Brule Leads Whl

Status
Not open for further replies.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Gilbert Brule with 1g 2a last night moves into a tie lead for the WHL scoring
race.This guy is really stepping it up a notch in his draft year with an almost
2 pts a game average.The 2005 draft players are living up to their billing as one
of the best and deepest in years.Alex Bourret who is ranked approx.25-35 is
back after a suspension and he now has 14pts in 7 games.I wonder if we could get a sticky thread started to track the top ten players pt production.It might be
harder to track the players outside the CHL but i'm sure someone in those players
regions can update us.We could also track some notables like Bourret who are not
in the top ten yet but look like they might be playing there way towards that.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Also I forgot to mention,I think Brule's play is going to force Canada to look at
him for the World Juniors.I know I'd like a chance to get to see him play.
Anyone see the game last night?

Last edited:

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
pei fan said:
Also I forgot to mention,I think Brule's play is going to force Canada to look at
him for the World Juniors.I know I'd like a chance to get to see him play.
Anyone see the game last night?
(about to commit HF Boards sin). Brule and Crosby on the same line would be sick.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
DaveyCrockett said:
(about to commit HF Boards sin). Brule and Crosby on the same line would be sick.
It's okay son,your sin is forgiven just don't start arguing one against the other.
And I think you mean sic, don't you?By the way I love your avatar.

Crusher20

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Madcap_Laughs said:
Try Ovechkin and Malkin...

sorry but you cant even compare, brule might be superior to ovechkin... and malkin vs crosby.. well... :lol:

:P

now just imagine..

Kostitsyn Crosby Brule

;)

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
In the year 2007, maybe.

Latendresse-Crosby-Brule 05' WJC. :bow:

2006 WJC is gonna rock for team canada....i don't care if i have to sell my brother i am gonna go to the Gold meadal game if Canada is there.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Brule will get a very good look at the junior camp this year, provided he doesn't pull a groin during practice or breaks a leg in a stupid ski accident. (it happens it happens) I think he'll make the team even in a deep ass year like this one. Had there been a season, Latendresse might have had a shot as well.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
xtra said:
2006 WJC is gonna rock for team canada....i don't care if i have to sell my brother i am gonna go to the Gold meadal game if Canada is there.

Doooo yooou have aaaanny idea what this years edition will look like??

Unless there is a lock-out or strike in 06 they are most likely not going to be nearly as good as this year...

Nash
Bergeron
Horton
Stewart
Phaneuf...

Just for starters...

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
This year could still have Crosby AND Brule.. it will just be tricky to get everyone enough ice-time if the NHL boys play...

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
In the year 2007, maybe.

Latendresse-Crosby-Brule 05' WJC. :bow:

Only if there's still a lockout, cuz Crosby will for sure be in the NHL by then. Perhaps next year is more realistic, as the NHL could still be locked out, although if there isn't a lockout Crosby will be in the NHL for sure next year anyways.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Colt.45Orr said:
Unless there is a lock-out or strike in 06 they are most likely not going to be nearly as good as this year...

Nash
Bergeron
Horton
Stewart
Phaneuf...

Just for starters...

[nitpick]

Nash is not eligible for this years juniors. Horton, Bergeron and Burns are the only eligible NHLers

[/nitpick]

X-SHARKIE

I think Canada well have to look at Brule very close. I think this means bad things though for a guy like Eric Fehr or Steve Bernier, Travis Zajac ect. Because Canada well look to add a younger talent who can play down the road.

Brule is an elite talent, Now I would never say he's a better player then Ovechkin, but much like Malkin, we'll be hearing about how this guy should go #1 overall in most drafts.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Getzlaff-Carter-Burns
Dawes-Richards-Stewart
??????-Crosby-Horton
Bergeron-Collition-Dixon (checking line)
-??????-

with all the returneesfrom last year + the NHLers being a near certain lock... this only leaves 2 spots open for...

Perry, Ladd, Picard, Zajac, Roussin, Chipchura, Fehr, Brule and Bernier. I think that Perry would be a great fit on the wing on a scoring line. Doesn`t leave much room for a younger, less experienced Brule... :dunno:

:jump:

Last edited:

Sweeney

Nov 29, 2003
Rimouski
Visit site
espion said:
Getzlaff-Carter-Burns
Dawes-Richards-Stewart
??????-Crosby-Horton
-??????-

with all the returneesfrom last year + the NHLers being a near certain lock... this only leaves 2 spots open for...

Perry, Ladd, Picard, Zajac, Roussin, Chipchura, Brule and Bernier. I think that Perry would be a great fit on the wing on a scoring line. Doesn`t leave much room for a younger, less experienced Brule... :dunno:

Burns has become a d-man i think :dunno:

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
I dont think there is any way that Eric Fehr doesnt make team Canada this year.....not to mention that Ryan Stone has to have a real good shot at making team Canada this year.The 2 of them together are deadly.
X-SHARKIE said:
I think Canada well have to look at Brule very close. I think this means bad things though for a guy like Eric Fehr or Steve Bernier, Travis Zajac ect. Because Canada well look to add a younger talent who can play down the road.

Brule is an elite talent, Now I would never say he's a better player then Ovechkin, but much like Malkin, we'll be hearing about how this guy should go #1 overall in most drafts.

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
Brule>>Burns - when it comes to playing forward;)

Skill wise I agree. But Burns is bigger, older, more experieneced and has played in the NHL as a teenager. the WJC is a tournament mostly for 19 year olds and Brule is still 17 I think. We have tons of talent already, I think mgt. will go with experience rather than with a 2nd underager after Crosby.

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
espion said:
Skill wise I agree. But Burns is bigger, older, more experieneced and has played in the NHL as a teenager. the WJC is a tournament mostly for 19 year olds and Brule is still 17 I think. We have tons of talent already, I think mgt. will go with experience rather than with a 2nd underager after Crosby.

Don't you think they'll look at ability to play hockey first and foremost? Brule obviously has gobs of talent and scoring ability, but I think some people here underestimate how good an energy line guy he would be. He has a good stick and throws his body around like crazy (and he takes runs as everybody, big or small). I honestly think Burns is pretty good to make it but Brule takes Jeff Tambellini's spot from last year.

On the experience note, don't they have enough experience considering the fact that almost the whole team will be returning?

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
espion said:
Getzlaff-Carter-Burns
Dawes-Richards-Stewart
??????-Crosby-Horton
-??????-

Perry, Ladd, Picard, Zajac, Roussin, Chipchura, Fehr, Brule and Bernier. I think that Perry would be a great fit on the wing on a scoring line. Doesn`t leave much room for a younger, less experienced Brule... :dunno:

Nigel Dawes - Jeff Carter - Nathan Horton
Ryan Getzlaf - Sidney Crosby - Anthony Stewart
Patrice Bergeron - Kyle Chipchura - Stephen Dixon
Gilbert Brule - Jeremy Colliton - Eric Fehr
Alexandre Picard

That's how I see it.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
espion said:
Getzlaff-Carter-Burns
Dawes-Richards-Stewart
??????-Crosby-Horton
-??????-

Dixon could be on the outside looking in when the final roster is selected. There are just so many good players available this year.

Also injuries will most likely play a part in any final roster named in December.

I'm also not sure, but has the AHL given the green light for the Horton, Bergeron and Burns to play in the WJC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->