Brule 4 points in half a game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Stiffler's Mom said:
Chizzler is some one who gets underserved assists. You usually see these guys sucking up to the ref telling him that he should get an assist when it was undeserved. Or in some cases, the score keeper for that rink chizzles points for his favourite player on his home team. Happens a lot in junior hockey.

Yeah, it's happened a lot with Corey Locke in Ottawa the last couple years.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Stiffler's Mom said:
HA!HA!HA!You haven't got a clue about Brule's origins. He was born in Edmonton, Alberta. His parents are from Ontario and now reside in the Vancouver area. You must have been talking to a mom that was impersonating or the real mom fed you a line of b.s. just to make you go away, or you just made up your own story. By the way there are people all over Canada with "French" names. Some of them speak French and some don't. You should get out more.

ahhhh no. See Brule was with his mother after the game, I was working for Mckeens doing stuff with Brule, we had photos that we took of him and his mom wanted to see them...we got to talking and she never said where he was born I assumed Vancouver but she told me his father was from Montreal, and they met in BC. Lets see Gilbert was calling her "mom" when he was talking to here and I don't think she was B.Sing me since she came over to us to see the photos and chat with us while she was waiting for Brule to come out. FIrst I never knew that it was his mom, then I said you must be related to him (being interested in the photos that we had of him) and she said I am his mother, then about 10 min later after we were done talking Gilbert came out and was calling her "mom." Sounds fishey to me eh.... :dunno: but why would she lie and say his father is from Montreal :dunno:

You are pretty fast to assume that I was making up my own stuff here and saying maybe I should get out more. Seems like the only person you CAN talk about on this board is Brule maybe you should get out more and see more of the players comming up...I really love the quote you made right here:

"West meaning WHL is pretty good. I'm not anti-Crosby. I just think that maybe because he plays in a non-contact glorified midget league that he is over hyped."
this was in the post http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=95017&page=2&pp=15 on the 2nd page.

this quote tells me everything., so maybe I am not the one who should be getting out more :loony:

Last edited:

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
I think what a lot of people don't know about is the fact that Brule fought in this game, and also forchecked like a mad man (hit Coburn to force a giveaway, then beat him to the front of the net on one of his goals). As long as he doesn't get hurt, he's gonna be fun to watch.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Stiffler's Mom said:
HA!HA!HA!You haven't got a clue about Brule's origins. He was born in Edmonton, Alberta. His parents are from Ontario and now reside in the Vancouver area. You must have been talking to a mom that was impersonating or the real mom fed you a line of b.s. just to make you go away, or you just made up your own story. By the way there are people all over Canada with "French" names. Some of them speak French and some don't. You should get out more.

Lay off the crack. Born and raised in Vancouver and his dad is French.

Vic Rattlehead*

Stiffler's Mom said:
:shakehead He was born in Vancouver.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Stiffler's Mom said:
I think your going to end up eating these words.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Stiffler's Mom said:
:dunce: HA!HA!HA! I was just owned big time by moosefan. I took pleasure showcasing my ignorance and was even boldly rude while doing it. :propeller

And now it's going to hurt for a year when I walk. :cry:

Oh yes, it sure will.

But don't beat yourself too hard about it (it's already painful enough). Look at the positives. At least you've got a knack for choosing very appropriate internet handles.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
Oh yes, it sure will.

But don't beat yourself too hard about it (it's already painful enough). Look at the positives. At least you've got a knack for choosing very appropriate internet handles.

:joker:

aznhky38

Sep 27, 2004
woah hold on guys. stifflers mom was right. gilbert was born in edmonton but moved to north van when he was like 7, so he lists north van as his home town. Laprise and everyone else get your facts straight before you go cut down a guy.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
aznhky38 said:
woah hold on guys. stifflers mom was right. gilbert was born in edmonton but moved to north van when he was like 7, so he lists north van as his home town. Laprise and everyone else get your facts straight before you go cut down a guy.

link

I grew up in the same hood' as Gilbert here in North Vancouver.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
littleHossa said:
I'm sure he beats out Ovechkin, LeCavalier, Kovalchuk, Nash already and will be better than any of those can ever imagine.. :shakehead
Good for him that's he's performing, his team is stacked this year so his production could pick up more than expected.

Oh yes he would ;) Many people think that Brule should go first overall, but he is ruled out for all the people who want Crosby.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
aznhky38 said:
That still wouldn't make him right.Moosefan wasn't emphatic at all that Vancouver
was his birthplace(listed on whl website as Vancouver).Stifflers mom argued that
Brules father wasn't from Montreal and Questioned whether moosefan really did
have a conversation with Brules mom.But the main thing was that he did it with
an extra measure of his trademark flair and sarcasm and you don't want to be
wrong in those situations.So there is still some debate as to where he was born,
can anyone clarify this for once and for all.

Last edited:

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Man, all of you guys are way off.

Brule was born Isao Fukushima in Aritamachi, Japan. His father ("Chef") was an Icelandic Jew who eeked out a meagre living crooning to midwives.
His mother ("Creme") was a Cajun gravedigger noted for her custard tarts.

The family moved to North Vancouver ten years ago in order to better access this board.

Get your facts right!

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
steblick said:

Brule was born Isao Fukushima in Aritamachi, Japan. His father ("Chef") was an Icelandic Jew who eeked out a meagre living crooning to midwives.

The family moved to North Vancouver ten years ago in order to better access this board.

Get your facts right!

:lol

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
steblick said:

Get your facts right!

I now remember his mother saying something about this in the conversation but it must have slipped my mind :snide: :lol

Mooseheads@HF

Jan 17, 2003
East Coast
None of you are right, here is the truth on Gilbert's parents... :teach:

His father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. His mother was a 15 year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.

Gilbert's father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Gilbert's childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, he'd make meat helmets. When he was insolent, he was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.

:teach:

Last edited:

aznhky38

Sep 27, 2004
monster_bertuzzi said:
link

I grew up in the same hood' as Gilbert here in North Vancouver.

haha so did i. i was in his grade 2 class when he first came here from edmonton and i played with him throughout minor hockey

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
Mooseheads@HF said:
None of you are right, here is the truth on Gilbert's parents... :teach:

His father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. His mother was a 15 year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.

Gilbert's father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Gilbert's childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring, he'd make meat helmets. When he was insolent, he was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds. Pretty standard, really.

:teach:

Boo! That is not funny anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad