Pre-Game Talk: Bruins vs Jets - Tue Mar 27 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
- Jets practice at noon although it could be quite "optional"
- Bruins are one of four teams we have not beat this season (Leafs Canadiens & Jackets) we still have a chance to remove three teams from this list
-Jets are on a 5 game winning streak
- can stay ahead of Vegas and keep the (slim) division title & presidents trophy hopes alive

Fake playoff update

This game will begin our fake stanley cup final. The run to the fake cup has gone fairly well although we did struggle in the first round.

Round 1. W 4-3
Round 2. W 4-1
Round 3. W 4-2

Our whole season has gone this way really. We are winning enough games and avoiding losing streaks. That is really a recipe for playoff success.

how does the fake playoff run work

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
how does the fake playoff run work

With 28 games to go I decided to track the games as if they were 4 rounds of playoffs. 16 wins required. When we won a round in less than 7 games the left over games were just practice time.

So our series started with:

Rd1 28 games remaining (4-3)
Rd2 21 games remaining (4-1)
Rd3 14 games remaining (4-2)
Rd 4 will start tomorrow with 7 games remaining

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
With 28 games to go I decided to track the games as if they were 4 rounds of playoffs. 16 wins required. When we won a round in less than 7 games the left over games were just practice time.

So our series started with:

Rd1 28 games remaining (4-3)
Rd2 21 games remaining (4-1)
Rd3 14 games remaining (4-2)
Rd 4 will start tomorrow with 7 games remaining

I see. thank you

the last round won't work as much because there will probably be done time off for some of the players going into the playoffs

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I see. thank you

the last round won't work as much because there will probably be done time off for some of the players going into the playoffs

We were missing players in every game so far. It's just a fun excercise . It really means nothing.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
We were missing players in every game so far. It's just a fun excercise . It really means nothing.

I'm not criticising it or really. more so just commenting that the last round will probably play less players that are going into the playoffs

like the last time the jets made it to the playoffs they played copp for the first time

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Really want to see the Jets best the Jets 1.0/Coyotes season best all time point totals: in Winnipeg 96 done, Coyotes 107 only 5 points to go!

You’re comparing apples to oranges against Winnipeg’s 96 points since that was achieved with no overtime extra points.

If the Jets only earned one point if the game ended in regulation at a tied score, we would be 39-19-17 for 95 points. I demand another regular season win before I feel sated.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I'm not criticising it or really. more so just commenting that the last round will probably play less players that are going into the playoffs

like the last time the jets made it to the playoffs they played copp for the first time

Copp played in the last game. Don't see how that's relevant. Even if we rest some players it would only be one or two per game. Like I said we've missed more players than we'll rest, already in some games this stretch. Playoffs are about survival injuries happen.

It!s not meant to be predictive of anything. We're playing a different team ever night. That's not what happens in the playoffs.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Copp played in the last game. Don't see how that's relevant. Even if we rest some players it would only be one or two per game. Like I said we've missed more players than we'll rest, already in some games this stretch. Playoffs are about survival injuries happen.

It!s not meant to be predictive of anything. We're playing a different team ever night. That's not what happens in the playoffs.

?? what
it seems like you're arguing about something I'm not talking about

again..im not criticising anything
and I never made any of those implications

copp played the last game. he didn't play in the playoffs. it's trivial, a fun fact
sheesh

I will argue that deliberately resting your players and putting in AHLers is not the same thing as dealing with injuries tho
one is by choice the other is not

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Geez, this fake playoff business is serious stuff. Wait until the real one's start, holy hell!!

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Great interview, very interesting. The coach has some incredibly high praise for Wheeler - something that stood out to me was his comment about how Blake's drive to get better makes the coaching staff better. Wheels always wants to learn and get better, wants to improve his own game, and that makes the coaches want to become better coaches and provide answers for him (very rough paraphrase).

He also talked about how Wheels can 'flip a switch' between intensity and compassion on the bench - he can be upset in game, but if a younger player messes up, he'll either tell it to him straight (directly but without anger), or put his arm around the guy and give encouragement (like with Laine last year & the own goal).

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Have a hunch that they might play Comrie vs. the Bruins.

Could be.

Bos - Comrie
Chi - Helle
Tor - Helle
Ott - Comrie
MTL - Helle
CCY - Helle
Chi - Comrie

*substitute Hutch or Mason for any of the Comrie games if they get cleared to pay*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad