Brunt: Atlanta Thrashers moving to Winnipeg; stands by story, conflicting reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
RT @darenmillard: An agreement to sell the Nhl's Thrashers to a Winnipeg group which plans to relocate the franchise to Manitoba is done. Brunt g&b broke it

RT @darenmillard: Official announcement on tuesday!

Fugu

Atlanta Thrashers moving to Winnipeg

STEPHEN BRUNT

Globe and Mail Update

Published Thursday, May. 19, 2011 8:57PM EDT

An agreement to sell the National Hockey League’s Atlanta Thrashers to a Winnipeg group which plans to relocate the franchise to the Manitoba capital is done.
Sources confirmed tonight that preparations are being made for an announcement Tuesday, confirming the sale and transfer of the Thrashers to True North Sports and Entertainment, which owns and operates the Manitoba Moose of the American Hockey League and the MTS Centre arena, which would become the NHL team’s new home.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/atlanta-thrashers-moving-to-winnipeg/article2029179/

MOD NOTE: Please be civil towards all fans in all markets in discussing this breaking news.

Trolling of fan bases will not be tolerated.

Mockery of fan groups will also not be tolerated.

This is the business board thus a minimum of business decorum and etiquette will be required for all discussions. If you want to celebrate, do it elsewhere.

This is the only warning.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Man I feel horrible for the fans in ATL. Hopefully the relocation supporters can show some class through this process.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Fugu why'd you lock the other threads? Are you just sick of all the banter? :laugh:

it's not official yet... It's actually going the other way saying it hasn't even happened.

Dreger is pretty credible too.

headsigh

leave at once!
Oct 5, 2008
Atlanta
ofthesouth.blogspot.com
It is done, they are just not happy the news broke from a source other than True North or the NHL. I know Thrasher fans don't want to accept the reality but they are moving.

cjobmunz Brian Munz
True North confirms to CJOB sale of Thrashers is NOT done

What more do you need? The team can move... but they haven't yet. Nothing has been set in stone. It's not official.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Its not done till Bob Mackenzie says its done.
And Bob Mackenzie says its not done.

Corey Perry*

I'm getting a bit wet in the eye, I feel bad for the Atlanta fans....

maybe some day done the road, in a few decades, Atlanta can have another chance.

Kitsune

Feb 20, 2003
Toronto ON CA
www.glidingeagle.com
Fugu why'd you lock the other threads? Are you just sick of all the banter? :laugh:

it's not official yet... It's actually going the other way saying it hasn't even happened.

Dreger is pretty credible too.

He got squeezed ...... part 8 was about to go over the 1000 posts limit (and does vb 4.0 even have that issue anymore?).. and I think a joint thread is a good way to go even if its not confirmed, as the two are pretty much linked now.

headsigh

leave at once!
Oct 5, 2008
Atlanta
ofthesouth.blogspot.com
I'm getting a bit wet in the eye, I feel bad for the Atlanta fans....

maybe some day done the road, in a few decades, Atlanta can have another chance.

Doubt it, if it's true, NHL's not coming back for a third time. Atlanta Spirit, LLC has salted the earth for hockey in Georgia for generations to come.

Maybe if we're lucky we'll get an AHL team if the Thrashers move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->