Brule, Bradford or Bertram - Your Opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
As an Ontarian, these are three guys I don't get to see play.
Brule obviously has been getting the most press, though likely not nearly as much as he deserves thanks to #87 in Rimouski.
Bertram's playing against inferior competition (with all due respect to the AJHL), but some seem to think he may be better than Brule.
Brock Bradford gets the least amount of press, although he absolutely lit it up with Coquitlam in the BCHL this year.
I'm very interested in hearing opinions from those out West who've seen these guys play alot. Is Bradford close to the other two in terms of skill?
Is Bertram better than Brule? I'd love to hear some opinions...
Thanx in advance... ;)

Schlep Rock

Feb 28, 2002
USA
1. Brule
2. Bertram
3. Bradford

Gilbert is in a league of his own when it comes to Bertram. Not to take anything away from Dan but Gilbert is the clear #1.

Bertram is definitely ahead of Bradford although Brock is NOT far behind.

One player who I feel will emerge next year is Tyler Swisston. He was a high Bantam Draft pick but not a lot of press. More offensive skill (in my mind) then Bertram but Dan is a better player.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Schlep Rock said:
1. Brule
2. Bertram
3. Bradford

Gilbert is in a league of his own when it comes to Bertram. Not to take anything away from Dan but Gilbert is the clear #1.

One player who I feel will emerge next year is Tyler Swisston. He was a high Bantam Draft pick but not a lot of press. More offensive skill (in my mind) then Bertram but Dan is a better player.

Agreed. Gilbert at times can dominate the WHL which is far superior to the BC and Alberta league which Bertram and Bradford play in.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
monster_bertuzzi said:
Agreed. Gilbert at times can dominate the WHL which is far superior to the BC and Alberta league which Bertram and Bradford play in.

As much as I like Bertram, at this point I have to agree with this. There is no question who played against tougher competition, and Brule met the challenge and handled it extremely well. Based on the last year, Brule leads.

I haven't seen enough of Brock to make a fair comment. I suspect, however, that he and Bertram are too close to call given his performance in BC which is at least as good if not better than the AJ.

Next year will be interesting, however. IF Bertram can excel against the older and tougher competition in the NCAA, he will move up fast. He is going to one heck of a program. We will see how he does.

Saprykin Fan

Sep 8, 2002
Visit site
hey

Schlep Rock said:
1. Brule
2. Bertram
3. Bradford

I have played with and against swyston and bertram, and bertram has the better wheels, but swyston has by far a way better shot and better hands, i havent seen a kid with such good hands as swyston, this kid is good, he is not cocky like bertram is, and i feel that will have a affect on bertram at higher levels, another reason why he went college, a guy could feel pretty safe behind a cage. Overall i would take bertram over swyston.

Bertram:
-small,very very quick
-awsome hands
-decent shot
-see's the ice very well

Swyston:
-tall for his age,pretty thick
-quick ,soft and amazing hands
-best shot i have seen in alberta!!!! no lie
- can find a person easily(sometimes i think he has eyes in the back of his head)

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
I heard alot about this Brent Hill kid in Regina, he came in half way into the season and tore up the Dub. anybody see him play or know anything about this kid?

X-SHARKIE

Schlep Rock said:
1. Brule
2. Bertram
3. Bradford

:handclap: ....agreed. I watch Gilbert Brule and he is really somthing else. He would be getting a huge hype train right now if it wasn't for Crosby....His game is also alot more well rounded....When the right chips fall into place...I have seen Brule take control a game. He's a real talent, he's also a S.O.B. to play against.

BCCHL inactive

Tyler Swystun is going to be unreal. He dominated Prince George Cougars training camp as a 15 year-old.

Trot

Dec 4, 2002
Seattle, Wa
Visit site
Don't forget about Chris Durand down here in Seattle. His 43 points in 60 games for the Thunderbirds don't do his play justice. He was a physical force most nights as well as on the scoresheet. Most of the season he seemed to be the only guy who really cared out there.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Trot said:
Don't forget about Chris Durand down here in Seattle. His 43 points in 60 games for the Thunderbirds don't do his play justice. He was a physical force most nights as well as on the scoresheet. Most of the season he seemed to be the only guy who really cared out there.

He's top 10 for 2005 as we stand right now IMO.

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
X-SHARKIE said:
He would be getting a huge hype train right now if it wasn't for Crosby....His game is also alot more well rounded...

It's like drafting the leader in a bike or car race, Crosby could burn out due to the scrutiny and hype and Brule could surpass him. That said, my money is on Crosby.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
mowzie said:
I heard alot about this Brent Hill kid in Regina, he came in half way into the season and tore up the Dub. anybody see him play or know anything about this kid?
Hes 5'9 195 pounds, and 20 years old. Not much left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->