Brule vs Upshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa_Bear_21

Aug 2, 2005
For those who have seen both play (preferably back then and now in scottie's case) how does Brule differ as a prospect compared to Upshall when he was drafted?

I'm just curious because from what I saw from Upshall back then and from I'm reading on brule, it would seem that they have similar skills... would I be totally off base?

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Papa_Bear_21 said:
For those who have seen both play (preferably back then and now in scottie's case) how does Brule differ as a prospect compared to Upshall when he was drafted?

I'm just curious because from what I saw from Upshall back then and from I'm reading on brule, it would seem that they have similar skills... would I be totally off base?

I think overall, they're pretty similar players...with slight differences. Upshall is probably a bit more "skilled" while Brule is more physical.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Good comparison, I'd give the edge to Brule because he is immensely skilled, much moreso than Upshall and I like Upshall a lot!

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
I have to disagree i think Brule is more skilled but Upshall has great leadership qualities as well as being a harder worker. I dont think Upshall ever was considered to be more than a complementary 2nd line player and more likely considerd a good third liner while Brule has more upside but at draft time upshall was considered a safe pick (if i recall correctly)

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
Somewhat similar but Brule is definately more skilled while Upshall is probably a slightly better all around player

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
Brule has more skill, Upshall has more grit. Upshall is the kinda guy you want to take into battle(provided he doesn't get injured ;) ) while Brule is your skilled player that pots the goals in the battle. Both are very valuable, but i think Brule has the upper edge, especially when factoring in the injury history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad