Player Discussion: Bryan Little

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
One of the worst contracts in the league.

Chevy must have had some kind of stroke when he offered and signed the contract.

Oh man oh man, that is going to bite Jets in the future.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
One of the worst contracts in the league.

Chevy must have had some kind of stroke when he offered and signed the contract.

Oh man oh man, that is going to bite Jets in the future.

Not even close. I think it's only a bit too expensive in general, regardless the fact that other UFAs are too expensive too.

If Little was on some other team, there would be nothing really wrong on that contract. Problem with the contract for Jets is that they are so stacked ATM and the cap is going to hit them hard.

Little was amazing after his return from injury last season. He cooled down quite much towards the end of the season though and have not been that great this season. Let's just hope that he bounces back.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
We saw how much he means to this team the last time he was injured.
It was already pointed out that he will show his worth in the playoffs. The only time he made the playoffs he got two goals and one assist in four games.

If his play drops off we can trade him in 20/21 but until then, he is here to stay. I, for one, am glad.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Phew... a lot of overreaction on Little because he doesn’t have a couple more points.

Settle down, people.

If you want to measure the player contract, fixating on his raw point total and nothing else shows that you’re giving a very superficial review.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
after a ton of fighting it i got all 4 of our centers charts on the skatr tool to help us visualize center impacts

just for the sake of....

now watch out. considering i've put in the effort to figure out how to get media to embed in the god damn posts expect more to follow
To funny. I was chuckling out loud with this :laugh:

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Littles contract might be the reason Wheeler gets traded. Think about that.

Wheeler will not be getting traded.

Even if we don't resign him we won't be trading him away nor should we.

Trading one of the best players in the league over the fear of loosing him for nothing when we will be making another run at the cup next year is dumb.

Anyone who doesn't believe Wheeler won't make it work to win a cup here hasn't been listening to him.

However Little may be the reason we don't keep Connor or Roslo long term.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
W

Trading one of the best players in the league over the fear of loosing him for nothing when we will be making another run at the cup next year is dumb.

Anyone who doesn't believe Wheeler won't make it work to win a cup here hasn't been listening to him.

Whar kind of discount do you think wheeler gives? He's going to be at like 7.5 for 7. Do the math. You can't resign everyone.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I can't believe there are this many people out to lunch regarding Little.

When you see who is saying what about Bryan Little it becomes pretty obvious the motivations behind it. He was the Jets best forward for the first 5 years of this teams existence in Winnipeg. Sure, he's been usurped by Wheeler, Schiefele, Ehlers and Laine, but despite his struggles he is still an extremely important piece of the team, especially heading into the playoffs.

He'l get scoring again and everyone will stop saying silly things about him. Truth is, even if he isn't scoring, he's still an important contributor, though without offense he is somewhat overpaid.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016

The Jets will definitely need to bridge some of their young players. Hopefully Little or someone else can be moved by the early 2020's to make room for some younger players getting long term deals.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
When you see who is saying what about Bryan Little it becomes pretty obvious the motivations behind it. He was the Jets best forward for the first 5 years of this teams existence in Winnipeg. Sure, he's been usurped by Wheeler, Schiefele, Ehlers and Laine, but despite his struggles he is still an extremely important piece of the team, especially heading into the playoffs.

He'l get scoring again and everyone will stop saying silly things about him. Truth is, even if he isn't scoring, he's still an important contributor, though without offense he is somewhat overpaid.
And Little is behind Connor, Perrault in the next 4 years Roslo Armia.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I remember in the last year or two Garret posting a chart with a curve of some sort (can't remember exactly what but age figured in there somehow) showing a pretty significant downward trend for Little. There was much theorizing at the time that an injury caused the dip, and that a normal year upcoming would restore Little's numbers. I was in that camp then, but now I'm not so sure. Forget scoring, he just doesn't seem to be as steady making plays, even simple ones.

Reactions: hudster

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

Don't think we lose guys like Connor and Roslovic by keeping the vets around. What we likely will need to do is sign them to bridge deals after their ELC's to keep costs down and buy some time. That pushes Connor out 3 years and Roslovic 4 years before you have to start paying them bigger contracts. By then you move guys like Wheeler, Buff and Little to free up space. The key is to be careful with NMC's and front load contracts a bit so actual salary is less than cap hit to appeal to the cap floor teams. I think Chevy can keep most of the gang together he just needs to push some bigger salaries for the kids down the road a bit.

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
Maybe Some critisize Little because of high expectation ???. Maybe Some Remember how good he was last year when he came back from injury and how Much we had been missing him.. maybe some can remember how good he has been for this organisation but is worried going forward?.. maybe some have actually watch his play this season and asking where is the real Bryan Little? Maybe some is worried about a New big contract, when we have so Many great young players comming up? Maybe some is worried Because we Really Need a great 2 C (little last year)? Maybe Some is Saying please call a spade a spade!! Well Maybe its just me!!

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
W

Whar kind of discount do you think wheeler gives? He's going to be at like 7.5 for 7. Do the math. You can't resign everyone.

Do the math?

Your post of the future shows an exceptionally narrow view of how to manage players and the cap.

Besides the fact my post mainly pointed out trading Wheeler under any circumstances as stupid.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
He had an off year in12/13. Saw a sports psychologist then returned to a 25 per 82 pace for 4 years straight. Hopefully the pattern can repeat.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Don't think we lose guys like Connor and Roslovic by keeping the vets around. What we likely will need to do is sign them to bridge deals after their ELC's to keep costs down and buy some time. That pushes Connor out 3 years and Roslovic 4 years before you have to start paying them bigger contracts. By then you move guys like Wheeler, Buff and Little to free up space. The key is to be careful with NMC's and front load contracts a bit so actual salary is less than cap hit to appeal to the cap floor teams. I think Chevy can keep most of the gang together he just needs to push some bigger salaries for the kids down the road a bit.

I just don't think there is any possibility of keeping all of our young players regardless of what happens to the vets.

Through smart management we should be able to keep them around with bridge deals and the like but at some point we won't have room for the money these guys will need.

That's my idea anyways.

LoveNHL

Jun 15, 2015
Sweden
Maybe Some critisize Little because of high expectation ???. Maybe Some Remember how good he was last year when he came back from injury and how Much we had been missing him.. maybe some can remember how good he has been for this organisation but is worried going forward?.. maybe some have actually watch his play this season and asking where is the real Bryan Little? Maybe some is worried about a New big contract, when we have so Many great young players comming up? Maybe some is worried Because we Really Need a great 2 C (little last year)? Maybe Some is Saying please call a spade a spade!! Well Maybe its just me!!
Great post. I think positive threads will boost Little back where he was a year ago. All would be happy with that.

Bigfish

Oct 12, 2016
How? His NMC is kicking in.
Actually Littles NMC has already kicked in. They added to the last year of his current contract and the first two years of his new contract so they can't trade Little for the next two years. They would have to bridge Conner or Rosslo and trade Little when the bridge runs out. For the record I like both Wheeler and Little but I like our younger players more. We will have a lot of young players gaining playoff experience this year so that shouldn't be an issue after this year. Signing aging players for big money is a thing of the past. Or it should be.

Reactions: hudster

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
When we have to resign Trouba , Hellebuyck and our superstar Laine guys like Little and his contract may just be expendable especially if he is not producing or has zero chemistry with his linemates.

Players like Little, Enstrom and Buff are the guys that will not be in our line up in 3 years.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
When we have to resign Trouba , Hellebuyck and our superstar Laine guys like Little and his contract may just be expendable especially if he is not producing or has zero chemistry with his linemates.

Players like Little, Enstrom and Buff are the guys that will not be in our line up in 3 years.

I'd be willing to bet my house Little and Buff will both be Jets in 3 years.

Reactions: Rubixpube
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad