Brule or Latendresse in 05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Most seem to give the edge to Gilbert Brule right now but who is the better prospect? Guillaume Latendresse is about equal in points per game but he leads his team in +-, third in hits, and he's 4 inches taller, 50 pounds heavier and 6 months younger than Brule.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Crosbyfan said:
Most seem to give the edge to Gilbert Brule right now but who is the better prospect? Guillaume Latendresse is about equal in points per game but he leads his team in +-, third in hits, and he's 4 inches taller, 50 pounds heavier and 6 months younger than Brule.

Brule has the edge on Latendresse. I have seen both play live many times in the Canada Winter Games and the U17s this year and Brule has the upper edge on Latendresse, but not by much. Myself though would perfer to have Daniel Bertram to both of them, IMO he will be the better player in the long run to Brule.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
moosefan said:
Brule has the edge on Latendresse. I have seen both play live many times in the Canada Winter Games and the U17s this year and Brule has the upper edge on Latendresse, but not by much. Myself though would perfer to have Daniel Bertram to both of them, IMO he will be the better player in the long run to Brule.

Good call. From the CWG as well as earlier tournament play, I agree. It is difficult since they are not only in different areas but are playing at different levels, but all round I think Bertram has more of the total package.

Size is going to be a factor for both Bertram and Brule, however.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
monster_bertuzzi said:
Brule

And whats all this talk about Brule being small? Last time I checked 5'11 170 isn't shrimpy for a 16 year old.

I know that puts him the size of the average man already (though small by NHL standards), I got him as 17 years old 5'10 and 165 which is solid for his age (and you probably have more up to date height and weight) but I was comparing him to Guillaume Latendresse who is 6'2, 215 and 6 months younger. Most NHL forwards are "small" compared to that, but your right the term "small" doesn't apply to Brule unless he puts the growth brakes on pretty soon. As I said, Ive only seen highlights of Brule and they've been all offense, as one would expect; They didn't show him back checking (or being "chippy" like Roenick). So I have no idea how he really plays other than that he can be quite creative with the puck in the offensive end.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Crosbyfan said:
As I said, Ive only seen highlights of Brule and they've been all offense, as one would expect; They didn't show him back checking (or being "chippy" like Roenick). So I have no idea how he really plays other than that he can be quite creative with the puck in the offensive end.

Believe me, I've seen my share of Giants games, and watch Brule closely. Even his head coach says he plays with an edge and competes like an animal. Maybe not as physical as Roenick, but definatly as chippy and competetive.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
WHL Follower said:
Sidney Crosby
Gilbert Brule
Guillaume Latendresse
Devin Setoguchi
Dan Bertram

IMO Bertram is 2nd on this list, I think he is very underrated for the 87s as people do not get to see him as much since he plays Jr A. Bertram is the fastest skater that I have seen, awsome work ethic, great playmaking and vision, has a good scoring touch, decent hands with the puck, plays physical and isn;t bad in the defensive end.

His skating opens up so much room for him though. Though I think Brule is great I think Bertram is better. Very underrated on this board IMO.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
Brule

And whats all this talk about Brule being small? Last time I checked 5'11 170 isn't shrimpy for a 16 year old.

I know the Giant's website roster has Brule at 5'11" but I am somewhat skeptical - a little inflation in stats is not unheard of. Has he really reached that size?

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
gb701 said:
I know the Giant's website roster has Brule at 5'11" but I am somewhat skeptical - a little inflation in stats is not unheard of. Has he really reached that size?

Well considering Brandon Reid was once listed at 5'10, theres no doubt in my mind that stats are inflated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad