Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals/Rumours '17 - '18 II (post 'em here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
So three 1st rounder from 2015+2016+2017, another 1st in 2018, a young ELC F that showed can play in the middle 6 and a 3rd for a rental F and one more year of McDonaugh? Hard pass.

The Bruins get the best player in the deal for this year and next at the least. Nash gives them a great top 6 without touching the depth of Heinen ,Backes, Spooner, Riley Nash. You lose two prospect D who may someday develop into 3-6 level D, at best, a good prospect in Frederic who projects as a bottom 6 C and Anders Bjork who may become a more offensively talented P.J. Axellsson. The two picks would sting but aren't unbearable and you move Belesky's contract instead of having another buy out.

How badly does this trade effect the Bruins in 5 years? What does it do for them this year and next at the least? The Rangers are not going to give away the two to assets they have for their rebuild, it's going to cost. I take the deal that you know will help your team today while still leaving you prospects for the next couple years.

Reactions: Gargyn

v1821

Feb 23, 2005
Boston, MA
If you, or anyone for that matter, thinks teading Carlo for McD makes this team better, you need to actually think.

We have ONE RHD capable of playing in our top 4 given that Carlo is traded. After that we have Miller and Quaider. If we trade Carlo for McD we now have 2 RHD in our line up at a time instead of 3. If Mc goes down (god forbid) do you trust Miller or Quad in our top 4 or do you roll 4 LDH?

I'm not against aquiring McD, but not at the cost of a current top 4 RHD. Trade futures, that's what they want/need.

Don't think anyone is keen on trading Carlo - as I mentioned in the post, I want to see a McDonagh/Carlo pair. Would create a strong D core of Z - Charlie, McDonagh-Carlo, Krug - Miller.

Couldn't agree more with your last 2 sentences.

V

Reactions: Skelen and TCB

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Sucks that we all get deprived of fun, legitimate talking points because of one vocal poster who doesn't understand the ebb and flow of trade talks. :madfire:

actually I do... I'm the one that says teams talk trades all the time. I have made many supporting posts for eklund saying he very likely has sources and just because his posts don't come true doesn't mean he doesn't have sources. I recently supported james murphy when everyone here attacked him because I said its very likely chiarelli would ask about krug

dom has really called me out several times telling me I hurt his feelings. but never once have I posted he doesn't have inside sources. never once have I said he doesn't know things.

what I said is most trade talk doesn't lead to a trade

what I said is its still trade talk... but lets not treat it like its going to lead to a trade because it probably wont

what I said is a lot of trade talk goes on that never gets leaked... so just because someone didn't leak it don't treat it like it hasn't been discussed.

what I said is gms get fined if they leak trade talk involving players on another team

show me where ive said anything that isn't 100% correct. I feel I must respond to you because here I am being poisoned by a very respected poster calling me out for ruining things.

but debate me on the points... where am I out to lunch here? I admit when I say Cameron mann or kyle wanvig can be good bruins... I'm wrong. when I say I think brad marchand isn't a good signing for 6 years at 6 mill... I'm wrong. when I say might as well throw heinen into the trade instead of Bjork because they both battle for the same spot and its unlikely we can keep both... I might be wrong.

I don't think I'm wrong about keeping both... but maybe heinen is the one to keep instead of Bjork

that's why I don't set myself up as some know it all in the first place. I admit I'm not a scout. I admit my analysis on marchand is based on how other agitator style players age. I admit that even though it seems heinen is better to trade than Bjork, I could live with keeping heinen and dealing Bjork instead.

at the end of the day I like to spend hours everyday enjoying my team. and I like to enjoy it with other people that enjoy it too. my job isn't related to this so maybe I don't need to fight to be right. but I am passionate and if people are fighting against me I will stand my ground and use logic and facts to try to support my pov.

if you feel I don't understand trade talks you obviously haven't been paying any attention and now I'm a bit sad I wasted this time responding to you

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
You need to stop trolling dude. You’re act is getting old and you’re completely wrong. You’re just doing this to get a rise out of everyone and it’s going to end bad for you sir.
I don't get what you're saying. My comment was meant as tongue-in-cheek. I don't know how to add the smile emoticons.

You sir, troll me in nearly every thread. Your obsession with me is flattering, but makes me a little uneasy. Maybe you could stop trying to be the post police for a while and simply enjoy this forum the way it was intended? Thanks

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If you, or anyone for that matter, thinks teading Carlo for McD makes this team better, you need to actually think.

We have ONE RHD capable of playing in our top 4 given that Carlo is traded. After that we have Miller and Quaider. If we trade Carlo for McD we now have 2 RHD in our line up at a time instead of 3. If Mc goes down (god forbid) do you trust Miller or Quad in our top 4 or do you roll 4 LDH?

I'm not against aquiring McD, but not at the cost of a current top 4 RHD. Trade futures, that's what they want/need.

Great post:thumbu:

Reactions: Skelen

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I don't get what you're saying. My comment was meant as tongue-in-cheek. I don't know how to add the smile emoticons.

You sir, troll me in nearly every thread. Your obsession with me is flattering, but makes me a little uneasy. Maybe you could stop trying to be the post police for a while and simply enjoy this forum the way it was intended? Thanks
No you weren’t. And no I don’t. You just continue to say stuff I disagree with and I call you on it.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
As a long-time lurker here, I can honestly say that I've never seen anyone call a trade before it happened. I agree with the person who said only the GMS know and they're not saying.

I remember when the Legendary Kevin Paul Dupont posted here and even he had no inside info, or, if he did, was not willing to offer it up here. I have to laugh when one posters asks another "what are you hearing". Ummm, guess what? The same as all of us.
Anyone with 2 cents of brains knows how to search and see that you are proven wrong with this "no one has predicted trades." They will also prove by searching that this isn't the first time you have tried this and was proven wrong then as well.

Last edited:

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I really hope that another team trades the farm for McDonoigh. It’s insane that Carlo has come up in trade proposals and rumors. Boston is thin on RHD—and they are highly desirable around the league—and some want to unload him, for yet another LHD, no less?

Equally crazy is wanting to deal another area of relative weakness—young centers—in the form of Frederic or JFK. Boston needs to hang on to both players, especially because Krejci and Bergeron are on the wrong side of 30.

The more I think about it, the more Boston should just stand pat

Reactions: Skelen

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I'm not so sure its Krejci changing but the speed of the game. It could go either two ways with Krejci with two big wingers. (1) They knock the **** out of little PMDs and own the puck in the offensive zone or (2) they never get to the puck because they are chasing the play.
The thing you're forgetting here is Krejci with big SKILLED wingers. If they aren't skilled, they are not going to own one inch of the offensive zone. I think that's valid for wingers with any of our centers, truth be told.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I think you could make the argument that between Miller and mcquaid, there is very little difference, perhaps even improvement from them over carlo this year/short term. Carlo has sneaky been our worst regular defenseman. He provides no offense and he makes too many mistakes for a guy who provides no offense. Miller and mcquaid provide no offense and don’t make mistakes. Carlos a better skater and has more value than those 2 long term but this year, hands down swapping mcdonagh for carlo is a win for Bostonz
Carlo's puckmoving creates offense that most times he's not on the scoresheet for. Saying he provides NO offense is disingenuous. Plus, I think he's better defensively than you're giving him credit for. Plus, he's nowhere near a finished product. He's pretty clearly a second pairing guy, and will continue to progress (should continue anyway) for a number more years. He's only in his second year.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
actually I do... I'm the one that says teams talk trades all the time. I have made many supporting posts for eklund saying he very likely has sources and just because his posts don't come true doesn't mean he doesn't have sources. I recently supported james murphy when everyone here attacked him because I said its very likely chiarelli would ask about krug

dom has really called me out several times telling me I hurt his feelings. but never once have I posted he doesn't have inside sources. never once have I said he doesn't know things.

what I said is most trade talk doesn't lead to a trade

what I said is its still trade talk... but lets not treat it like its going to lead to a trade because it probably wont

what I said is a lot of trade talk goes on that never gets leaked... so just because someone didn't leak it don't treat it like it hasn't been discussed.

what I said is gms get fined if they leak trade talk involving players on another team

show me where ive said anything that isn't 100% correct. I feel I must respond to you because here I am being poisoned by a very respected poster calling me out for ruining things.

but debate me on the points... where am I out to lunch here? I admit when I say Cameron mann or kyle wanvig can be good bruins... I'm wrong. when I say I think brad marchand isn't a good signing for 6 years at 6 mill... I'm wrong. when I say might as well throw heinen into the trade instead of Bjork because they both battle for the same spot and its unlikely we can keep both... I might be wrong.

I don't think I'm wrong about keeping both... but maybe heinen is the one to keep instead of Bjork

that's why I don't set myself up as some know it all in the first place. I admit I'm not a scout. I admit my analysis on marchand is based on how other agitator style players age. I admit that even though it seems heinen is better to trade than Bjork, I could live with keeping heinen and dealing Bjork instead.

at the end of the day I like to spend hours everyday enjoying my team. and I like to enjoy it with other people that enjoy it too. my job isn't related to this so maybe I don't need to fight to be right. but I am passionate and if people are fighting against me I will stand my ground and use logic and facts to try to support my pov.

if you feel I don't understand trade talks you obviously haven't been paying any attention and now I'm a bit sad I wasted this time responding to you
How about this for points. You were flat out wrong in both your original post about the cap (the one Dom responded to), and in your response. You said you were trying to make it simple "so people could understand". But you were just wrong with your numbers. That doesn't help anyone understand anything.

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
You need both scoring and the ability to grind teams down in the playoffs. To be clear, I am not jumping up and down clamoring for Maroon --- merely saying that if the Bruins do get him, he should be considered bottom 6 --- not a scoring wing for Krejci.

V

he's not an upgrade on the 2'nd line over Debrusk or Spooner, same goes for 3'rd with Backes and Heinen, so he defaults to the 4'th having to bump someone from what has been an effective line. NO THANK YOU. an upgrade of a 3C that would push Nash to 4C makes sense.

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I think you could make the argument that between Miller and mcquaid, there is very little difference, perhaps even improvement from them over carlo this year/short term. Carlo has sneaky been our worst regular defenseman. He provides no offense and he makes too many mistakes for a guy who provides no offense. Miller and mcquaid provide no offense and don’t make mistakes. Carlos a better skater and has more value than those 2 long term but this year, hands down swapping mcdonagh for carlo is a win for Bostonz

No it's not. You trade Carlo and you destroy our RHD depth. We would have McAvoy then the rest don't belong in the top 4. Miller has flashes of skill, but not long term like Carlo. Not only that, but there is no guarantee that McD resigns with us after 2 years of a MAYBE cup. Keeping Carlo gives us an amazing top 4 with way better chances at a cup or 2 and very strong 5-6 paring also with a guy on the right and left for depth (Quad and Gryz)

McAvoy - McD
Carlo - Z
Miller - Krug
Darth Quader - Gryz

Chara didn't break out offensively until his 4th or 5th year in the NHL. Carlo had a strong 16 points for a rookie season last year. He's not known for his offensive game, but a lack of offensive doesnt make you a usless player.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
No it's not. You trade Carlo and you destroy our RHD depth. We would have McAvoy then the rest don't belong in the top 4. Miller has flashes of skill, but not long term like Carlo. Not only that, but there is no guarantee that McD resigns with us after 2 years of a MAYBE cup. Keeping Carlo gives us an amazing top 4 with way better chances at a cup or 2 and very strong 5-6 paring also with a guy on the right and left for depth (Quad and Gryz)

McAvoy - McD
Carlo - Z
Miller - Krug
Darth Quader - Gryz

Chara didn't break out offensively until his 4th or 5th year in the NHL. Carlo had a strong 16 points for a rookie season last year. He's not known for his offensive game, but a lack of offensive doesnt make you a usless player.

Who called carlo useless? He’d be the centerpiece in a deal that returned a #1 defensmen. I’m aware of his ability and value. It will likely never match mcdonagh though long term

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I basically am not trading Carlo for anyone . I don't want to trade Bjork or Frederic. I would trade draft picks , I would trade Heinen although I don't want to and I'd trade Spooner. I understand you have to trade quality to get something but you just really picked a young defenseman that I don't want to trade at all and at least two of my favs not on the bruins yet.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
I don't see how moving fringe NHL prospects like Frederic et al is breaking the bank. If Rangers want Frederic, you move him easily. Frederic is going to be a third liner at best. Vaak, Zboril will be 2nd pairing dmen at best. Senyshyn will be lucky to sniff the NHL but I don't want to offend his fans who backed that horrible pick. Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci aren't getting younger and there is no favorite for the Cup. Adding a sure thing, a known commodity in McDonagh is a no brainer for those type of prospects. That gives the Bruins a formidable defence to go with Rask. But I think adding another top winger is also a priority. And no not Maroon. A guy who can skate. Like Nash. Adding aNash and McDonagh would make them immediate Cup favorites and strong at every position. And having McDonagh for next year and basically the same team back makes them a repeat Cup favorite. I think people are seriously underestimating McDonagh. Guy is a stud and would be our best dman.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
How about this for points. You were flat out wrong in both your original post about the cap (the one Dom responded to), and in your response. You said you were trying to make it simple "so people could understand". But you were just wrong with your numbers. That doesn't help anyone understand anything.

how was i wrong? if someones reading comprehension didnt follow me they might be misled. or if someone takes exception with me saying potato when they sat potato maybe im wrong

if you want to quote something i said and debate it and show im wrong its ok

i said if we clear room we can fit guys like mcdonough and maroon. if we dont we cant as it sits today

prove me wrong. im waiting

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I don't see how moving fringe NHL prospects like Frederic et al is breaking the bank. If Rangers want Frederic, you move him easily. Frederic is going to be a third liner at best. Senyshyn will be lucky to sniff the NHL but I don't want to offend his fans who backed that horrible pick. Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci aren't getting younger and there is no favorite for the Cup. Adding a sure thing, a known commodity in McDonagh is a no brainer for those type of prospects. That gives the Bruins a formidable defence to go with Rask. But I think adding another top winger is also a priority. And no not Maroon. A guy who can skate. Like Nash. Adding aNash and McDonagh would make them immediate Cup favorites and strong at every position. And having McDonagh for next year and basically the same team back makes them a repeat Cup favorite. I think people are seriously underestimating McDonagh. Guy is a stud and would be our best dman.

Lol, this post is too hilarious. So where did you come to the determination that all this is fact? Your keen hockey eye after hours and hours of scouting these players? Sit back down. I don't mind including these guys in deals for McDonagh, but your reasoning as to why you're dealing them (writing their careers out for them, before they even start) is brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad