Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals XI - Mod in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
True. I'm not sure when a player gives his no trade list, but assuming he has to give one before the season started, his list would probably look something like this: Tampa, Toronto, Boston, Washington, Pittsburgh, Nashville, San Jose, Winnipeg, 2 of Vegas/St. Louis/Calgary, maybe even Columbus and/or Dallas too.

I think the Islanders, Stars and BJ could be willing to get him and that may force his hand.
He was asked for it last June, but without knowing the details of the contract it's impossible to know if that list is the same one that's currently in effect. Maybe it lasts for a year, maybe 6 months. No idea.

If it's the list from last summer though I agree with your teams. The Islanders, Blue Jackets and Hurricanes in particular seem likely to both not be on it and possibly interested in trading for him. You never know what his priorities are, but it wouldn't be hard to make arguments for preferring Boston over any of them.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I'm much less optimistic now than I was when I put that there, but I'd be a coward to change it.
No not really, just a realist.

So your owner tells your GM to go ahead and make changes if he feels fit and your coach says their making the playoffs in the same week.Whats your opinion on how things will play out and whats your take on Zucker,Coyle Granlund,Foligno and Brodin.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
No not really, just a realistic.

So your owner tells your GM to go ahead and make changes if he feels fit and your coach says their making the playoffs in the same week.Whats your opinion on how things will play out and whats your take on Zucker,Coyle Granlund,Foligno and Brodin.

Thanks in advance.
I think the only Wild players that are truly off-limits are the NMC guys (Suter, Parise and Koivu) and the injured guys (Dumba and Koivu again).

I think Staal's gone at the deadline one way or another.

I think Fenton will look hard at moving Granlund or Coyle because he might get more for either as a rental+1 than he would over the summer. Granlund in particular I just don't see him wanting to extend for $8m+. Coyle's not quite as pressing because he probably costs less to extend and has enough utility to make him useful to us, but I'm sure he's as available as anyone. I'd put Spurgeon in this group too, but he's probably not as relevant to Boston.

Zucker strikes me as more of an offseason move. His NTC kicking in this summer is the concern with him, but the term and size of his contract means there'll probably be more options before the draft. Again though, if someone really wanted him right now I'm sure he's available.

I can't imagine Foligno would cost a ton if someone wanted him, especially if they weren't sending any cap back.

Brodin's probably a little less likely to move just because Suter seems to have lost a half-step from the foot injury last year and our LD depth doesn't look as good as it used to. Still, if we keep Suter, Dumba and Spurgeon it wouldn't be that hard to find a second pairing LD to round out the top-4.

So yeah, I wouldn't be surprised to see any of them move, but your guess is as good as mine when it comes to what Fenton would want for any of them. With Staal in particular I think a center prospect would be more appealing than picks, which is part of why I'm hoping that Boston's interested.

Reactions: Strafer and TCB

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Not sure if Heinen can be counted on in a first line role in the playoffs but I like those pickups and think they’d be affordable enough to be realistic.
He was totally a non factor in the playoffs last year. He became totally invisible once the physicality and intensity picked up.

Reactions: Strafer

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
If it wins the Bruins the cup I would gladly give up whatever it takes even if it means the following 5 years they will be bottom feeders.

Huge risk though.

I like your mentality, but for guys with term. To me that’s the difference. So if Stone could sign beforehand, I’d easily give up 2-3 top young prospects, a 1st, and a young player. I don’t think anybody in our system ends up the player Stone is, or likely close. But I don’t like giving up big pieces for rentals. That seems extremely shortsighted unless you’re a team like TB and everything is in place.

The play all along, IMO, was a big, real hockey trade. I’m guessing that ship sailed.

Reactions: NDiesel

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Marchand - Bergeron - Simmonds
DeBrusk - Krejci - Pastrnak
Cehlarik - Staal - Heinen
Acciari - Kuraly - Wagner

Unless we can go after Stone, I'm aboard the reasonably invested-in rental train for this year. Reasonably being key - I'm not brimming with confidence in our prospect pool after this season, and don't relish the idea of losing another 1st.
Love Staal, and I actually think Simmonds could be quite the playoff warrior, despite the fact that he's very clearly not the player he was. But again, I'd be concerned about adding two guys on the back9. This is a young man's game and we'd quickly go from being a young team to an old team with those changes.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Well, now Spooner is in Vancouver. Straight up for Gagner.
He's getting to be like Jagr.

mxttD5z.jpg

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
I want Marcus Johansson at third line center. And Silfverberg for the wing.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Silfverberg
Heinen - Johansson - Cehlarik

Those are three lines that can play in all three zones and drive offense consistently. Johansson is a totally different look on the third line from the defensive grinder. His game is built on speed skill and awareness.

Silfverberg is a guy built for the post-season which would jive with JDB and Krejci who both also seem to elevate their games when it's most important.

28 and 27? Either guy could be more than a rental if things worked right. Neither should cost arms and legs either. Something that we can't say about Stone and Panarin.

Yes! I'll sign up for this.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
If we’re just throwing names around and assuming Schenn is also doa:

Marchand-Bergeron-Silfverberg
Debrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak
Heinen-Granlund-Cehlarik (I think)
Wagner-Kuraly- whoever

Have to hope Minny goes the tear down route. Granlund had a year left though so maybe overpay to get him. Wouldn’t mind it though. Fills the incoming centre void.
That's an interesting one. Hadn't seen one with Silf or with Granlund. Silfverberg could be a great fit on the Bergeron line.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I want Marcus Johansson at third line center. And Silfverberg for the wing.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Silfverberg
Heinen - Johansson - Cehlarik

Those are three lines that can play in all three zones and drive offense consistently. Johansson is a totally different look on the third line from the defensive grinder. His game is built on speed skill and awareness.

Silfverberg is a guy built for the post-season which would jive with JDB and Krejci who both also seem to elevate their games when it's most important.

28 and 27? Either guy could be more than a rental if things worked right. Neither should cost arms and legs either. Something that we can't say about Stone and Panarin.

Interesting. Two very attainable guys too. I think I'd put JDB on Johansson's line though. As you said, he's all speed and awareness and neither Heinen nor Cehlarik are very fast. Lots of options with that lineup though. The only potential issue is that Johansson hasn't played a lot of center for NJ.

LavioletteScores

Nov 20, 2011
Looking at things next season and beyond, I think getting Kreider would work well. He has two years on his contract, same as DeBrusk. In two years, you decide if you want to keep one or both, dependign on the rest of the roster. And, Kreider's contract is manageable to sign guys like MacAvoy, Carlo and Heinen. Marchand, Kreider, DeBrusk is a killer left side, and Pasta, Heinen Backes is serviceable.

Reactions: bbfan419

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
If Sweeney can't get Stone, I hope he goes after Voracek.

I've thought about Voracek too. I think he'd be a GREAT fit with Krejci, but the problem is he's 29 and he makes $8.25m for 5 more years after this one. Those are usually declining years, so I don't think it works unless they retain some real money. Voracek at $6m is a lot more palatable.

Voracek - Krejci - Pastrnak

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
He was totally a non factor in the playoffs last year. He became totally invisible once the physicality and intensity picked up.
I don't think it was about the physicality and intensity. IMO, he started to slump in March and just never got his game back. That slump continued right up until Cassidy finally scratched him a couple weeks ago. That benching got his attention and got him playing desperate again. He really needs to keep that needle flatlined because he's not fast enough to play at 80 or even 90%.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Ottawa- Stone, Duchene, Dzingel

Marchand - Bergy - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Stone
Heinen - ?????? - Backes

Marsh - Bergy - Dzingel
Cehlarik - Krejci - Pasta
DeBrusk - Duchene - Heinen

————————————————

NYR- Hayes, Zuccarello, Kreider

Marchand - Bergy - Kreider
Cehlarik - Krejci - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Hayes - Heinen

Marchand - Bergy - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Zuccarello
Heinen - Hayes - Backes

Marchand - Bergy - Zuccarello
DeBrusk - Hayes - Heinen

————————————————

Chicago- Saad

Marchand - Bergy - Saad
DeBrusk - ????? - Heinen

————————————————

LA- Kovalchuk, Carter, Toffoli

Marchand - Bergy - Kovalchuk
DeBrusk - Carter - Heinen

————————————————

Minnesota- Coyle, Staal

Marchand - Bergy - Coyle
DeBrusk - Staal - Heinen

Marchand - Bergy - Staal
DeBrusk - Coyle - Heinen

————————————————

Philadelphia- Voracek, Simmonds

Marchand - Bergy - Simmonds
DeBrusk - ???? - Heinen

————————————————

Philadelphia- Voracek, Simmonds

Marchand - Bergy - Simmonds
DeBrusk - ???? - Heinen

————————————————

Edmonton- Nugent-Hopkins, Puljujarvi

Marchand - Bergy - Heinen
DeBrusk - NuHop - Puljujarvi

————————————————

Reactions: Strafer

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Interesting. Two very attainable guys too. I think I'd put JDB on Johansson's line though. As you said, he's all speed and awareness and neither Heinen nor Cehlarik are very fast. Lots of options with that lineup though. The only potential issue is that Johansson hasn't played a lot of center for NJ.
Yeah he doesn't play a lot of center in general. He can though. Just can't play RW.

As for the specifics of line construction, they matter little to my strategy here. My organization had more to do with mentality than anything else. Heinen, Cehlarik and Johansson all make quick decisions with the puck... The other three all have a tendency to raise their compete levels in critical moments.

But however it'd work out, it's the type of skillset I'd like to see acquired. Adding the more dynamic player than the big body plodder. And I like the idea of at least one of the two potentially being retained for a few rather than the straight up rental.

Finding too that I have little interest in either Duchene or Kovalchuk. Duchene would cost a lot and is IMO a red flag on skates. And the Kings are already ready to do the walk of shame on Kovalchuk not even a third of the way into their commitment. Either would be interesting adds, but they both scare me.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Love Staal, and I actually think Simmonds could be quite the playoff warrior, despite the fact that he's very clearly not the player he was. But again, I'd be concerned about adding two guys on the back9. This is a young man's game and we'd quickly go from being a young team to an old team with those changes.

If the intent was to keep them beyond this season I’d agree - this would be my roll the dice and give this roster an improved shot for the playoffs approach. No interest in keeping either beyond this year.

Reactions: PlayMakers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad