Brule??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
Brule didnt have a great playoffs no doubt.....dont forget he had 2 Rockets draped on him non stop throughout the series either....I was most impressed with the constant big time hits that Brule did lay on Kelowna players this series none the less.

I can't see him falling past 2nd spot in the draft whenever it does happen....If the Pens get first pick they go with Crosby and Chicago goes with Brule.....If the Pens get 2nd and Hawks first Pens take Brule 2nd.....the only way I could see him falling past 2nd pick is if Washington gets 2nd pick....then they would take Jack Johnson and pens or hawks take Brule 3rd.

What tells you Chicago, Washington and Pittsburgh will get the top 3 picks again?
:dunno:

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
Someone bookmark this thread so you can mark my words - whenever they have the draft....through the phone or what have you, the club picking #2 will take Brule. :teach:

Who would you take if you wanted a center and decided to pass Brule? I guess it would fall to Kopitar.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
borro said:
Who would you take if you wanted a center and decided to pass Brule? I guess it would fall to Kopitar.
When you are picking at 2nd overall...there is absolutely NO WAY you go for positions.. I guess I don't get your question b/c Broolay is a center anywys.

Hordichuk_24

I admit I was disappointed Brule didn't get score more points during the playoffs (the Giants are always a much better team when he does) but to say he didn't show up is a bunch of crap. Brule played very hard out there. No doubt about that.

Plus the kid is so banged up right now. You guys don't even know how many injuries he has played though this season and never said a word about it. He was injured during the top prospects game too and he still somehow managed to score a hat trick.

So give him a break. Unlike some players who are all offense, Brule contributes in a lot of other ways. Even though he wasn't able to get on the scoresheet as much as he'd like, he definitely showed up in the physical department.

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
Isn't Pouliot a center?

No he's a LW. It seems a little odd to me that you're so convinced Brule will go #2, yet you don't even know what position of the player that some view (like ISS for example) as the best forward not named Crosby for the upcoming draft. Pretty strong statement to make if you don't really know much about the other competitors, so to speak.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Someone bookmark this thread so you can mark my words - whenever they have the draft....through the phone or what have you, the club picking #2 will take Brule. :teach:
Good god. :help:

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Hossa said:
No he's a LW. It seems a little odd to me that you're so convinced Brule will go #2, yet you don't even know what position of the player that some view (like ISS for example) as the best forward not named Crosby for the upcoming draft. Pretty strong statement to make if you don't really know much about the other competitors, so to speak.
Thats because he is full of crap.

the_gman83

Mar 27, 2002
Lethbridge
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:

Nothing's guaranteed. Remember 2002? Bouwmeester was supposed to go first, Florida had the first pick and wanted him, and he still went third overall.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:

It's preposterous at this point to say he'll go #2 for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
Isn't Pouliot a center?

Do you even know anything about the other candidates to go in the top 10? And how on earth could you think anyone would see your opinion that Brule will go #2 for sure as credible given your lack of knowledge about the other top prospects?

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
the_gman83 said:
Nothing's guaranteed. Remember 2002? Bouwmeester was supposed to go first, Florida had the first pick and wanted him, and he still went third overall.

Yeah, to *Florida*. Just because they made a side deal, including forcing others to agree not to pick their guy, doesn't really mean he wasn't the top pick. He was the top pick, but called out third, so to speak. I always consider the true #1 to be Bouwmeester that year.

That said, of course something like that could happen again. Teams might trade picks etc, draft on need, etc.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
PecaFan said:
Yeah, to *Florida*. Just because they made a side deal, including forcing others to agree not to pick their guy, doesn't really mean he wasn't the top pick. He was the top pick, but called out third, so to speak. I always consider the true #1 to be Bouwmeester that year.

That said, of course something like that could happen again. Teams might trade picks etc, draft on need, etc.

But the point is, as several others have mentioned...it's ridiculous to attempt to "guarantee" that Brule will go second, even to a team picking BPA. There is no consensus "BPA." Some say it's Johnson, some say it's Brule...and as mentioned, more and more are leaning toward Pouliot. This can't really be compared to Bouwmeester because he WAS the consensus number 1...but Florida made enough little side deals to ensure that they could have their cake and eat it, too. I've seen Brule as high as number 2...and as low as number 5. The only safe guess is that he'll go somewhere in the middle.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Do you even know anything about the other candidates to go in the top 10? And how on earth could you think anyone would see your opinion that Brule will go #2 for sure as credible given your lack of knowledge about the other top prospects?

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=137508

It seems i'm not the only one who wasn't sure of Pouliot's positon, I guess Mckeens is full of **** for having Pouliot as a center too. Eh Macisaac?

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=137508

It seems i'm not the only one who wasn't sure of Pouliot's positon, I guess Mckeens is full of **** for having Pouliot as a center too. Eh Macisaac?

McKeens has led me astray on more than the odd occasion. Having said that, the point that was well made was you can't say Brule is an absolute #2 without knowing what is out there. Having said that, his point totals of 70-39-48-87-167 are impressive. Not to spark debate here, but surely Crosby's numbers would have been more modest in the WHL(59-54-81-135-74). Pouliot and Kopitar are not that far behind Brule though.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
macleafs said:
Who cares that Kelowna is one of the best teams, good players find ways to score big goals.

Yeah, that Iginla sure is a bust. He couldn't even bring the Flames past the Lightning.

Or Thornton against the Habs.

Or...

you get the drift.

gretzky99

King'sPawn said:
Yeah, that Iginla sure is a bust. He couldn't even bring the Flames past the Lightning.

Or...

you get the drift.

Exactly. I don't doubt for a second that Crosby would produce less in a series against the Rockets then a series against a team in the Q of lesser Defensive capabilities.

macleafs

Jan 1, 2004
King'sPawn said:

Or...

you get the drift.
Iginla got them to the finals. Brule didn't if you are doing that comparision.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
macleafs said:
Iginla got them to the finals. Brule didn't if you are doing that comparision.

Okay...

Thornton for the Bruins vs. the Habs
Elias for the Devils vs. the Flyers
Hossa didn't for the Senators vs. the Maple Leafs
Naslund didn't for the Canucks vs. the Flames
Modano didn't for the Stars vs. the Avs

In 2003
Fedorov didn't for the Red Wings vs. the Ducks (I won't even throw Yzerman's name out here)
Neither Sakic nor Forsberg did for the Avs vs. the Wild

And the list goes on... I guess they're all just a heap of disappointing busts who have no business having "star" status in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->