Brule vs Malkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Brownov*

I believe Gilbert Brule has been living in Crosby's shadow,no?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Well, since the Rangers didn't draft Malkin, while they still have a VERY good shot at Brule, I'm going to say Brule. :D

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
jas said:
Well, since the Rangers didn't draft Malkin, while they still have a VERY good shot at Brule, I'm going to say Brule. :D

"With the second pick in the 2005 entry draft the New York Islanders are proud to select Gilbert Brule!" :p: ;)

I prefer Malkin right now, but I will look a bit more closely Brule this coming season.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Fighter said:
"With the second pick in the 2005 entry draft the New York Islanders are proud to select Gilbert Brule!" :p: ;)

I prefer Malkin right now, but I will look a bit more closely Brule this coming season.

C'mon, you know you're guaranteed to get the eighth spot in eastern Conference and bow out five games later. :D

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Brule.

He'll be in Crosby's shadow the entire draft year, obviously, but he isn't as far behind as people think. He's the total package.

Pretty much every aspect of his game right now is equal to or better than Malkin's. And that's saying something. Brule is special.

Almost the whole first round in this draft are special players. You have guys like Jack Johnson who might drop to 10 when they'd go #2/3 in any other draft.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
He'll fit right in with Ovechkin, Fehr, and Semin in DC but I doubt we'll be just as lucky as we were in getting the chance to draft Ovechkin then we would with Brule

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Jay Thompson said:
I have not seen much of Malkin, but take this for what it's worth:

Brule is the best 16/17 year old prospect I've ever seen play in the WHL.

Maybe you didn't see them play, but Patrick Marleau, Mike Modano, Jason Bouwmeester, and Joe Sakic were all better 16 year olds than Brule. Still, thats pretty good company!

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
Maybe you didn't see them play, but Patrick Marleau, Mike Modano, Jason Bouwmeester, and Joe Sakic were all better 16 year olds than Brule. Still, thats pretty good company!

Out of that group, I only saw Bouwmeester.. and sorry, I prefer Brule to him by a longshot.

CH Wizard

BRULE for me I like Malkin but form what I've seen in the WHL Brule has all the tools to be a good NHLer.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Sakic didn't play in the WHL as a 16 yr old. He was 17 in his first WHL season in 86-87.

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
Malkin was taken 2nd in what is considered a "weak" draft year. Brule will probably go 1st or 2nd in what is being touted as one of the strongest draft years in a while.
Brule over Malkin on sheer heart and desire.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Dark Metamorphosis said:
How would you know something like that?

Er he performed open heart surgery on him right after a passionate leer into his nebulous eyes. Northern joke, no punchline, sorry.

Last edited:

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Jay Thompson said:
I have not seen much of Malkin, but take this for what it's worth:

Brule is the best 16/17 year old prospect I've ever seen play in the WHL.

I also believe Brule will be better than Crosby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->