Brule snubbed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Does anybody else feel that Brule should have been on team WhL for the upcoming series vs Russia. I mean hes 16 and is tied for third in whl scoring. I beleive he should be there even if hes a long shot to make the WJ team this christmas. Brule is performing better then most of the players named to the team and is two to three years younger to boot. What are some of your thoughts?

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
surixon said:
Does anybody else feel that Brule should have been on team WhL for the upcoming series vs Russia. I mean hes 16 and is tied for third in whl scoring. I beleive he should be there even if hes a long shot to make the WJ team this christmas. Brule is performing better then most of the players named to the team and is two to three years younger to boot. What are some of your thoughts?

Me too... But I have the feeling that Team Canada doesn't want to see two 16 yr old in the camp..

But if there is some injuries before the Remax Canada-Russia challenge... Maybe, Brule will invitee...

But i will hide me, I was pretty dissapointed to see he was "Snubbed"...

shazata69

It has more to do with Team Canada for the WJC. Reason why the leagues most talented player Christensen or even Johansson weren't even on the team.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
surixon said:

The players invited are only players that are being considered for team canada at the 2004 WJC. I'm assuming they don't consider him a challenger yet for a spot on the 2004 team.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
shazata69 said:
It has more to do with Team Canada for the WJC. Reason why the leagues most talented player Christensen or even Johansson weren't even on the team.

well Johansson isn't on the team because he is a Euro, this game is only for Canadian citizens (which mean no Euro, or American players). Also Christiensen isn't eligable for the World Junior team because he would be 20 years old by the time it starts, so that is why he isn't there. This tournament is just to help Canadian Hockey pick its team, so it is only Canadian Citizens who where born for 84 up. Christensen was born 83.

shazata69

All-stars means the best players and thats what it should be about. Good idea but a stupid way to decide a team.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
shazata69 said:
All-stars means the best players and thats what it should be about. Good idea but a stupid way to decide a team.

IT'S NOT AN ALL-STAR GAME....

BCCHL inactive

shazata69 said:

Hockey Canada is not using these games to decide the U20 team. They are using these games to help them decide who will get invites to the December tryout camp.

And Spez is right...these are not all-star games.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Van said:
Hockey Canada is not using these games to decide the U20 team. They are using these games to help them decide who will get invites to the December tryout camp.

And Spez is right...these are not all-star games.

when I said team you know I did mean the winter camp, and the entire selection process.

BCCHL inactive

moosefan said:
when I said team you know I did mean the winter camp, and the entire selection process.

Team WHL, OHL and QMJHL for the Canada-Russia series is part of the selection process.

Unless Hockey Canada wants to be labelled as hypocrits, anybody getting an invite to the December camp will be playing in the Canada-Russia series.

Take Jonathan Filewich for example...he went to the summer camp and did quite well. But so far this season, he has been invisible in the WHL, and played himself out of a spot on Team WHL....and there is no way he will get invited to the December camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad