DeBrusk - NuHop - Puljujarvi

————————————————
I'd look at Anisimov from Chicago too

Reactions: Strafer

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Honestly I wouldn't mind a staal and Coyle package if it doesn't drain our system. Addresses a lot of needs and Fenton looks like the quite reasonable Gm from all accounts.

Staal and Coyle also had pretty good chemistry when put together. I think they were together for the majority of Staal's 40 goal season IIRC. That would give some options for juggling lines if, hypothetically speaking, Bruins acquired those two. Good size and Staal's been clutch in the playoffs from what I've seen. Not sure if MIN would part with them, and if so, what the cost would be.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Staal was adamant about his willingness to stay in Minnesota following Thursday's practice.
"The way I see it: We're in a playoff spot, and I plan on making the playoffs … here," Staal told Russo. "My goal is to be here - hopefully not somewhere else - and to help us win a playoff spot and continue on."

Report: Eric Staal's no-trade list 'vastly populated' with contenders

....cross Staal off the list

Theirs ways around that though. Staal has a ten team list, but that still leaves at least six more teams who are going to get in and a handful more battling for a playoff spot, who Staal can be traded too.

So lets say Fenton says Eric I have two trades, one is I have you going to Vancouver who may or may not make the playoffs and their not on your list the other deal has you going to the Bruins along with Granland, who are trying to win a Cup but their on your list,your choice where would you like to go?

Last edited:

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Theirs ways around that though. Stall has a ten team list, but that still leaves at least six more teams who are going to get in and a handful more battling for a playoff spot, who Staal can be traded too.

So lets say Fenton says Eric I have two trades one is, I have you going to Vancouver who may or may not make the playoffs and their not on your list the other deal has you going to the Bruins along with Granland, who are trying to win a Cup but their on your list,your choice where do you want to go?
Maybe...but if the Bruins and Vancouver are aware he has no heart for it...they may take a pass. There's a note in that article that says after his last deadline trade he stunk.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Maybe...but if the Bruins and Vancouver are aware he has no heart for it...they may take a pass. There's a note in that article that says after his last deadline trade he stunk.

I don't think that's in his DNA. He may not like the fact that he was traded but not to many NHLers do and I'd have no doubt he would give it his all no matter where he ended up.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
I don't think that's in his DNA. He may not like the fact that he was traded but not to many NHLers do and I'd have no doubt he would give it his all no matter where he ended up.
Guess we'll have to wait (and wait and wait and wait and wait) and see. :)

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
A trade to Vancouver was hypothetically speaking. Switch the team to Buffalo hypothetically of course.

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
Fair enough. We don't know his no trade list....and we don't what bubble teams might get
adventurous in terms of assets they'd be willing to trade. We do know (from the article) that
apparently most of the contending teams...the ones most likely to be after him...are on his no
trade list.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I know this has been posted before, but boy am I Jonesing..

G7HFPvd.jpg

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Yes... but lets give Frederic and Kuhlman a few games 1st

Frederic starting to pick it up

I'll disagree with you on Frederic. There's nothing I've seen that's remotely close to showing me he's ready to center a line in the playoffs.

As for Staal, if we are going the rental route, I'd prefer it would be for a rental that we'd actually have some desire to try to re-sign over the summer. He's the same age as Backes.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'll disagree with you on Frederic. There's nothing I've seen that's remotely close to showing me he's ready to center a line in the playoffs.

As for Staal, if we are going the rental route, I'd prefer it would be for a rental that we'd actually have some desire to re-sign over the summer. He's the same age as Backes.

Age aside, Staal is a playoff warrior..... Age is irrelevant, what I think is more important is the amount and kind of injuries that
they've each had and the amount of time missed due to said injuries, and oh yeah what are their playoff records?

Reactions: rocketdan9

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Age aside, Staal is a playoff warrior..... Age is irrelevant, what I think is more important is the amount and kind of injuries that
they've each had and the amount of time missed due to said injuries, and oh yeah what are their playoff records?
Then your definition of a Playoff Warrior is drastically different than mine.

The guy hasn't made it past the first round of the playoffs in the past 10 years.....Only been to the playoffs 3 times since 2009*.

*edit- and tallied 3 points in those 15 playoff games

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad