Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIII - Mod in Op

Status
Not open for further replies.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
what`s Coyle`s hit next year? 3 mill or so?

I`m not a massive Coyle guy but full transparency, probably haven`t seen enough of him but it was clear Teddy`s kid didn`t seem to really be one of Butch`s favorites, guessing Coyle could join the boys for the game vs the Blues?

They didn’t like the way he went into the corners and battled for the puck.
I guess the coach didn’t like his game. I will give this trade a chance but now I’m on the fence on this one. I thought you could’ve got something bigger not with him as a center piece of a trade but him added into a second player into a deal.
I’ll like the trade more down the line. Lol

Reactions: Oates2Neely

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Honestly, I guess we'll figure out when the trade is announced what they plan to do with him.

Minny people think he is a better RW than a center, but then again, he has been positively lousy as RW this year.

I guess I am still hoping there is a good RW coming in. Maybe 3rd line RW is the right spot for Coyle

Who did he play with??

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
If you saw AOF's SIM team, you would understand.

This is what he does.

it is what I do... to be fair its what teams did my first 35 years of life too... its what Detroit did when they were the dominant organization in the nhl for most of 20 year run

does the cap make it impossible to win now with this philosophy?
did the rule changes in the nhl make it impossible?

I foresee a system developing where it will be impossible to win with 21 year old kids getting 8-10 million on their second contracts. weve only seen a handful of this the past year or two... next year the number will double. and I predict within 3 seasons the amount of cap consumed by inconsistent kids going through growing pains is going to be astronomical

in my sim im trying to add players on long term fixed deals like shea weber for example whom I predict will still be impact players down the road. im also avoiding certain players I think can command the 10 million dollar a year salaries

I inherited Patrick kane, john Tavares, and john gradeau for my team... 27 mill cap hit for just 3 guys. I traded them all for picks/prospects. I used the free cap room to bring in guys like corey perry {traded for him but then flipped him}

im not trying to win in my sim this year... I wish I had joined before sept. I wish I had been part of the sim for 5 years and had my kids in place and was adding these vets as a final touch. the mix of players on my team right now is not conducent to winning. I have 11 first round picks stockpiled for the next 4 seasons. it will take awhile for those picks to payoff

in real life, the bruins aren't like my sim team... in rl the bruins are a win now team trying to win before Bergeron/rask/marchand/krejci/and even krug all age past their primes.

bruins don't have a ton of elite talent kids... other than pastrnak and McAvoy its arguable none of the guys are front liners. trying to target 4-5 years from now as our window to win is NOT the right decision.

you can quibble with the targets I identify. im mostly concerned with cap room. I haven't watched/scouted most these guys. I leave that to others. if my scouts told me the guy was gassed id back off. but if some fans say so... fans are often wrong

fans write guys off for dead all the time... often the player is just in a bad situation. larry murphy went on to have a hof career after Toronto wrote him off for dead. when jagr returned to nhl fans laughed. gary Roberts... Mario Lemieux... come back from broken necks and cancer

guys do come back... it does happen
and often a change in scenery can rejuvenate a career... it happens

Last edited:

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
Bjorks got a pretty ****ing good shot... and they absolutely chose the better skater, as they should in todays NHL. Donatos skating was an issue for me

Agreed. I know it's not the best time for a statement like this but, I think Bjork will still be the best NHL player out of our young tweener players right now. From what I saw from him, barring injuries of course (which doesnt bode well for him obviously), I think he puts his game together eventually and has elite skills. Not sure on the overall game IQ yet, but we will see.

Anyways, I wasn't as high on Donato tbh. I thought Vatrano had a better game overall in his time here by far. Donato might put it together but I see more of a Matt Fraser type player then I do even a Vatrano.

Hoping Coyle plays his role here well and helps out ala Peverley.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
LW depth chart- Donato was probably behind everyone except Lauko

Marchand
DeBrusk
Heinen
Cehlarik
Kuraly
Bjork
Lauko

We are are still loaded at LW

We turned our 7th LWer on our depth chart

Into Our 3rd Center on our depth chart

Great trade

40 point 3C for a year and a half

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I called this a few weeks ago. Coyle is signed, big and an NHL player and still young enough. He is not a goal scorer nor a physical threat but he IS a 3rd line center. Not some pie in the sky dream top center that will be the accept being a 3rd line center. That was never going to happen. Those centers are not coming here to be 3rd fiddle to Krech and Bergy and give up bonus money on a checking line basically. We got the guy who is at his water level and cost effective.

Now make a big move for a RW, Stone for Krug, Zboril a 2nd rounder and Cehlarik. Losing Donato does not bother me at all, good luck kid

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
This and the fact Coyle hasn’t been scoring, so they aren’t using the recent scouting to cloud judgement and go for a guy on a hot streak.

I think I like this, fills a huge hole but I can definitely see donato having a vatrano type season very soon. But this is solid all around
makes me wonder if they're hoping Coyle can get a Nino-like boost from getting traded out of Minny. Coyle's only 26 so I'd be surprised if he's on an actual downward trend already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->