GDT: Bruins vs NJD

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Would be interesting to see the replay near the end of regulation. Toporowski was convinced his disallowed shot went in for the win.

Poitras looked good. He seems to have nice hands. Made a couple sweet passes setting his teammates up.

Lysell has some great skill, but man is he ever sloppy and tries to do too much, losing the puck in the process.

Toporowski impressed me a lot in the two games I watched him. He is an overall very good hockey player. Won't be surprised to see him up with the Bs at some point.

Humphrey also looked good. Chippy player who has some offensive skill.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Watched from the second until the shoot out. Only three things stood out to me. The coaching, second effort and structure in the d zone is very good. That is doubly impressive considering all but Brunet and sometimes Berglund, lack mobility. Bussi was solid. Topo is at least an AHLer.

The bad, Lysell and Merkulov were not particularly good. They tried one on one stuff and nothing else. Except for 43, who I assume is Brunet, could not find the roster thread, the d does not have any prospects imo. Berglund isn't the skater I thought. He has a burst but he tries to conserve himself and doesn't use it much. Callahan does a few things well, but skating is a little below average. He looks like another Zboril or Cross.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
GBussi 70
LDCallahan 79Edward 41Brunet 43
RDMast 87Berglund 64Wissmann 60
LWToporowski 83Merkulov 42Greenway 89Hardie 82
CPoitras 51Beecher 19Hall 91Jeri-Leon 78
RWLysell 21Lauko 94Humphrey 72Abate 53

I missed the first period with an appointment, but above is the lineup from the 2nd period. Bussi looked good, except for the 2nd NJ goal, when he opened the legs. Chico Resch, former Islander goalie, criticized him for that. BTW, I met Chico before a game when he was in the minors 40 years ago, and he is a great person! I wasn't intending to talk to him because I didn't want to bother him before a game when I saw him outside the rink, but he started it!

Beecher scored the first Broons' goal on a shot from the left wing and Merkulov the 2nd on a long shot from the center of the offensive zone. Merkulov scored on a sick move and back hand flip top shelf in the shootout and Lysell scored on a nice fore hand wrist shot from the slot.

Although none of Beecher's goals in the tournament were highlight reel goals, I really hope he can score at the pro level and become the 2nd-line center in a couple of years. Da Broons clearly lack speed at the center-ice position and he would help greatly in that regard. Lysell and Merkulov will be on the big club in another year (Lysell) or two (Merkulov).

Last edited:

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
GBussi 70

I missed the first period with an appointment, but above is the lineup from the 2nd period. Bussi looked good, except for the 2nd NJ goal, when he opened the legs. Chico Resch, former Islander goalie, criticized him for that. BTW, I met Chico before a game when he was in the minors 40 years ago, and he is a great person! I wasn't intending to talk to him because I didn't want to bother him before a game when I saw him outside the rink, but he started it!

Beecher scored the first Broons' goal on a shot from the left wing and Merkulov the 2nd on a long shot from the center of the offensive zone. Merkulov scored on a sick move and back hand flip top shelf in the shootout and Lysell scored on a nice fore hand wrist shot from the slot.

Although none of Beecher's goals in the tournament were highlight reel goals, I really hope he can score at the pro level and become the 2nd-line center in a couple of years. Da Broons clearly lack speed at the center-ice position and he would help greatly in that regard. Lysell and Merkulov will be on the big club in another year (Lysell) or two (Merkulov).
Thanks for the lineups. We watched the Dev's feed and they did not say too much about the Bruins. They did mention some of them in the run of play, but seldom. I agree with you about Lysell and Merk but they both have a long way to go. I really like Brunet. He has many talents. He just needs to get much stronger.

Last edited:

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
GBussi 70

Beecher has at least a point in every game so far no?

I'm hoping also that he has 2nd line ceiling at the nhl level

Looking like the strongest C prospect DS has drafted since 2015

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Beecher has at least a point in every game so far no?

I'm hoping also that he has 2nd line ceiling at the nhl level

Looking like the strongest C prospect DS has drafted since 2015
I’d slow that roll till at least the regular camp and preseason. He does look good on the PK though and it could help him carve out a role on the big club

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Froggy_Free_Beer-777.jpg

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Devils fans shocked Lysell looked like hot garbage vs them for the second year in a row

He’s fought a few times in the A
I know he did but I don't recall him doing very well. Terrible would be the word actually. Hopefully he can play a good, gritty game with great speed on the fourth line this year

Beecher at worst looks like a big, fast good 3rd line center. If he continues to play well in the preseason I would at minimum put him in over Nosek.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad