Injury Report: Bryan Little

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Hope the surgery is a success and Little makes a full recovery.

I expect that if the team continues to slide down th standings we will start to see a few more season ending surgeries.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Hope the surgery is a success and Little makes a full recovery.

I expect that if the team continues to slide down th standings we will start to see a few more season ending surgeries.

Very possible -
I suspect there are others that need more than rest and rehab - Lowry comes to mind - maybe more.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I'm guessing Morrissey as well. I suspect he's playing with a shoulder separation of some kins

If there's any truth in that, it would help explain his game lately - he is struggling with the physical side of he game recently.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If there's any truth in that, it would help explain his game lately - he is struggling with the physical side of he game recently.

He hasn't been anywhere near the same since that mysterious upper body injury that kept him out of a few games near the beginning of the year.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I 100% believe this to be an ear thing as the team said.
He was practicing with the team so any concussion related things should have cleared by now. That they shut him down to perform surgery on his ear is unfortunate, but absolutely understandable if he had any lingering issues that wouldn’t heal by itself.
Get well soon Little!!! Come back twice as strong next year.

ovythegiraffe

Nov 26, 2018
Damn this sucks. Really hope it's about a blown eardrum needing repair instead of concussion symptoms. Although that must be a shitty thing to recover from as well.

Also sucks because now with the 3rd line looking good, with him (and Lowry) in the line up we would've had very effective all 4 lines. He really was playing better than in a long while in those few games he got this season. Wishing a speedy recovery and hopefully he'll come back as strong as ever next season!

Reactions: Tommigun

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Chevy said it is unknown if Little will be available to play if/when the league resumes play.
He said he has some tests scheduled for late summer.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Sounds more like his hockey career is all but done!

Yup. I thought he was supposed to be almost ready before the lockdown. If he is still having issues requiring more tests in late summer he isn't going to be available for the PO. And just going by hunch, it sounds to me like the end of a career. Unfortunate to have it end that way. I hope it doesn't too seriously affect the rest of his life.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Little is not what he was...but without him our C depth is trash and we will be very lucky to make it passed the play ins only to get smashed soon there after IMHO

Reactions: hn777

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Little got shot in the head with a puck! That’s serious stuff. Broken ear drum and a concussion. I’d be surprised if he isn’t dealing with vertigo for years. I think he would be a big help for this years playoff but there’s a good chance we don’t see him again.

The positive side is he will be on LTIR and the Jets have his salary back and it’s not tied up in a 33 year old, 40 point player whose probably in decline. With a flat cap and many teams in a pinch there could be some good deals out there to use that money on.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Whether people want to believe it or not, Little is our 2nd best center.
If he comes back playing like he was before he got injured, I am happy with him at 2C.
Scheif, Little, Eakin, Lowry, and Copper is a pretty decent center corps going into the playoffs.
Also Roslo, Gus and even Wheeler can play center if they have to.
It sounded like the tests were scheduled awhile back but I have no idea what they are for (something to do with a concussion?). The eardrum would have healed long ago. I have blown out my left eardrum twice and was good to go in about 5 weeks both times. I didn't get hit in the head by a puck tho...

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If he comes back playing like he was before he got injured, I am happy with him at 2C.
Scheif, Little, Eakin, Lowry, and Copper is a pretty decent center corps going into the playoffs.
It sounded like the tests were scheduled awhile back but I have no idea what they are for (something to do with a concussion?). The eardrum would have healed long ago. I have blown out my left eardrum twice and was good to go in about 5 weeks both times. I didn't get hit in the head by a puck tho...

Little's problem is a lot worse than just an ear drum healing. Inner ear - balance. Concussion - brain. I'm guessing it was a pretty severe concussion, and he was just nicely back from a previous concussion.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
With the extra cap space, we should be able to pick up an adequate replacement for Little. He was a great warrior for us and very likable. If he's done (and I'm not totally convinced he is) then we'll miss him. But his contract was looking more and more like an anchor.

Reactions: hn777 and BatVader

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Wheeler is our 2nd best centre.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I just looked up Little on capfriendly.
He will make about 65m over his career!!!!
Maurice will only play Wheeler at center if Little can't play and another center like Eakin or Lowry go down and even then he might choose to use Copper in their place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad