Brule going back to #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spetzky

Jul 31, 2004
Edmonton
I have noticed the after the CSB rankings came out Brule has been
taking alot fewer penalties and stupid ones at that. I believe in the last 6 or so games he's had only 6 PIM alot better than the 110 in 40 games. Will this discipline and his increased scoring pace bring him back to #2 for ISS, CSB, the other ones...?

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Spetzky said:
I have noticed the after the CSB rankings came out Brule has been
taking alot fewer penalties and stupid ones at that. I believe in the last 6 or so games he's had only 6 PIM alot better than the 110 in 40 games. Will this discipline and his increased scoring pace bring him back to #2 for ISS, CSB, the other ones...?

I think he will be ranked #2 again by seasons end. He will get picked 2nd if the team want a forward, if they want a dman then they'll take Johnson.

He definately shouldn't have been #6, at worst case #3.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
He may not make it back to #2 with CSB, as they have always loved size.

Johnson may end up ahead of Brule despite Brule's best efforts. He too has been great this year and has a great blend of speed, size and toughness.

Pouliot is probably the most intriguing package of speed, size and skills in the draft, and if he can keep his production up over the next few months despite the heavy checking he is receiving, he might also stay ahead of Brule. This would be according to CSB's thinking.

Ryan is posting similar production per game to Brule, and given his size, he may stay ahead of Brule if he picks up where he left off after returning from injury. Many would make the skating argument of Brule v Ryan, but CSB is less inclined to listen to that argument.

Bourdon is also a major size-skill package, especially considering his performance in the skills competition. One would think he might drop after his performance in the game, but one game doesn't effect CSB's thinking too much.

Personally, I really think Brule is the safest pick in the draft after Crosby, but CSB might keep him where he is based on the 'potential' argument, in that those other players have better upsides. If CSB does stand by that at the end of the year, I wouldn't get too upset about it - their rankings have always been a little slanted towards size (even more than others). RLR is at the opposite end (they like skill and aren't afraid to rank smaller forwards high) and TSN simply attempts to create an average based on all scouts feedback (they don't rank the players themselves per se). I don't have a particular read on any tendency with ISS yet, but they do seem to value skill quite high (they had Schremp quite high last year). I'm pretty sure Brule will be #2 or #3 on a few of the rankings at the end of the year, even if CSB isn't one of them.

MeatTornado

I was born ready
Oct 25, 2004
Vancouver
trahans99 said:
I think he will be ranked #2 again by seasons end. He will get picked 2nd if the team want a forward, if they want a dman then they'll take Johnson.

He definately shouldn't have been #6, at worst case #3.

Agreed. I think it will go

1. Crosby
2/a. Johnson/Brule
2/b. Brule/Johnson

It really depends on the needs of #2 overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad