BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA

nope%2Bdont%2Blike%2Bthat.gif

Reactions: PlayMakers

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Is it a good idea though? I’d be all for a vet Forward if they are good. Stempniak isn’t..

He was hurt last year, you see him in the preseason and get the reports this year from providence? It’s clear to me he’s an nhl player. He’s not a good one but he’s depth. And you need depth. And I prefer that depth has playoff experience

Reactions: Spooner st

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Well it started off as a high all this Stone talk but it looks to be weeded out. Now we are a Stone's throw away from getting Stoned, what a buzz kill.

ps, what about Clayton Stoner

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Stempniak doesn't stop them from making another move, but protects them in case they don't. Even if they 10000000% are going to make a move it can be posturing for negotiations. They ain't spending their 15 million in cap space. Don't freak out.

Reactions: Spooner st and 3B

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Completely disagree. Were possibly looking at trading for this player and you think the fact that he is a TEAM WORST -20!!!! has no bearing on the type of player were potentially acquiring? Giroux +4, Couts +4, Gudas +12! Simmonds -20! that just floors me. Again I always have to say, I know +/- isnt a deep in depth stat or anything but in this case it's pretty telling. You SHOULD be concerned with the fact that Simmonds last three seasons (declining player) is a -54!!!

Again, he has some positives but I feel they're pretty isolated. Good net front presence, great on PP, tough as nails and by all accounts great in the locker room. However, I don't think he would be worth the investment for what he brings at this point. His last 2 playoff series he had 4 assists in 12 games.

On the Bruins, he’s a + player scoring goals in close as a middle 6 W.

His -20 on the Flyers is totally irrelevant.

For cheap, I wouldn’t mind Simmonds.

Go all in for Stone tough.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Wonder if the Bruins would go

22-13-43 3rd line instead of 43-13-42

Means 42 is a scratch and can’t see them doing that.
Please, no to either. Backes starts playoffs as 13th forward. Great guy to put in when needed.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I've got no issues signing Stempniak as depth. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you need to be signed before the trade deadline in order to be eligible for the playoffs. Like someone else said with Hnidy, always good to have veteran depth in case you need it in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad