NHL Bruins Win Presidents' Trophy/ Bruins Award Winners

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Congrats boys and Congrats Pasta!

Also Tuukka and Jaro win the Jennings!

Well done boys!! I know Pasta's not really a numbers kind of guy, but it must still be a bit frustrating for him to be left stranded just short of the hallowed 50 mark. Good news is it should give him some extra incentive to chase the total again in future.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Tuukka has to be the favorite for the Vezina. Not sure about a Selke for Bergy

Tuukka or Hellebuyck for the Vezina. No-one else should come close. The only other guy I could see being in the picture is Vasilevskiy because the GMs seem to love him, but while he was ok he wasn't in the league of the other two this season.

No Selke for Bergy I think. He had another really solid season, but he missed a few games and was probably held back a touch at times by his injury. Still crazy good, but one or two others stand out just a little more this time.

Reactions: bbfan419 and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Tuukka or Hellebuyck for the Vezina. No-one else should come close. The only other guy I could see being in the picture is Vasilevskiy because the GMs seem to love him, but while he was ok he wasn't in the league of the other two this season.

No Selke for Bergy I think. He had another really solid season, but he missed a few games and was probably held back a touch at times by his injury. Still crazy good, but one or two others stand out just a little more this time.
In my mind Tuukka's numbers make him the Vezina lock.

I'm with you on Bergy. A few missed games and he was limited a few games. It was a very strange end so he may end up winning it.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Well done boys!! I know Pasta's not really a numbers kind of guy, but it must still be a bit frustrating for him to be left stranded just short of the hallowed 50 mark. Good news is it should give him some extra incentive to chase the total again in future.

He has 50 goals in my heart.

Seriously, is there a way, other than injury, that he WOULDN'T have scored 2 goals in 12 games? Looking at his game log, games 46-57 have a total of 3 goals. Wanna guess what happened game 45 and 58? Kid sure knows how to dive into and out of a "slump".

That's the worst he's done all season in 12 consecutive games he's played, I'm pretty sure. And I think that holds for last season, too, if you eliminate the games he didn't play due to injury.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
He has 50 goals in my heart.

Seriously, is there a way, other than injury, that he WOULDN'T have scored 2 goals in 12 games? Looking at his game log, games 46-57 have a total of 3 goals. Wanna guess what happened game 45 and 58? Kid sure knows how to dive into and out of a "slump".

That's the worst he's done all season in 12 consecutive games he's played, I'm pretty sure. And I think that hold for last season, too.
He gets 50 next season.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

I'm with you on Bergy. A few missed games and he was limited a few games. It was a very strange end so he may end up winning it.

For me the only question mark with Rask is games played. Hellebuyck had 15 more starts and put up only slightly inferior numbers despite having to play with a defense that clearly isn't in the same class as the Bruins'. I'd choose Rask and I really hope he gets it, but I'd have no complaints if Connor got the nod instead.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Nice to see a lot of Bruins with hardware!

I'd like to see Bergeron with another Selke but doubt he wins it. Another finalist appearance would be cool though.

What I really want is that big shiny silver thing they won in 2011.

Reactions: Alicat

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Tuukka has to be the favorite for the Vezina. Not sure about a Selke for Bergy

I think the thing Tuukka has going against him is that Hellebuyck started 15 more games and played behind a much worse team. I think they're guaranteed to be #1 and 2 in the voting, but I get the argument for Hellebuyck.

The thing for me is that Rask had a higher shutout %, while also leading the league in SV% and GAA. There's also the fact that, among the 31 goalies with the most starts this year, the difference between Rask and #2 for SV% is the same difference between #2 and #10, and the difference between Rask and #2 for GAA is the same difference between #2 and #13. That's how much better he was than the 2nd best player in each category.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
For me the only question mark with Rask is games played. Hellebuyck had 15 more starts and put up only slightly inferior numbers despite having to play with a defense that clearly isn't in the same class as the Bruins'. I'd choose Rask and I really hope he gets it, but I'd have no complaints if Connor got the nod instead.
I think I'm leaning the other way, mostly because of those very things you noted. I think it's clear they are the only two real choices, but either one could realistically take it. Depends on what the voters view as the more important things to place their voting criteria on.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Tuukka is going to get screwed out of another Vezina. Amazing how most years the guy with top GAA and SV% wins it. This year I've heard a lot of people talking about Helly because of his GP.

Rask should be a 3x Vezina winner after this season, but I won't be shocked if he's still at only 1

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Tuukka is going to get screwed out of another Vezina. Amazing how most years the guy with top GAA and SV% wins it. This year I've heard a lot of people talking about Helly because of his GP.

Rask should be a 3x Vezina winner after this season, but I won't be shocked if he's still at only 1

I wouldn't be upset if Hellebuyck won it. Not only did he play a crapload of games, he did it with not a lot of help from his D.

Winnipeg was awful in their own end. They gave up Top 10 most shots and Top 5 most power play minute differential against. He still ended up just .o7 behind Rask in Save %.

Still hoping Tuukka wins it, but its not a crime against humanity if Hellebuyck does.

Reactions: shoulders7

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I wouldn't be upset if Hellebuyck won it. Not only did he play a crapload of games, he did it with not a lot of help from his D.

Winnipeg was awful in their own end. They gave up Top 10 most shots and Top 5 most power play minute differential against. He still ended up just .o7 behind Rask in Save %.

Still hoping Tuukka wins it, but its not a crime against humanity if Hellebuyck does.

WPG SA/GP - 32.6
BOS SA/GP - 30.0

^Not a huge difference per game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->