Brule ... still #6 of the 2005 draft ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I still put Brule ahead of Pouliot. But behind Crosby, Johnson, and Ryan. Price is kind of a tossup... I don't really believe in goalies, but I suppose he could end up being worthy. :dunno: Strange, my opinion on most of last year's drafts hasn't changed as much as it normally would have in the course of a season. Staal is definitely the rising star, though.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Blind Gardien said:
I still put Brule ahead of Pouliot. But behind Crosby, Johnson, and Ryan.

Yeah I agree. Brule would be #4 at this point. It's really hard to say at this point but my top 9:

1-Crosby
2-Johnson
3-Ryan
4-Brule
5-Staal
6-Pouliot
7-Kopitar
8-Bourdon
9-Price
10-Skille/Lee/Setoguchi/Oshie/Bergfors

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
Yeah I agree. Brule would be #4 at this point. It's really hard to say at this point but my top 9:

1-Crosby
2-Johnson
3-Ryan
4-Brule
5-Staal
6-Pouliot
7-Kopitar
8-Bourdon
9-Price
10-Skille/Lee/Setoguchi/Oshie/Bergfors

My god he's overrated now.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
actually a year and 4 months...but anyways...

I still don't get this fascination over Toews, after watching him atleast 10 times this year.

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Brule was my #2 at the draft and he probably still is. (though JJ is very,very close and as a Kings fan, I wouldve drafted JJ)

Vyse64

N64
Feb 13, 2003
Calgary AB
I would still rank Brule 2nd behind Crosby, I think those shoulder injuries just damaged his rep more than his talent or potential

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
Theoron Fleury 5'6 165
Gilbert Brule 5'10 180 (and counting)

I don't think size means much in this case whether you're below average (Brule) or really small (Fleury). Fleury had a really really low center of gravity which allowed him to weave through traffic unscathed, he was also able to play a feisty game because of his boundless energy (perhaps fueled by a good dose of well nevermind). fleury used his size to his advantage, I can't see Brule playing the way he does and not get injured on a consistent basis. Here's hoping he makes it though, with all the talent he has.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
At the time of the draft it was known that Brule was more ready than Pouliot or Price. The fact that he's made more progress is completely to be expected. It doesn't change his upside, nor the upsides of Pouliot or Price, both of whom were known to be projects. I doubt either Minnesota or Montreal change their picks.

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
Fozz said:
Brule is too frail for the rigors of NHL hockey and will continue to get destroyed at that level.

As high as his talent level is, I'd have to agree here. He's an accident waiting to happen.

That, or he'll be physically ineffective in the NHL and will be bypassed by a good number in that draft.

1. Crosby
2a. Ryan
2b. Johnson
4. Pouliot
5. Kopitar
6. Bourdon
7. Zagrapan
8. Lee
9. Staal
10. Rask

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Pete Rock said:
As high as his talent level is, I'd have to agree here. He's an accident waiting to happen.

That, or he'll be physically ineffective in the NHL and will be bypassed by a good number in that draft.

1. Crosby
2a. Ryan
2b. Johnson
4. Pouliot
5. Kopitar
6. Bourdon
7. Zagrapan
8. Lee
9. Staal
10. Rask
A lot of you guys will be eating crow in a few years time, the fact that he got injured at 18 in the NHL when he wasn't physicaly mature in no way dictates that he will be in the future when he does mature. 18 year olds getting injured is hardly a rare occurence, Kovalchuk spent a lot of time his first 2 seasons on the IR so has Horton who one could argue is supposibly more physicaly mature then Brule given his size. The fact is it is very easy to get injured when your young and your body isn't physicaly developed, but injuries become less likly as you get older and develope. Look at Mark Anton Pouliot, he couldn't stay healthy for 2 years after his draft. He now has gone almost 2 years of injury free hockey, Patrik Eaves who is also small and plays a very gritty game couldn't stay healthy in college, but hes more then held his own as a professional. Did any of these guys signifigently changed there games? Not really, their bodies just matured to the point were they could withstand the physical rigors. Id also like to point out for those that haven't seen Brule play this year, he plays a lot more mature and controled game, he no longer always goes for the big hit like he used too, he picks his spots a lot better and uses his skill game a lot more. What im trying to say is that as his game matures more and more, he wont put him self into the spots that he did earlier to get injured.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Pete Rock said:

1. Crosby
2a. Ryan
2b. Johnson
4. Pouliot
5. Kopitar
6. Bourdon
7. Zagrapan
8. Lee
9. Staal
10. Rask

Brule not even in the top 10? Wow. I don't see how anyone can put Zagrapan ahead of him, Rask for that matter, and Lee. Brule is in the top 5 and will be that way for years to come. Injuries will not be an issue.

sandbox

Nov 6, 2005
I dont see how Setoguchi has fallen AT ALL in any of these lists. If anything hes proven hes worth higher maybe even.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
yelleforpres said:
I dont see how Setoguchi has fallen AT ALL in any of these lists. If anything hes proven hes worth higher maybe even.

It's because he was picked way ahead of what people expected. I had him at around 25 by the time the draft rolled. He's definitely gone up to maybe 15 in my books. I had him low because of his consistency but I always though he had a lot of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->