Video Bruins vs Sharks

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The Sharks Ice Adult Hockey League is the the largest recreational adult hockey league in America and its headquarters less than 4 miles away from SAP Center.

Why would a Sharks fan be learning about hockey at the Snoopy Ice Center which is over 100 miles away from the Shark Tank?
For the snow cones. Duh.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
The Sharks Ice Adult Hockey League is the the largest recreational adult hockey league in America and its headquarters less than 4 miles away from SAP Center.

Why would a Sharks fan be learning about hockey at the Snoopy Ice Center which is over 100 miles away from the Shark Tank?
I had to look this up, because it didn’t seem right. Not to call you out but if you think the adult league in SJ with only 3500 members is the largest in the US (not America) then you have some facts wrong. StinkySocks which is one of many leagues in the Boston area has over 5000 members, nevermind looking into leagues in Minnesota or New York. Heck Seattle is almost as big as SJ.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Deplorable remarks about Micheal Haley from Jack Edwards. Would he have that same sentiment with Shawn Thornton and his tenure with Florida?

What a spineless prick. It is rich coming from a guy who is about as intimidating as Steve Urkel.

What is so deplorable? Haley is only in the league to fight. Surprising he has made it this long when there is only one other 'goon' I can think of in Reaves and he can play.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I had to look this up, because it didn’t seem right. Not to call you out but if you think the adult league in SJ with only 3500 members is the largest in the US (not America) then you have some facts wrong. StinkySocks which is one of many leagues in the Boston area has over 5000 members, nevermind looking into leagues in Minnesota or New York. Heck Seattle is almost as big as SJ.

Bay Area Boom: Largest Adult League Resides in ... California?!

That was the closest thing to proof I could find. It could be wrong, I’ve also heard it referred to as the biggest American adult hockey league west of the Mississippi.

Reactions: BarnumEffect

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Bay Area Boom: Largest Adult League Resides in ... California?!

That was the closest thing to proof I could find. It could be wrong, I’ve also heard it referred to as the biggest American adult hockey league west of the Mississippi.
Hey, that’s wonderful! I was not picking on your statement but just the facts of it. Anything to grow USA hockey is good. Not sure the above is accurate according to searching the internet of Boston vs SJ but what’s good is good. On the Sharks adult league web site they themselves list a membership of over 3500, while StinkySocks lists over 5000. But it doesn’t matter to me, the more the merrier.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Hey, that’s wonderful! I was not picking on your statement but just the facts of it. Anything to grow USA hockey is good. Not sure the above is accurate according to searching the internet of Boston vs SJ but what’s good is good. On the Sharks adult league web site they themselves list a membership of over 3500, while StinkySocks lists over 5000. But it doesn’t matter to me, the more the merrier.

Yeah for sure. Very possible they reported the numbers wrong, but it still doesn’t change that implying Sharks fans learn the game at the Snoopy Ice Center in Santa Rosa is just flat out dumb when they’ve got a very large adult hockey league that is 10 minutes away from SAP Center.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

That's the other key. If you have one main league, the numbers are going to be bigger than in states where there are multiple leagues and every town has a MDC or rec rink of some kind.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Yeah for sure. Very possible they reported the numbers wrong, but it still doesn’t change that implying Sharks fans learn the game at the Snoopy Ice Center in Santa Rosa is just flat out dumb when they’ve got a very large adult hockey league that is 10 minutes away from SAP Center.
I didn't see you call out the Sharks poster who said Bruins fans are "Jack Edwards disciples". So it's clear you don't have a problem with stupid statements in this thread.

To call out my post without mentioning the post it was responding to and the insult directed in it is kinda only telling part of the story.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I didn't see you call out the Sharks poster who said Bruins fans are "Jack Edwards disciples". So it's clear you don't have a problem with stupid statements in this thread.

To call out my post without mentioning the post it was responding to and the insult directed in it is kinda only telling part of the story.

The difference is that Jack Edwards actually calls Bruins games. Most Sharks fans don’t even know that the Snoopy Ice Center exists.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
That's the other key. If you have one main league, the numbers are going to be bigger than in states where there are multiple leagues and every town has a MDC or rec rink of some kind.
Yup, that was intentional statement that I hoped didn’t go unnoticed and you picked up on it. I won’t giveaway what town I grew up in MA but I would think adult leagues from Quincy alone would beat out San Jose’s membership. Honestly, has there been a day on the T you haven’t seen someone with his sticks and bags going to his game? We haven’t even discussed places like Philly or South Jersey.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The difference is that Jack Edwards actually calls Bruins games. Most Sharks fans don’t even know that the Snoopy Ice Center exists.

Oh so because someone fans can't control works for the team and calls games, that means anyone who disagrees with a Sharks fan is a Jack Edwards disciple, and that wasn't a stupid ad hominem which literally did not address the B's fans' argument and instead just tried to snarky dismiss it with a non sequitar.

But somehow you got truly offended by my comeback.
giphy.gif

In that case, let me sincerely apologize for offending you with my dig at California hockey fans.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Oh so because someone fans can't control works for the team and calls games, that means anyone who disagrees with a Sharks fan is a Jack Edwards disciple, and that wasn't a stupid ad hominem which literally did not address the B's fans' argument and instead just tried to snarky dismiss it with a non sequitar.

But somehow you got truly offended by my comeback.
giphy.gif

In that case, let me sincerely apologize for offending you with my dig at California hockey fans.
Too funny

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
meanwhile he is sticking in the league and playing a shift.
Kinda funny too considering the fact that if Haley comes up the same time Thornton did then he would have a lot more nhl games played by now.

Haley is a meathead who has played regularly the last 3 years in a league with no more meatheads.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Meanwhile Shawn Thornton has a front office job and is retired. Haley wont have that
What, a retirement?

If you mean he won't get a front office job, how the hell would you even know? Mr. Knee-seeking-missile Bryan Marchment has a job with the Sharks. You don't know the relationships players have with people who can get them jobs later on.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Both my statements are completely true. Good argument tho :thumbu:

The Sharks announcers are just as bad as Edward's btw.

To call Randy Hahn as bad is Edwards is just false. I'm not sure I've ever heard that type of reaction from Randy, he's usually very objective and leaves the hyperbole and emotional stuff to his color guys. However, after witnessing the atrocious calls in the first Boston-Sharks game and seeing yet another Sharks player get hit in the head with little repercussion, he finally hit his breaking point.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Chara, over rated fighter and he's a bleeder. He looked stunned in penalty box too.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Deplorable remarks about Micheal Haley from Jack Edwards. Would he have that same sentiment with Shawn Thornton and his tenure with Florida?

What a spineless prick. It is rich coming from a guy who is about as intimidating as Steve Urkel.
I thought Bruins fans were supposed to be tough, they should be completely embarrassed by his comments. I watched a Red Wings game on centre ice and my god, what a difference. All class.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->