Bryan Little?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyW

Jul 28, 2005
Strong Island
Just looking at the guys stats, he seems to be putting up some nice numbers, even though he's one of the older player in this draft. Can anyone who has more knowledge of him than I do tell me where he's projected to go and what player you can compare him to?

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
MattyW said:
Just looking at the guys stats, he seems to be putting up some nice numbers, even though he's one of the older player in this draft. Can anyone who has more knowledge of him than I do tell me where he's projected to go and what player you can compare him to?

5-10 slot.. I compare him to Paul Kariya. :)

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
could be like a stillman maybe or a not as good richards.

He isn't a speed burner, but has good offense, can score, really can bury the puck.

he could go 5-15th i think.

MattyW

Jul 28, 2005
Strong Island
Being an Islanders fan, right now we'd have the 7th pick. So you're saying he'd be pretty good value at 7 then? Comparison to Brad Richards makes me feel good also.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
islander with 7th pick...(assuming these guys are available)

I'd be looking at Mueller if he slips a few picks, backstrom, brassard and little.

Probably in that order.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
MattyW said:
Being an Islanders fan, right now we'd have the 7th pick. So you're saying he'd be pretty good value at 7 then? Comparison to Brad Richards makes me feel good also.

I dont think he is that much like a Brad Richards. Little is a goalscorer, Richards will pass more often than not.
Little could fall alot, and at #7 IMO isnt good value.
The general feeling is that there is a drop off point after the 7th pick, which the islanders would probably pick around. Kessel, EJ, Backstrom, Toews, Frolik, Staal, Mueller are generally considered the top 7, with guys like Williams, Brassard, Sheppard around that spot as well. I dont like Little that much.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
i dont buy that whole drop of nonsense....

brassard is insanely talented, sheppard is every bit the player staal is. Little is up there with backstrom.

Nigel Williams and Sanguinetti both will be good players.

I think the top 10 is pretty strong, no ovechkins or crosbys but thats the norm.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
A scouting site once said something like, "there's no such thing as a weak draft... just weak scouting."

I do think Little falls. He doesn't have the intangibles and physical game guys like Mueller, Toews, Sheppard, Okposo have. Williams has that sheer sexiness (ie lots of raw potential) pick vibe to him. I see Brassard projecting better to the pro's and then it just comes down to preference.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I'm going to say Mark Recchi. Although there are obvious differences. But I see a bit of fire and fearlessness in Little too, maybe not full Recching-ball status, although once he adds strength and goes from being a total superstar in junior to just a good player in the NHL, who knows, he might reach full Recching-ball status if he ever gets shifted to the wing. And while they both have had a scorer's mentality in the past, I think Little is learning to use his linemates a lot more... Recchi actually became more of a playmaker than scorer later on, and I could see the same happening to Little.
:dunno:

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Little is VERY underrated. He could be in the NHL in 2 years. Just a solid all-around centreman that'll put up 80ish points at his peak.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
:) Is the same type of player as Ryan Callahan? I kind of see the same player only LITTLE just looks bigger with more precision. :dunno:

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
If he reminds me of anyone its Marc Savard. He has some very good skills but his offensive smarts is what makes him valued. Also like Savard, he's good skater and not a great one. It took Savard some time to be the player he is today and I think that Little will also need some time to adjust.

SniperTom

Sep 13, 2005
When I listen to you guys it sounds like Little is the same type of player that Dave Gagner once was. There junior stats, size and possibly draft position is similar. By the way also Gagner was a late born in his draft year. What do you think about this comparison.

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
DHawerchuk said:
When I listen to you guys it sounds like Little is the same type of player that Dave Gagner once was. There junior stats, size and possibly draft position is similar. By the way also Gagner was a late born in his draft year. What do you think about this comparison.
:) I'll hold the nail, you swing the hammer. Just watch the fingers! Good comparision. ;)

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Balej's Dance said:
A scouting site once said something like, "there's no such thing as a weak draft... just weak scouting."

That would be younggunshockey.com. I should know. ;)

It doesn't take much talent to recognize the studs like Crosby or Ovechkin. Whether or not a team has had a good draft often comes down to later round selections. The 1999 draft wasn't top heavy with future superstars but I'm sure Buffalo isn't complaining that they drafted Ryan Miller at #138 or Detroit that they drafted Zetterberg at #210.

jcoldwell

Aug 11, 2004
Do you guys think that Little could drop to the 15-20 spot? I am saying this cause he would look good in an Oiler jersey.

I have seen Little play as I do live in Barrie, and I do like what he brings to the game.

I guess I am wishing that he does fall that far for KLowe to pick when the Oilers pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad