2. Kovalchuk
3. Galchenyuk
4. Virtanen
5. Kassian
6. Wilson
7. Kessel
8. Konecny
9. Laine

Now before you scream and should about Laine absolutely not being available we also need to remember what Bruins fans and others said about Kessel and Seguin as well. I simply put him there for discussion given his long time in the doghouse, off-ice rumours and lofty contract demands. All crazy rumours but the same ones were out about Kessel and Seguin before they were shipped out of Boston.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Plus, Boston fans above all others shouldn't allow current point totals to dictate NHL value. If we did, our value of every forward outside of the 1st line and Krejci would be 4th round draft picks. The Bruins forward stats are that bad this year.
I'd take a flyer on him but not for anything on our roster. Heinen is a serviceable NHLer and Puljujarvi is just...nothing much yet.

plus I love how circular your reasoning is. "You can't look at just points! Take Heinen for example" while wanting to trade away Heinen. And uh...it's not like the Bruins exactly have a great track record of selling low. Skilled guys tend to see their point totals go up after leaving here too.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
isn say Laine is a more valuable piece at this point in his career than Kessel or Seguin were at that same point in theirs. The Jets were pretty patient with the Evander Kane situation, and they held the line with Trouba and resisted caving to trade demands from him. I doubt that they have any interest in moving him.

Would like Konecny though. What's Philly need? D?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Off the radar players we haven't discussed in awhile or at all:

1. Puljujarvi
2. Kovalchuk
3. Galchenyuk
4. Virtanen
5. Kassian
6. Wilson
7. Kessel
8. Konecny
9. Laine

Now before you scream and should about Laine absolutely not being available we also need to remember what Bruins fans and others said about Kessel and Seguin as well. I simply put him there for discussion given his long time in the doghouse, off-ice rumours and lofty contract demands. All crazy rumours but the same ones were out about Kessel and Seguin before they were shipped out of Boston.
jesus christ this list is all over the place. and half those guys have been discussed here a ton. Virtanen is brought up on every f***ing page. The rest are either awful or pipe dreams. that's why nobody's talking about them.

are you hitting the sauce tonight or something?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I'd take a flyer on him but not for anything on our roster. Heinen is a serviceable NHLer and Puljujarvi is just...nothing much yet.

plus I love how circular your reasoning is. "You can't look at just points! Take Heinen for example" while wanting to trade away Heinen. And uh...it's not like the Bruins exactly have a great track record of selling low. Skilled guys tend to see their point totals go up after leaving here too.

Yeah, I'm on the 'trade a struggling RFA with value' for a 'struggling RFA with value' line of thinking this week. Seems to be something Sweeney and another GM would do.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
jesus christ this list is all over the place. and half those guys have been discussed here a ton. Virtanen is brought up on every ****ing page. The rest are either awful or pipe dreams. that's why nobody's talking about them.

are you hitting the sauce tonight or something?

Not at all. Just exhausting all dialogue before tomorrow's move. It's a parade day so Sweeney will have one ready to slide into the page 4 Sports section and last 3 minutes of the sports broadcast after 25 minutes of Pats, 1 minute of Celtics then 2 minutes of Sox talk.

Reactions: Strafer

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
isn say Laine is a more valuable piece at this point in his career than Kessel or Seguin were at that same point in theirs. The Jets were pretty patient with the Evander Kane situation, and they held the line with Trouba and resisted caving to trade demands from him. I doubt that they have any interest in moving him.

Would like Konecny though. What's Philly need? D?
Laine is unquestionably more valuable than either of those guys.

when Kessel was traded he had hit 36 goals once in his 3rd season & was awful defensively.
Seguin had 29 goals once & then struggled big-time in the lockout year and was coming off a terrible playoff run and had major question marks.

Laine scored 36 as a rookie then followed it up with 44. Now he's on pace for 39 in a "down" year. Plus there's the whole 6'5 200+ pounds thing.

Reactions: CptxMorgan

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Laine is unquestionably more valuable than either of those guys.

when Kessel was traded he had hit 36 goals once in his 3rd season & was awful defensively.
Seguin had 29 goals once & then struggled big-time in the lockout year and was coming off a terrible playoff run and had major question marks.

Laine scored 36 as a rookie then followed it up with 44. Now he's on pace for 39 in a "down" year. Plus there's the whole 6'5 200+ pounds thing.
Laine scored 5 goals on 5 shots when I saw him live a few months back. Nothing wrong with his game that wouldn’t be cured by facing a Mike Yeo team more often.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I’m getting to the point where all I really care about is that DS doesn’t buy some flashy name for McAvoy, Carlo, and/or DeBrusk...and Vaak too, I guess.

From there I really don’t care...

I don’t think I have to worry about anyone else that would bother me.

Last year DS indicated his hand was forced because the team played so well...he had to buy big name Nash...this year clearly doesn’t have those demands. He shouldn’t be trading any of those 4 guys.

You can give this team what it needs to make the playoffs and compete without making a splash. Stay off TSN, Donnie.

You would think Panarin is the next Gretzky, these days.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Tyler Toffoli with the winning goal inOT vs Rangers. Also made a good play in the last minute of regulation time to seize the puck and make a pass for the tying goal

And Kreider with a goal for Rags

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, I'm on the 'trade a struggling RFA with value' for a 'struggling RFA with value' line of thinking this week. Seems to be something Sweeney and another GM would do.

Sweeney hasn't made a "hockey trade" since Smith for Hayes.

It's either a player going out for lottery tickets, or lottery tickets going out to bring in a player. That seems to be the only type of deals Sweeney can pull off unfortunately.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Sure, but they could be part of the solution for next season.

Nothing Sweeney has done suggests he can fix it in 1 summer, especially if he again avoids addressing weaknessess of the roster.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Sure, but they could be part of the solution for next season.

Nothing Sweeney has done suggests he can fix it in 1 summer if he again avoids addressing weaknessess of the roster.
I agree. The off season is better for the Bruins IMO. They are in the middle. No great but not going anywhere. More work needs to be done. Why waste assets at the TD.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Except the 15th pick was Senyshyn.

Never let facts get in the way of pointless post.
Speaks the expert of. The point being that draft picks are a gamble, but you know that and just felt like being a jerk as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad