Post-Game Talk: Bruins win over Toronto 3-2

doubleculprit

Apr 20, 2007
I still don't see it. The Bruins were unwatchable for most of the night. Seguin is still turning the puck over every chance he gets and Horton was as bad as he's been all year. I'll take the two points, but I'm no believer just yet.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
bsbeerfinal.gif

If Only Geoff Ward was so good with the PP.

That's hysterical.

If that happened in Montreal? We'd have to build a statue next to Orr's.

Someone has to photoshop that so he winks or makes a troll face or something.

Edit: Watch at the end how the guy looks up at the cieling! "What the fuuuuu...."? I hope he's one of those conspiracy people. Now you know how those people are created.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
That's hysterical.

Edit: Watch at the end how the guy looks up at the cieling! "What the fuuuuu...."? I hope he's one of those conspiracy people. Now you know how those people are created.

Was that Mario Lemieux lol? "Here you go Mario, some extra scratch for you".

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I guess I really need to see a complete 60 minute effort before I buy that they're out of this funk. That being said, I don't think they're as bad as they've played during this stretch, and that it will end with a truly dominant performance sooner rather than later.

The thing you should be happy a/b is; far less stupid passes in their own zone, less hail mary passes that get picked off. Which is where all the turnovers were coming from. They dominated territorially.

CJ is allowing his Dmen to jump into the attack. Not just pinch. Well, unless Hamiltion and Siedenberg are doing "Herbies" right now.

I hope he doesn't go back to the old lines, and tinkers w/ them even more.

At least we haven't seen Pandawful Krejci and Horton. Yet.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The thing you should be happy a/b is; far less stupid passes in their own zone, less hail mary passes that get picked off. Which is where all the turnovers were coming from. They dominated territorially.

CJ is allowing his Dmen to jump into the attack. Not just pinch. Well, unless Hamiltion and Siedenberg are doing "Herbies" right now.

I hope he doesn't go back to the old lines, and tinkers w/ them even more.

At least we haven't seen Pandawful Krejci and Horton. Yet.

Yup. That was certainly better last night. The one thing that still bothers me about their style of play is that I think the d tends to reverse too much most of the time, IMO. I get that you want a clean break out, but it's to the point of absurdity. Worst part is that they'd reverse 3-4 times and still turn it over. Sometimes, the best play is the first one you have. I also think this pattern of reversing is limiting the chances they have to catch the other team's d before it's been set.

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Yeah, that was encouraging...I know it's tough to expect a 19 year old to come into the NHL and be physical and in certain situations throw some elbows, I know I saw a few clips of him fighting in juniors which would be the next step I'd love to see him take...By no means do I ever expect him to be a tough guy but if he can be an offensive presence, play well defensively and occasionally drop the gloves and hold his own that'd be awesome

Based on what I had heard about him, and based on what I had seen of him, I didn't expect his game to be overly physical. That being said, I have been pleasantly surprised thus far. He seems to have no issue being physical when necessary, and overall has done a nice job when he has needed to take the body.

Last night, however, I really felt like he was throwing his body around with bad intentions, and like I said, there was a little more nastiness to his game. I also feel, as you do, that that part of the game is something that he will develop over time, to what extent we shall see.

There is a difference between being a physical player, like Seidenberg for example, and a physical presence like Chara or Pronger for example. I think it will be hard for him to reach the nastiness of the latter two, but I certainly think he can bring a physical game to the ice night in and night out like a Seidenberg does. And like you said, drop the gloves when needed.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Yup. That was certainly better last night. The one thing that still bothers me about their style of play is that I think the d tends to reverse too much most of the time, IMO. I get that you want a clean break out, but it's to the point of absurdity. Worst part is that they'd reverse 3-4 times and still turn it over. Sometimes, the best play is the first one you have. I also think this pattern of reversing is limiting the chances they have to catch the other team's d before it's been set.

I think they were trying to stretch out the D too much. But everyone sends in a 2 man forecheck against Boston. Instead of forwards getting open low, short passes and skating, all our D were seeing as opposing jerseys in their face. Hence the 15 reversals and self defeating 15 D to D passes. Yeah, reversing it 11 times then still getting picked off is going to erode your confidence. :laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think they were trying to stretch out the D too much. But everyone sends in a 2 man forecheck against Boston. Instead of forwards getting open low, short passes and skating, all our D were seeing as opposing jerseys in their face. Hence the 15 reversals and self defeating 15 D to D passes. Yeah, reversing it 11 times then still getting picked off is going to erode your confidence. :laugh:

Exactly. To me, reversing it repeatedly instead of putting the pressure on the other team is maddening. I hate it. You have a chance for a quick up, but rather than taking it, you play it safe and reverse, reverse, reverse, and then turn it over anyways? Man that drives me crazy...:laugh:

Kaoz*

Agreed. They went back to being uninspired once they all joined back up...

Pretty much... my question is what's the message being sent to the players? Get slack, and we'll eventually move you down in the lines for a period, maybe two if you're really unimpressive.

Lucic looked great beside Peverley imo. Peverley plays a simpler game then Krejci and that imo plays to Lucic's strengths. One of the main reasons I think he has chemistry with Seguin who plays a very north/south/shoot game. Paille really surprised me as well, guy looked like a top 6 forward with Bergeron and Seguin. Krejci and Marchand started to click a little as well though they'd likely take more time to gell.

Should of stuck with it imo.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Pretty much... my question is what's the message being sent to the players? Get slack, and we'll eventually move you down in the lines for a period, maybe two if you're really unimpressive.

Lucic looked great beside Peverley imo. Peverley plays a simpler game then Krejci and that imo plays to Lucic's strengths. One of the main reasons I think he has chemistry with Seguin who plays a very north/south/shoot game. Paille really surprised me as well, guy looked like a top 6 forward with Bergeron and Seguin. Krejci and Marchand started to click a little as well though they'd likely take more time to gell.

Should of stuck with it imo.

Well I am not sure why he went back-but two things glared with the new lines-Horton is lost on his line and behind more often than not and Pandolfo can't even help the 4th line do much.

4th line missed Paille, but Paille fit well with Bergeron.

I don't know exactly when in the 3rd Julien shortened to three lines (used the KHL and BMS lines with the hodge podge PPC). I wonder if some of the motivation wasn't so this shortened bench would make for an easy switch.

I actually thought Lucic looked good with Peverly and Caron probably had his best game this season-more than anything else I am led to conclude that Peverly just isn't the kind of player that pulls struggling players up but needs people as talented or more talented to perform well.

Peverly looked like a different player with Caron and Lucic than he has with anyone else this season.

bosbruin

Apr 18, 2006
Massachusetts
I've read a lot of these comments and I can't believe people are satisfied with that win.:shakehead That was not a very good performance and if they play like that against the Habs, it's going to be a long night for the B's. They looked slow and out of sync a lot. This is just my opinion.:help:

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
That's hysterical.

From the main board:
icUNat3hiFeXY.gif

doubleculprit

Apr 20, 2007
I've read a lot of these comments and I can't believe people are satisfied with that win.:shakehead That was not a very good performance and if they play like that against the Habs, it's going to be a long night for the B's. They looked slow and out of sync a lot. This is just my opinion.:help:

Put me in your camp, because I was not impressed last night at all. That early turn over by Seguin had my blood boiling. If I were Julien, I would fine anyone who tried a drop pass $1000 dollars. I don't understand where all of these cute little plays are coming from, but they have to go. Get the blue line, put it on, and drive the net! What happened to that? I can't stand the way these guys are playing right now. They don't score, they don't hit, and they don't fight. Those were the luckiest two points all year.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It's crazy. When he scored that goal, I actually got goosebumps. Not necessarily because of the actual goal itself (although it came off a great rush, and demonstrated some patience to watch the 5 hole for the right time), but because I even felt relief for the guy. He's struggled, I don't think anyone denies that....but you just knew how much scoring that goal meant to him....by extension, the whole team.

Good night. :)

I loved how everyone on the B's and the guys behing the bench were so happy for Looch. ;).

hemispheres

Mar 13, 2013
boston,ma.
When the other team is playing well, and you are currently giving big minutes to guys like Aaron Johnson, Matt Bartkowski and a rookie on D, how dominant do you think they're going to be?

IMO they played as well as they could play with that lineup last night. Rask was clearly fighting it and the lines were trying to build some chemistry, and they still managed to outplay and eventually beat a playoff team playing with confidence. I thought it was impressive. In terms of effort it was there for 60 minutes.

Maybe we should hire the Ottawa senators coaches as a consulting firm(poor Excuse)They have looked bad for quite a while now. I guess they deserve credit for squeeking out a win last night to an inferior team. If they go on a 3 to 4 game winning streak, and Lucic is contributing I will feel better. People seem to be acting as if they just won a playoff game.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
How can you hate Looch ?:huh:

Probably because he wines like peyton manning and he can't control his temper.

Other than that if he uses his speed and has some speedy linemates I think he's one of the better players on the team.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Bergy is like that faithful dog who never let you down. What an amazing player...

There was a little guy in the front seat with his Dad. I would guess he was 5.

He was so excited about sitting next to the B's and seemed to know all of them.

After the shoot out his Dad was going to leave but I told him so stay because the 3 stars of the game give away signed sticks to kids.

Bergy was the last to skate out and he skated across the ice and than headed back and gave the little kid the stick. He was so excited he couldn't speak ;) Very cute.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
There was a little guy in the front seat with his Dad. I would guess he was 5.

He was so excited about sitting next to the B's and seemed to know all of them.

After the shoot out his Dad was going to leave but I told him so stay because the 3 stars of the game give away signed sticks to kids.

Bergy was the last to skate out and he skated across the ice and than headed back and gave the little kid the stick. He was so excited he couldn't speak ;) Very cute.

That was very nice of you to let the Dad know about the signed sticks...and I bet the look on the little guys face was priceless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad