NHL Bruins Win Presidents' Trophy/ Bruins Award Winners

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
According to Bettman it is 82 games

Bettman said the goal is to finish the playoffs and have a full 2020-21 season.

My goal is to reach my ideal weight through a nacho-rich diet.

They’ll have to balance the budget to see if it’s worth playing in empty arenas, because I think live sports are done for 2020. It may not be.

TV revenue for the playoffs should be very good, as networks are starving for any programming - especially sports. I mean, FOX expanded The Masked Singer from one hour to two hours with a painfully dull after show simply because they’re afraid of running out of programming. Injecting 15 playoff matches, plus 8 play-ins, plus 2 sets of round roving, will satisfy NBC’s itch for programming.

But 82 games next season with no fans? That may not be profitable for some teams.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
WPG SA/GP - 32.6
BOS SA/GP - 30.0

^Not a huge difference per game
Let me phrase it another way then.

Hellebuyck has faced around 600 more shots than Rask this year.....and made 550 more saves. Nobody else comes close to those numbers.

In fact, he has SAVED more shots than any other goalie has FACED..

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Let me phrase it another way then.

Hellebuyck has faced around 600 more shots than Rask this year.....and made 550 more saves. Nobody else comes close to those numbers.

In fact, he has SAVED more shots than any other goalie has FACED..

He also has played more games. logic says he would have more SA and more SV if he played more games.

Rask faced around 29 SOG per game and Helly faced around 32 SOG per game. Again not a huge difference.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
WPG SA/GP - 32.6
BOS SA/GP - 30.0

^Not a huge difference per game
if Helly maintained his SV% and faced the same amount of shots as Tuukka he would have let in 12+ less goals than he did, which brings his GAA down to 2.35 and probably nets him 2-3 more wins.

2.5 shots a game doesn't seem like much, but it is 8%, that's significant

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
According to Bettman it is 82 games

Yeah right, Gary. If the NHL ends up producing this stupid and dangerous summer tournament, I don’t see how the next season can begin in October (or how an 82-game schedule could be done if the season started later in the year). I really hope that the tournament doesn’t become a reality.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
if Helly maintained his SV% and faced the same amount of shots as Tuukka he would have let in 12+ less goals than he did, which brings his GAA down to 2.35 and probably nets him 2-3 more wins.

2.5 shots a game doesn't seem like much, but it is 8%, that's significant

Still would have had a higher GAA than Rask. Rask audio had 1 less SO while having less starts. 3 of the last 4 Vezina winners played for the President Trophy winner.

Rask has the best#'s in the NHL and helped backstop his team to the best record in the NHL. If he doesn't win the Vezina he'll be robbed for a 2nd time.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
He also has played more games. logic says he would have more SA and more SV if he played more games.

Rask faced around 29 SOG per game and Helly faced around 32 SOG per game. Again not a huge difference.
I've gotta believe that you understand the toll that facing that kind of workload takes on a goaltender's body? 600 extra shots is not insignificant, nor is the number of games he's played......at a very high level I might add.

Again, I WANT Rask to win the Vezina, but please don't diminish what Hellebuyck has accomplished this year just because we want the home town boy to win it......

Reactions: shoulders7

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Yeah right, Gary. If the NHL ends up producing this stupid and dangerous summer tournament, I don’t see how the next season can begin in October (or how an 82-game schedule could be done if the season started later in the year). I really hope that the tournament doesn’t become a reality.

The only way it doesn't happen is if the players refuse to come back in October. You KNOW that the league isn't going to cut them any slack. They are going to try to jam in as many games a possible off of as short of a break as possible.

Sad to say but when it comes down to Money vs. Player Health, the only people looking out for player health are the players themselves, and its debatable on whether or not the players will push back on this. They like getting paid too.......

Reactions: Estlin

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
i just hope this format does not screw the bruins

Vegas has put the Bruins and Golden Knights as the Stanley Cup favourites:

Vegas Golden Knights +550
Boston Bruins +550
Tampa Bay Lightning +600
Washington Capitals +800
St. Louis Blues +800
Colorado Avalanche +850
Philadelphia Flyers +1200
Dallas Stars +1500
Pittsburgh Penguins +1500
Nashville Predators +2500
Edmonton Oilers +2500
Toronto Maple Leafs +2500
Calgary Flames +3000
Winnipeg Jets +5000
Vancouver Canucks +5000
Arizona Coyotes +5000
Carolina Hurricanes +5000
New York Rangers +7500
Columbus Blue Jackets +7500
Florida Panthers +7500
New York Islanders +7500
Minnesota Wild +7500
Montreal Canadiens +10000
Chicago Blackhawks +10000

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
If you aren't going to play the favorites (Boston) then Carolina, Columbus, Florida and the Islanders are all good value bets......All are extremely well coached and they will be ready to go once this kicks off.

Its freakin wide open this year

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I've gotta believe that you understand the toll that facing that kind of workload takes on a goaltender's body? 600 extra shots is not insignificant, nor is the number of games he's played......at a very high level I might add.

Again, I WANT Rask to win the Vezina, but please don't diminish what Hellebuyck has accomplished this year just because we want the home town boy to win it......

Oh I'm not, he had a fantastic season...but he wasn't the best goalie in the NHL this year.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Congrats to the team, cool accomplishment. Hopefully this playoff run goes better than the last time they won the President's Trophy. Also really cool Pasta got a share of the Rocket Richard, definitely a bummer he couldn't get to 50.

As far as the Vezina, as great a season as Tuukka head (and proved me wrong, I was definitely doubting he could repeat his performance from the 2019 playoffs), the award should go to Hellebuyck, and it isn't particularly close. He should probably win the Hart too imo. Winnipeg was absolutely atrocious defensively this season and he basically carried the team on his back.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I don't find Rask nor Hellebuyck worthy of the Vezina. Neither of them nearly wrecked the playing of the 2020 playoffs due to mortal fear from the entire NHLPA of facing them. This award belongs to Price.

;)

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I don't find Rask nor Hellebuyck worthy of the Vezina. Neither of them nearly wrecked the playing of the 2020 playoffs due to mortal fear from the entire NHLPA of facing them. This award belongs to Price.

;)

The players' obsession/fear of Price is fascinating. There are 27 active goalies that have started at least 20 playoff games since Price entered the league in 2007-08, and he is 16th in SV% and 16th in GAA. (Ironically, the other goalie all the players seem to choose as their "preferred" playoff goalie, Fleury, has even worse stats). Price has also won just 44% of his starts, so he's not even a "winner" like Fleury. For all the shit Rask gets (and I'll admit that his Game 7 track record certainly isn't ideal), he's still top 5 in SV% and GAA in that time period. Personally, I'd take him over any other goalie in the playoffs. He basically single-handedly swept the Penguins in 2013, and no one should have questioned him after that.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Pasta takes the Rocket and I'm still not entirely sure whether he's a better goalscorer or playmaker lmao, he's just that good.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad