Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIII- Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I like Huberdeau on Florida. Obviously would cost a pretty penny to get the panthers to bite on him but I wonder if it can be done. We’re talking Grizz, a good prospect, and a 1st (and id be cool with it)

Would be a game changer

Of course these scouts could be there to watch the blues too. Who knows
Left Shot LW isn't a need...

Reactions: bbfan419 and Skelen

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Would much rather dish Krug for a 2nd line winger or not re-sign Chara than trade Gryz. Much.

I've come around to this position as well. I don't see them as a contender this year. Love what Krug brings to the PP but I'm not giving him $7 million for when he's heading toward 30-32 years of age. I appreciate everything Chara has done but it's time to move on after this year.

For Krug...let's try to get a young center that can grow and play with Pastrnak....use them as a two man unit to solidify one of the top two lines....Bergeron and Marchand on the other. Otherwise we pick up a future starting goalie and move out Rask when possible.

And keep turning the roster over meaning one of Vaak/Lauzon is in the lineup next year.

Reactions: Strafer

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
What if Sweeney just said f*** it and went out and rebuilt the entire 3rd line? You'd pretty much wipe out your prospect pool but it would make for a solid top 9....

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Cehlarik
Ferland - Schenn - Silfverberg

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Have you not seen the impact Cehlarik has provided in the last 2 games?

he is no dog food

still early but is slowly looking like the answer

Certainly but I will be shocked if he is the magical solution after two games. I'd rather the Bruins not limit themselves when it comes to what has been a weakness for years.

Reactions: CptxMorgan

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
The 3rd line definitely needs adjustments because that wont cut it in the playoffs.

Honestly i dont see how Sweeney solves that without giving up that first rounder. And im not sure they are in a position to be sending Heinen and Gryz out.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Gotta believe a few GMs who were scouting the likes of Heinen Donato and JFK have shifted their attention to Cehlarik (hidden in Providence).

I see Don considering trading Cehlarik however I don't see Neely (been wanting this type of player for some time now) and Cassidy (looking for 2nd line chemistry) being on board.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I thought Schenn was very good.

I also think Grzelcyk is very good
Agreed on both.

But tick tock. We’ve spent a lot of time here kicking that deal around like it has legs but here we are days/weeks later and STL is out of town now with no moves made. Obviously they could do something any minute but no reason to think they will.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Gotta believe a few GMs who were scouting the likes of Heinen Donato and JFK have shifted their attention to Cehlarik (hidden in Providence).

I see Don considering trading Cehlarik however I don't see Neely (been wanting this type of player for some time now) and Cassidy (looking for 2nd line chemistry) being on board.

I wonder if Providence is hidden in some alternate dimension no other GM even knows exists. Teams also never scout AHL games.

I know you love Cehlarik and he has looked goods. But some of your takes are so far out there.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Agreed on both.

But tick tock. We’ve spent a lot of time here kicking that deal around like it has legs but here we are days/weeks later and STL is out of town now with no moves made. Obviously they could do something any minute but no reason to think they will.
Up until a couple of weeks ago St.Louis looked dead in the water. They've gone on a little run now and can sniff the PO:s, I'd expect some moves once (or if) they drop back again over the next week or so. Right now they're still in the race.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I wonder if Providence is hidden in some alternate dimension no other GM even knows exists. Teams also never scout AHL games.

I know you love Cehlarik and he has looked goods. But some of your takes are so far out there.

I know some (most) of you think I'm "out there with Cehlarik" GD comes to mind lol. I just think Don is/has been playing his cards knowing his assets and what he had in Cehlarik.

You're right. Other GMs / scouts are well aware of Cehlarik's skillset.

Hey, we all have/form opinions. I don't mind sharing mine and being blasted. Nothing has stopped me for the last 3 years...and there have been many nay sayers on this site.

Time for me to take a step back and enjoy Cehlarik's play and improved team. :)

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Would much rather dish Krug for a 2nd line winger or not re-sign Chara than trade Gryz. Much.

I don’t disagree with either one of these, but you can be the one to tell Bergeron and Krejci and the other vets that you don’t want to compete for the Cup this year.

Like Grizz’s game, but the biggest question mark with him is if he can add some offense. If you deal Krug now, kiss a bunch of offense goodbye.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Well, the morning has dawned and Gryz, Heinen, & Cehlarik are still Bruins.
St. Louis is no doubt on a plane and that is that. I still surmise that both GMs cooled a bit with pieces suddenly playing well.
I'm gonna put the Schenn deal to bed in my head and move on. If the GMs come back around I suspect it will be more around the trade deadline.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Shenn = 9 goals
Tarasenko = 15 goals
Dzingel = 19 goals (playing on the 3rd line)

Last time I checked, Dzingel was on the 2nd line with Duchene (who is playing for a contract and lighting it up offensively). From what I have seen, they don’t play a lot of D.

Context.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t be interested in Dzingel, but Schenn has a lot of elements to his game that RD does not.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed on both.

I was impressed with Schenn

He’s the guy to me

Grzelcyk in some ways is their best D

They have a glut at nhl and left side prospect wise

Something has to give

If Sweeney deals Grzelcyk for Silfverberg or Simmonds he should include himself in the deal

Schenn I can do but otherwise keep Grzelcyk

Grzelcyk most underrated
Carlo most improved
McAvoy most skills

Tough to break up

Divver also says Frederic looking good and he’s a non starter

Mark Divver: Trent Frederic making strides with Providence Bruins - Sports - providencejournal.com - Providence, RI

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
I know some (most) of you think I'm "out there with Cehlarik" GD comes to mind lol. I just think Don is/has been playing his cards knowing his assets and what he had in Cehlarik.

You're right. Other GMs / scouts are well aware of Cehlarik's skillset.

Hey, we all have/form opinions. I don't mind sharing mine and being blasted. Nothing has stopped me for the last 3 years...and there have been many nay sayers on this site.

Time for me to take a step back and enjoy Cehlarik's play and improved team. :)
You're not out there,you were right
Take a victory lap ,you earned it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad