Brule & Bertram

Status
Not open for further replies.

leondias

Aug 1, 2004
Thermopylae
moosefan said:
are you sure you are watching Bertram because he is not weak on the ice, he can hold his own out there.

He got tossed around the first two games although he was better tonight. He needs to get stronger because he struggled physically at times against kids at this camp and it was a small group. Not a shock he is heading to NCAA over WHL.
Even when he tried to go to the net tonight he struggled to get through traffic. You haven't seen him in a while and that may be the issue. Trust me your in the miority if you like him more than Brule. That being said he will be a first rounder this year based on his great skating ability and offensive skills.

Last edited:

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
leondias said:
He got tossed around the first two games although he was better tonight. He needs to get stronger because he struggled physically at times against kids at this camp and it was a small group. Not a shock he is heading to NCAA over WHL.
Even when he tried to go to the net tonight he struggled to get through traffic. You haven't seen him in a while and that may be the issue. Trust me your in the miority if you like him more than Brule. That being said he will be a first rounder this year based on his great skating ability and offensive skills.

I seen him play less than a year ago, as I seen him play in the Jr A league. If he is having strength issues, he is still only 16, very young to be worried about those issues. His overall skill level is what interest me and I think IMO he has more offensive skills and decent all around skills to be a player that I would take over Gilbert Brule.

leondias

Aug 1, 2004
Thermopylae
moosefan said:
I seen him play less than a year ago, as I seen him play in the Jr A league. If he is having strength issues, he is still only 16, very young to be worried about those issues. His overall skill level is what interest me and I think IMO he has more offensive skills and decent all around skills to be a player that I would take over Gilbert Brule.
I have to give you props if you travelled to Alberta to see him play in the AJHL

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
moosefan said:

Is he only 16?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Crosbyfan said:
Is he only 16?
ment to put 17 years old. Which is still super young for questioning strength issues when his build isn't bad in the first place, I have seen Bertram many times and he never got thrown around with the puck, everyone else said Bertram had an awsome camp.

Last edited:

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
leondias said:
I have to give you props if you travelled to Alberta to see him play in the AJHL

the reason I travelled to Alberta was to help my uncle move to Calgary and I stayed a week with him, so I took in a few games up there of different hockey leagues and I knew Bertram played for Camrose Kodiaks of the AJHL, but I travel a bit a year for hockey since I do scouting for Mckeens

krooky

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
moosefan said:
ment to put 17 years old. Which is still super young for questioning strength issues when his build isn't bad in the first place, I have seen Bertram many times and he never got thrown around with the puck, everyone else said Bertram had an awsome camp.

Moosefan, I gotta say I've seen you say on these boards dozens of times that in your opinion Bertram is better than Brule and i've always thought it was ridiculous. Now after the U18 camp is over many people on other boards who were there and two people I talked to that were there for every game are saying that Bertram shouldn't even have made the team. The majority of people that seen him in camp said he was outplayed by many players and struggled mightily while trying to battle for the puck and while going to the net. I've seen Bertram play only a few times and while I really liked a lot of his intangibles, mainly his speed and instincts, I thought once he got to the higher levels he would start to level off and succumb to the physical part of the game. I honestly love this guys skill but I can really see him dropping signifigantly as a top prospect in the coming months. If he can't take the pounding of kids his own age how is he going to fair playing against 22 and 23 year-old men next year at Boston College?

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
krooky said:
Moosefan, I gotta say I've seen you say on these boards dozens of times that in your opinion Bertram is better than Brule and i've always thought it was ridiculous. Now after the U18 camp is over many people on other boards who were there and two people I talked to that were there for every game are saying that Bertram shouldn't even have made the team. The majority of people that seen him in camp said he was outplayed by many players and struggled mightily while trying to battle for the puck and while going to the net. I've seen Bertram play only a few times and while I really liked a lot of his intangibles, mainly his speed and instincts, I thought once he got to the higher levels he would start to level off and succumb to the physical part of the game. I honestly love this guys skill but I can really see him dropping signifigantly as a top prospect in the coming months. If he can't take the pounding of kids his own age how is he going to fair playing against 22 and 23 year-old men next year at Boston College?

IMO a camp is only short. I really like Bertram but I know Brule will be taken ahead of him, but I like his talent more than Brules, I love Brules game as well...I am a big Brule fan but it may not sound like it but I am. I just think that people are forgetting about the other players such as Setoguchi and Bertram who IMO are not far off of Brules talent. For him being outplayed at the camp I know people I have spoken to who do scouting for CHL teams who were at the camp said that Bertram had a great camp.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
moosefan said:
IMO a camp is only short. I really like Bertram but I know Brule will be taken ahead of him, but I like his talent more than Brules, I love Brules game as well...I am a big Brule fan but it may not sound like it but I am. I just think that people are forgetting about the other players such as Setoguchi and Bertram who IMO are not far off of Brules talent. For him being outplayed at the camp I know people I have spoken to who do scouting for CHL teams who were at the camp said that Bertram had a great camp.

How did Little, one of the youngest on this all 87 team, and Cogliano, also somewhat younger than average as the team is mostly early 87, compare to Brule and Bertram (the "OLD" guys).

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Crosbyfan said:
How did Little, one of the youngest on this all 87 team, and Cogliano, also somewhat younger than average as the team is mostly early 87, compare to Brule and Bertram (the "OLD" guys).

Cogliano is almost up with Brule, though IMO Cogliano needs to work on his stickhandling but he is a super sniper with awsome skating speed, he and Bertram could be the two fastest players in the draft or pretty close. I think Cogliano is almost up to Brule in talent, Little I would have to say that he was awsome but still IMO not up with Brule in the talent he would have been a notch below Brule.

dubfan

Jun 1, 2004
is it easy to say brule was the best player there?? and what does everyone feel about omarra being an assistant captian?

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
moosefan said:
Cogliano is almost up with Brule, though IMO Cogliano needs to work on his stickhandling but he is a super sniper with awsome skating speed, he and Bertram could be the two fastest players in the draft or pretty close. I think Cogliano is almost up to Brule in talent, Little I would have to say that he was awsome but still IMO not up with Brule in the talent he would have been a notch below Brule.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->