Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XIII- Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It wont happen before. The players would have to be scratch for the game after the trade. Or you would have to make them fighter each other in Jerseys they are not accustomed to. Thats brutal.
Imagine getting traded before a game and having to play your own team.

Maybe they wouldn't play vs their old team, but it wouldn't be the first time a player (in any sport) had been traded and right away was facing his old team.

IIRC the Sox were playing the Twins and traded for Mientkiewicz (who was a Twin) and played that night for Boston.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
It wont happen before. The players would have to be scratch for the game after the trade. Or you would have to make them fighter each other in Jerseys they are not accustomed to. Thats brutal.
Imagine getting traded before a game and having to play your own team.
I swear that I've seen it before but I can't remember the who/what/ when/ circumstances. These days I doubt that would ever happen in the NHL, it's a slap in the face and a mind f***!

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Maybe they wouldn't play vs their old team, but it wouldn't be the first time a player (in any sport) had been traded and right away was facing his old team.

IIRC the Sox were playing the Twins and traded for Mientkiewicz (who was a Twin) and played that night for Boston.

That is brutal.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Most likely won't happen, but two trades I would like are:

1) trade for Dzingel from Ottawa for maybe Heinen and Zboril

2) Blockbuster getting both Tarasenko and Schenn from the Blues, not sure all that would be going back, but I would even include McAvoy , especially if we could also get Parayko back.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Here's a crazy idea... Spezza.

If Dallas is out of it he might be cheap. Could try him on RW (he's a right shot) or 3rd line centre. If Dallas is out of it, he would be mighty cheap.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah, no more ancient forwards at the deadline please. If we're gonna shoot for a rental make it someone in their prime or something. We have assets to use at the deadline this year.

exactly, don`t want to empty the cupboard but right now, cupboard has a pretty good inventory, make a move Donnie Boy!!

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Here's a crazy idea... Spezza.

If Dallas is out of it he might be cheap. Could try him on RW (he's a right shot) or 3rd line centre. If Dallas is out of it, he would be mighty cheap.

Yeah I've suggested this last couple of years. I think that is a guy you could get a great couple months out of. Its been a while since hes had any attention/spotlight being stuck in a non hockey market. Serious kick in the ass to Krejci to play well or he'll be 3C. I'm not giving that guy term as a free agent but that would be a great deadline pick up.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
We are gonna have to pay through the nose for St. Louis' "First line center" if they even want to give him up at all. Yikes.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
We are gonna have to pay through the nose for St. Louis' "First line center" if they even want to give him up at all. Yikes.

They are going to get too good of a player out of us for Schenn or Tarasenko IMO there is no deal to be made. The rest of the team sucks ass.

The Blues also can't abandon their approach of valuing size even if the game is changing.

Schenn for Heinen, JFK, Grizz, and a first is fair but do they take it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad