Brule/Latendresse

Status
Not open for further replies.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I know nothing about Latendresse but I can fill you in on Brule, what after growing up with him and all;).

He's simply a game player. He's not a super-talent like Crosby, but his gritty game along with his superior skillz make him a force in the WHL in his rookie season. His size (5'11 165-170) *may* be a factor come draft day, but he's a guaranteed top 3 pick. As for a comparison, think Steve Yzerman. Both about the same size, both right handed shots, both leaders, and both creative as hell with the puck.;)

Newfie Bruin

Apr 30, 2003
NL
Visit site
Brule is prob more grittier than Stevie Y...Will be a Top 3 pick in the 05 Draft
Latendresse was By far Team Quebec's most offensive forward and maybe in the tournament. Probably will be picked after Brule around 4-7..It all depends on next year

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Right Now Crosby, Brule are the Top two, Latendresse is really good and has great size. However Brule is just amazing, I may get blasted for this but Brule might give Crosby a really good run for his money in 05. Brule is just that good.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Vincent_TheGreat said:
Right Now Crosby, Brule are the Top two, Latendresse is really good and has great size. However Brule is just amazing, I may get blasted for this but Brule might give Crosby a really good run for his money in 05. Brule is just that good.

Blasted no. But anything can Happen.

I just dont see it happening

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Vincent_TheGreat said:

Brule is 7 months older than Sid, his ppg are roughly 40% of Sids, his plus minus is average (exactly average at 0) last time I looked, while Sid's is third in the Q league (+41).

Latendresse is still 16 (Brule is 17 & 2 months) a lot bigger, roughly equal ppg to Brule and leads his team in plus/minus (+11) ands is second and top forward in GH (good hits). I suspect by draft time he will be picked ahead of Brule unless the NHL allows skilled players to perform to their potential.

These guys are all awesome players at 16/17 and should be top 10 in the draft, probably top 5 but Sid could pull a Michael Jordan and play baseball for a year and still go 1st in the draft as long as he promised to play hockey. :rolly:

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Crosbyfan said:
Brule is 7 months older than Sid, his ppg are roughly 40% of Sids, his plus minus is average (exactly average at 0) last time I looked, while Sid's is third in the Q league (+41).

Latendresse is still 16 (Brule is 17 & 2 months) a lot bigger, roughly equal ppg to Brule and leads his team in plus/minus (+11) ands is second and top forward in GH (good hits). I suspect by draft time he will be picked ahead of Brule unless the NHL allows skilled players to perform to their potential.

These guys are all awesome players at 16/17 and should be top 10 in the draft, probably top 5 but Sid could pull a Michael Jordan and play baseball for a year and still go 1st in the draft as long as he promised to play hockey. :rolly:

1. PPG means nothing
2. +/- means even less
3. Being 7 months older doesnt mean anything on draft day.

I think Latendresse is better than Brule, but if you compare them, compare their games and not their slight age difference and stats.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
La-La-Laprise said:
1. PPG means nothing
2. +/- means even less
3. Being 7 months older doesnt mean anything on draft day.

I think Latendresse is better than Brule, but if you compare them, compare their games and not their slight age difference and stats.

1)Points per game means nothing?
2) +/- means a lot IF you know how to compare it (team, role, icetime)
3) Draft day is almost a year and a half away. A player 4, 5, 6 or 7 months older will ON AVERAGE plateau 4, 5, 6 or 7 months earlier ON AVERAGE than a player 4, 5, 6 or 7 months younger.

IF you believe what you wrote I'll take the stats over your opinion no matter how many games you watch between now and draft day.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
Crosbyfan said:
QUOTE]

So stats are everything, please! Don't even start with stats. You proved he scored more not that he had better skills or a better player. By your standards guys with more points that are not very good normally late rounders should be early picks huh! Stop with the stats, make a real comparison. And +/- is worthless, really do you know what the stat is. Its a team stat listed as an individual stat.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
crosby turned around the worst team in the chl last year !
he's +41 !!! he supported this team alone(some would disagree) when pouliot was injured !!
i dunno what was the record of the Oceanic when crosby was playing at the WJC but i think it was below 500 !!
crosby is the best 16 player that ever player in the Q!
only thing that worry me .. it's is size ....
MTL should try to land crosby (damn i just can't figured how many jersey of him they'll sell!!)maybe he's the NHL savior ?? who knows? :D
btw im very high on him !! but i still try to stay real ... he could turn as another daigle !! but i still think he has a better attitude than daigle !

Latendresse !! Future Powerforward?? I want him too... :p
anyway we'll see next year how well brule,crosby and latendresse developed..

KariyaIsGod*

Yuo also have to factor in Crosby's great performance at the WJC... That was an indication of his potential which is clearly a lot higher than Brule's...

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
KariyaIsGod said:
Yuo also have to factor in Crosby's great performance at the WJC... That was an indication of his potential which is clearly a lot higher than Brule's...
I wouldn't say that his potential is that much higher then Brule's, iv seen both play and The only area where I can see Crosby as being far superior is speed and explosivness. I also give him a slight edge in passing but shooting and stickhandeling are pretty similar. The same goes to hockey sense and vision. They are also both very gritty players with the slight edge to Brule.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Vincent_TheGreat said:
Crosbyfan said:
QUOTE]

So stats are everything, please! Don't even start with stats. You proved he scored more not that he had better skills or a better player. By your standards guys with more points that are not very good normally late rounders should be early picks huh! Stop with the stats, make a real comparison. And +/- is worthless, really do you know what the stat is. Its a team stat listed as an individual stat.

Yeah, I think I know what the plus/minus stat is. It is one pretty good measure of how well the team does when the the "individual" player is on the ice IF you know how to read it. I agree that you don't. So it's worthless to you. You can ignore all the stats including the score for all I care.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Crosbyfan said:
Yeah, I think I know what the plus/minus stat is. It is one pretty good measure of how well the team does when the the "individual" player is on the ice IF you know how to read it. I agree that you don't. So it's worthless to you. You can ignore all the stats including the score for all I care.

+/- is only good at comparing team mates.

Would you say Alex Tanguay is the best defensive forward in the NHL? Well he has the best +/- among forwards.

Ive never liked +/-

Also if you were an NHL team would you take Roussin over Pouliot or MA Bernier?? Roussin has almost 2 times the points but Crosby can turn a fire hydrant into a sniper.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
La-La-Laprise said:

Would you say Alex Tanguay is the best defensive forward in the NHL? Well he has the best +/- among forwards.

Ive never liked +/-

Also if you were an NHL team would you take Roussin over Pouliot or MA Bernier?? Roussin has almost 2 times the points but Crosby can turn a fire hydrant into a sniper.

You have to factor in (and out) a few variables which of course is easier comparing team mates, since some variables (for instance the goaltending) is the same or similar. You have to ask what and who is driving the plus side as well as what and who is driving the minus side, also what role the player plays and how much icetime. Just recognize that there's a range of doubt with every factor.

There are also random variables (as in luck) but they usually balance out over time. A related variable is the risks taken late in the third when a team is pressing to tie a close game. One built in variable that doesn't belong there is the plus or minus dished out for an empty net goal. Again these tend to balance out over time.

After comparing players on their respective teams you can compare them to each other. Again recognize that there's an increase in the range of doubt when you do this. It's just not as high as some people like to believe.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
La-La-Laprise said:

Ive never liked +/-

Is Alex Tanguay the best defensive forward? If you look at plus/minus on its own its a pretty good indicator of a good TWO WAY forward. Factor in his line mates, team plus/minus etc and you have a better indicator. Factor OUT his even strength offence and you have a somewhat reasonable indication of his defensive play. If you're still not sure WATCH HIM PLAY! :rolly:

But if what you think is greatly at odds with the stats maybe it's reality check time?

As for Roussin I think he's having a great year, better than Pouliot when he's struggling with injuries and yeah, better than MA Bernier ( I only saw him twice and thought they were comparable). You can argue that Sid is driving Dany's points and the plus side of plus/minus but Rimouski has about a third of the plus/minus that Cape Breton has (138 to 420?). Yet their plus/minus is in the same range.(Roussin31 MA Bernier 25) I would take Pouliot, Roussin then MA Bernier in that order although I think the last two are close. 7th rounders usually don't have NHL careers. Roussin might. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->