like him as a player though. Does anyone know how much he has played at the center position?

He's a natural centre and has played the position at all levels. Has the all-round game to go with it also.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
He's a natural centre and has played the position at all levels. Has the all-round game to go with it also.

Yes, but he scored a lot of goals at RW early in his NHL career. Centers can play wing much more easily than visa versa, Wheeler being a notable exception of late.

Little will be back and will play effectively wherever he is needed, without complaining.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Yes, but he scored a lot of goals at RW early in his NHL career. Centers can play wing much more easily than visa versa, Wheeler being a notable exception of late.

Little will be back and will play effectively wherever he is needed, without complaining.

Not disagreeing, or advocating that he should play centre on that line. Just answering the question as asked.

Reactions: scelaton

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I think that Maurice would be mighty tempted to put Wheeler back up on Line 1 with Scheifele, and Laine back down to Line 2 with Little...

At yesterday's availability he enthusiastically agreed with the proposition that leaving Wheeler as 2C is an option, even with a healthy lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad