Brule

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
McGuire just said that no team has Brule higher than 4 on their draft board, and that Pouliot is the top forward not named Crosby, with Ryan the second best. Also said Johnson is pretty much the concensus number 2, giving him the infamous "MONSTER!" tag.

dmcilvan

Oct 25, 2004
Of the few representatives from 10 teams so it's not the final lists of the 10 teams either.

But I don't think Brule has the defensive game to be compared to Peca. He plays that feisty/aggressive style, but his offensive game is superior to Peca's.

Shane

Nov 6, 2003
United Kingdom
Visit site
nomorekids said:
McGuire just said that no team has Brule higher than 4 on their draft board, and that Pouliot is the top forward not named Crosby, with Ryan the second best. Also said Johnson is pretty much the concensus number 2, giving him the infamous "MONSTER!" tag.

Team's rankings will change after the interview period.

RE-HABS

Feb 27, 2002
CANADA
With the new style NHL Brule would be a perfect player for Montreal not called Crosby, even though he is a Westerner he does have the French name (background too I would imagine) and would be a fan favourite because of his style and heritage in our media picky Montreal.

Small and creative players are going to be looked at just as hard as the big banging Dmen and Wingers are now, skill is obviously what the NHL wants back...this could change alot of smaller players draft position this year and every year after.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
There's no doubt in my mind that teams are letting Brule's size colour their thinking on him.

Somebody is going to pass on him at the 3,4,5 spot, and end up regretting it later.

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
Yeah, any way you cut it you guys are going to get a damned good player at #5. I'm glad, too. I love the Habs. I want to see you keep that streak alive, winning at least one Cup in each decade. This pick should help get you a little closer to that goal.

BCCHL inactive

PecaFan said:
There's no doubt in my mind that teams are letting Brule's size colour their thinking on him.

I think it's more how a lot of WHL teams succeeded at getting under his skin. Brule took a lot of stupid penalties last season, to the point where his teammates sat him down and told him to smarten up because he was costing them games.

I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to 7-8.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Van said:
I think it's more how a lot of WHL teams succeeded at getting under his skin. Brule took a lot of stupid penalties last season, to the point where his teammates sat him down and told him to smarten up because he was costing them games.

I wouldn't be surprised if he fell to 7-8.

So a 17 year old kid had a temper, big deal. Brule is not the only highly skilled prospect that gets irritated on the ice - I can assure you of that. Perhaps if his Giants mates' could actually score goals like he could he wouldn't be so frustrated...

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Reveille! said:
Somewhere, monster_bertuzzi is crying.

Somewhere where I do not want to be.

Nah, I could care less what TSN says. So they surveyed 10 teams (well, 10 scouts - its not like what Bobby Mckenzie was told is the finished product, one scout could have told him one thing but the head scout or the GM of that particular team could have different rankings come July 30th) and Brule was only 4th at highest - big deal. Do I really care? What it comes down to is that Brule is the second most talented player in the draft. He's slipped (not out of justice) because he is ''small'' at 5'10/5'11 and well, he takes dumb penalties.

Am I alone here? Could it be that I'm crazy? Am I the only one who thinks Brule is 2nd most talented?

Quote from Prospects magazine:

"The Giant's forwards offensive talents are impressive, better than any prospect outside of Sidney Crosby. Combine those skills with his nasty disposition on the ice, it seems a good bet that Brule will get picked up somewhere inside the top 5 whenever the draft is held."

Quote from ISS:

"While Langkow has become a solid second- or third-line NHL center, scoring 50-plus points five consecutive seasons, Brule's upside is higher. He could probably be successful in the NHL as a fast, pesky grinder a la Kris Draper, but his offensive skills at top speed make him a much better prospect than that. When he has the puck on his stick, Brule's speed, nimble skating, creativity and stick skills are closer to Pavel Datsyuk than Langkow."

Chaos Giraffe

Dec 1, 2004
Vancouver
I hope the first 9 teams pass on Brule, cuz he's small and he sucks. :)

With the 10th overall pick in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft, the Vancouver Canucks select Gilbert Brule. :handclap:

There's Crosby, Johnsson, Brule, Kopitar, Ryan, Pouliot, Skille, and O'Marra. I'm pretty sure one or two of them will slip, as it happens every single draft. Guys like Tukonen and Shremp fell on draft day last year, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar result this time around.

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I've watched Brule a lot and I would down play the toughness. He can take and give a hit but don't look for him to be running around at the pro level doing a Tootoo imitation. I think a good comparison is Mark Recchi. Brule is quick from the blue line in and can really score. He will be a dangerous offensive player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad