Brule vs. Kopitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

handtrick

Sep 18, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
Has anyone seen both to compare and contrast their games?

Who will be NHL-ready first?

Crosbys gone......you need a center.....you are next up.....Brule and Kopitar are still on the board....who would you take and why.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think Kopitar will be considered a 2nd overall pick, I think his value might be a bit overrated due to the fact he played inferior competition in the WJC's, however, based on what I have heard I can see him being high end sniper.

This is probably a good time to ask how you say Anze Kopitar. I say it (ĂN-zee KŌP-ī-tār)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
go kim johnsson said:
I don't think Kopitar will be considered a 2nd overall pick, I think his value might be a bit overrated due to the fact he played inferior competition in the WJC's, however, based on what I have heard I can see him being high end sniper.

This is probably a good time to ask how you say Anze Kopitar. I say it (ĂN-zee KŌP-ī-tār)
I say it similarly but with 'ay/eh' instead of 'ee' in Anze

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
I was always pretty sure it was AN-za KO-pee-tar... and the original question is good, because I actually think Kopitar is safer, but Brule has higher upside. Kopitar has reminded me of Miroslav Satan (definitely the most underrated sniper in the NHL), sometimes even Naslund. He has an unbelievab le drag crossover and even seems Sundin-ish on breakaways... don't want to go overboard with comparisons though.

Last edited:

badtakemachine

Dec 20, 2002
Choosing between Kopitar and Brule is definitely a good problem to have. Both players have amazing skill levels. I have not seen alot of Kopitar, but at 6'2, 200 lbs (according to FOX), I might give him the slight edge.

By the way, its AN-zee KO-pi-tar :).

Ross_SLO

May 16, 2005
Anže Kopitar in my (his) language
Anzhe Kopitar in english.Just like Alexei Zhitnik

Divine Wind

Ross_SLO said:
Anže Kopitar in my (his) language
Anzhe Kopitar in english.Just like Alexei Zhitnik

My Slovenian Friend who runs www.oilfans.com also confirmed this. Depends whether anze is accented above the Z or not. in this case it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->