Injury Report: Bryan Little Out For The Season

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
... and of course the hit wasn't even reviewed...

Yup total crap. This is further proof how the NHL craps on the Jets. There is no way the Jets win the fixed lottery.
I'm just glad the Jets are having an off year because that would be a bummer going to the playoffs without your top centre.

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
Will this have any repercussions on his long term health/play?

Unlikely. A stress fracture will heal and should be as good as new. Now if he took a hard blow with that stress fracture it would be bad bad news. It's good they were cautious and that the tests picked it up.

See you next season, Brian.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Unlikely. A stress fracture will heal and should be as good as new. Now if he took a hard blow with that stress fracture it would be bad bad news. It's good they were cautious and that the tests picked it up.

I would be concerned about soft tissue damage in the same area. That can have long term affects...muscle spasms, weakness, loss of mobility etc. Speaking from experience. That said, I had no treatment initially. Little will have the best money can buy.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Sad news, hope Little recovers fully and comes back with a vengeance next season.

Awful that the NHL didn't even review the hit, such BS.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
dhRYb4C.png

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Supposedly this ******* has a game to ref in Winnipeg sometime. Can't wait.

REALLY? The absolute balls the NHL has to do this. This should be "neck brace night"

What a joke league.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand

Yeah. It's great that they were incredibly cautious about the nature of the injury and what is all entailed. The season is a wash, so see you in the fall, Little.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Minus Ladd and Little what do the lines look like?

Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler
Stafford - Perreault - Armia
Burmistrov - Lowry - Thorburn
Lipon/Pardy - Copp - Peluso

ouch... :laugh:

LMAO take that Leaf nation!

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
REALLY? The absolute balls the NHL has to do this. This should be "neck brace night"

What a joke league.

Joe Pascucci @Pascucci015

If NHL finds no fault in Francois St Laurent he'll officiate another Jets game this season in Wpg!

Well the NHL would have had him scheduled before he threw Maurice out of the game and laughed about it, but if they are smart, they might want to change who's reffing our games.

Derfel*

Joe Pascucci @Pascucci015

If NHL finds no fault in Francois St Laurent he'll officiate another Jets game this season in Wpg!

Well the NHL would have had him scheduled before he threw Maurice out of the game and laughed about it, but if they are smart, they might want to change who's reffing our games.

Seriously... might be a job for the Department of Officials Safety...

Skidooboy

Jun 22, 2011
L4 Kordylewski Cloud
Thank goodness it's something he will fully recover from. His movement and skating seem to indicate it's probably a "green-stick" type fracture. Should be 100 percent fine with rest.
He's been one of our best since day one.

This board never gives him the love he deserves.

Dhors

Oct 23, 2015
Halifax
Sad that we wont see Little for the rest of the season. Guess this helps the tank. Not even a minor penalty for breaking a guy's neck/back. Still mad that Pavs let that game slip away too. We could have at least won the game for him. :( I want Hellebyuk back.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
Sadly, that line-up is STILL better than what the Leafs are icing. We ain't got nothin' on their tank. :laugh:

you forgot the Pavs factor, he squares our tank factor. Pretty much lets in 2 goals to every one we score.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Player safety completely dropped the ball here.

This news pisses me off even more at how that whole situation was handled. Vertebral fractures, stress fractures or not, are never ok and just highlights how dangerous this hit was in the first place.

This whole situation has me infuriated.

Absolutely ridiculous how player safety won't look at that but staffords high stick was suspension worthy

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
And that, folks, is what intent to injure looks like.

Absolutely ridiculous how player safety won't look at that but staffords high stick was suspension worthy

Stafford was living on borrowed time after his comments on the officials in January.

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
It's a stress fracture, although it sucks, he will be 100% with no ill affects at all once healed.

AngelicAssassin*

Best of health to Bryan Little as he recovers.

Thank god that Stralman was penalized and suspended for this incident.

Oh wait. Never mind. Wasn't even worth the NHL having a lookie look. What say you know Bettman you ***.

If St. Laurent will be back here for a game there should be a pool to see who can guess how long Maurice will be behind the bench before he gets tossed. I'm saying sometime during the National Anthem. Might see some stick throwing.

Every fan in attendance should have a mask with a **** eating grin on it for the game. And boo him mercilessly. What could he do. It would take him forever to call 15,000+ minor penalties on the fans.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Best of luck Brian, on recovery. We need you big time for our bounce back year next year.

Now that that's taken care of, shouldn't we have known this the day after the incident?

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Im sure he will get great treatment and i don't know much about back stuff but hopefully no long term issues. But on that note, should Little have skated off the ice on his own. And even worse skated twice before they diagnosed the issue

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->