Brule Vs Parise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
RallyKiller said:
Both are about the same size, both have great skill and can be fiesty players.

who is the better prospect?

Parise right now, Brule at the same age.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'd say Brule has more potential offensively, but Parise can become a better two-way player. That's not to suggest that Parise won't score goals, or that Brule won't play defence though. It's a very tough call.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
It's hard to tell because of the age gap, but you can't disregard Brule here.

Parise is a more steady bet, but Brule has loads more potential.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Brule will be the better goal scorer and agitator
Parise will be the better playmaker and two way player

It is VERY close IMHO. Parise dropped to 17 in 2003 when he could have gone 5. But Brule dropped to 6 and could have been a 2. Both dropped a ton in their drafts for their "size" issues. I think they will both be great players, perennial all stars. Too bad they are not on the same team, as their playing styles would complement eachother. Both great skaters. I think a fair present day comparison would be peca vs weight. its a tough choice.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Leachmeister2000 said:
Dropping four spots isn't a "ton" as you say.
i would definitely say it is relative to position. I think that dropping from 2 to 6 is a bigger drop than 10 to 20, easily. I think when you can say "I cant believe he fell that far (to #6), it can definitely be construed as a large drop.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Leachmeister2000 said:
Dropping four spots isn't a "ton" as you say.

I agree with the other poster on this one. Given Brule's hype prior to his draft year, where he was an almost certain number two (and even some were floating the idea of him surpassing Crosby), I would say falling to six, behind Carey Price of all people was a significant drop.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
DownFromNJ said:
It's hard to tell because of the age gap, but you can't disregard Brule here.

Parise is a more steady bet, but Brule has loads more potential.

Does he? Before the wolves come out and label me a pro-American homer, I'm merely asking a question. I've seen both Parise and Brule play, and I don't see a significant differant between them in overall skill. They're also of similar size and build. I would say Brule is more physical and a better goalscorer, while Parise is a better two-way player, exhibits more leadership, and is a better playmaker. I can see Brule with more points in his career, but I don't think that would tell the whole story.

Towelie*

Rabid Ranger said:
Does he? Before the wolves come out and label me a pro-American homer, I'm merely asking a question. I've seen both Parise and Brule play, and I don't see a significant differant between them in overall skill. They're also of similar size and build. I would say Brule is more physical and a better goalscorer, while Parise is a better two-way player, exhibits more leadership, and is a better playmaker. I can see Brule with more points in his career, but I don't think that would tell the whole story.

What do you mean "label me a pro-American homer". You are one, and therefore it has to be taken into consideration when debating with you. That said, everyone does have a bias, so I am not "bashing" you for yours, its quite understandable like you have said.

I don't think the comparison is really fair. I think this may get into the same cyclical argument as the Kesler - Richards one, but even more so. Parise has definately proved more being older. Basically, Brule is younger and owns more potential as OF NOW. Whether Brule has more potential then Parise did when he was Brule's age is a better question.

This one is probably too close to call. Parise has put up solid numbers in the AHL and minors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad