Pre-Game Talk: Bruins vs Jets - Tue Mar 27 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
If we end up tied in points with Vegas they currently control the ROW tiebreaker and the head to head tiebreaker against us. So we probably need to be 1 point better

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Going to the game, I swear if Marchand puts one of our guys out I'm rushing the ice!

I hope someone drills him, not hurt him, that's not kosher, but you know, rough him up a bit.

Jets need to be wary of him when he’s on the ice. He can hurt you in more ways than one. Last thing we need is a slash connecting and causing damage or a blindside elbow leading to a concussion for any of our players.

I may be in the minority here, but I’ve been a fan of his since his WJC days. Just wish he’d cut out the cheap shot stuff because the guy is a fantastic player. Shows up in big games.

Reactions: Robinson2187

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Jets need to be wary of him when he’s on the ice. He can hurt you in more ways than one. Last thing we need is a slash connecting and causing damage or a blindside elbow leading to a concussion for any of our players.

I may be in the minority here, but I’ve been a fan of his since his WJC days. Just wish he’d cut out the cheap shot stuff because the guy is a fantastic player. Shows up in big games.
Absolutely great player, just a bigger dirtbag is all.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Is it safe to say that this is the first game of the season that isn't a MUST WIN? :laugh:

Depends of course on how you qualify "must win". At this stage, I'm thinking that we must win games to stay ahead of Vegas so we get home ice in the second round.

Then I stop and realize I'm anticipating the Jets in the second round of the playoffs and I just chuckle quietly to myself...

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Maybe he can just get Lurch to rough him up a bit. That should do it.

JK, no rush. I'd like him back against the Laffs though, just for fun.

He should take a slap shot next to Chiarot’s head, or irritate Wheeler a bit for a quicker return.

Edit: Damn it, the joke had already been made :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack722

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Depends of course on how you qualify "must win". At this stage, I'm thinking that we must win games to stay ahead of Vegas so we get home ice in the second round.

Then I stop and realize I'm anticipating the Jets in the second round of the playoffs and I just chuckle quietly to myself...
Actually we need to stay ahead of Vegas to have home ice advantage in the 3rd round. Assuming we get past the 1st round as does the Preds, they will be our 2nd round matchup. Thinking of getting to the 3rd round of the playoffs with home ice advantage does have a real nice ring to it.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
If we end up tied in points with Vegas they currently control the ROW tiebreaker and the head to head tiebreaker against us. So we probably need to be 1 point better

They also will be their divisions winner so... Yeah... They are 2nd seed regardless.

But Vegas is out round 1 like Nashville and Tampa .

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
They also will be their divisions winner so... Yeah... They are 2nd seed regardless.

Yes they will most likely be the Pacific division winner but that doesn't mean anything in the last 2 rounds of the playoffs for home ice adavantage.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Ok... So hypothetically

Nashville loses RD 1.

Vegas wins. Jets win.

Vegas has 110 points. Jets 111.

Even tho in RD 1 vegas would be the number 2 seed in RD 2 they wouldnt be?
Round 2 they will be playing the other Pacific division winner as we will be playing the other Central division winner. In round 3 the Conference championship whoever has most points has home ice advantage.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Ok... So hypothetically

Nashville loses RD 1.

Vegas wins. Jets win.

Vegas has 110 points. Jets 111.

Even tho in RD 1 vegas would be the number 2 seed in RD 2 they wouldnt be?

The Jets can't face Vegas until the 3 Rd round (conference final) seeding is only in effect for the first two rounds. After that the best record (points) gets home ice advantage.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Going to the game, I swear if Marchand puts one of our guys out I'm rushing the ice!

I hope someone drills him, not hurt him, that's not kosher, but you know, rough him up a bit.
Marchand and weaselly Subban back to back , jeez that's alot of screaming back to back .:laugh:

Reactions: Ducky10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad