Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I guess I'll break the trend and try an actual proposal. How about Krug and Heinen to Columbus for Josh Anderson and Mike Foligno? Feel free to start ripping on me.

(I would have said Boone Jenner over Foligno, but we'd have to take on salary to even out the Krug part)
well for starters it's Nick Foligno (seems like you've really done your homework here). Based on last year's numbers we'd be looking at 98 points going out and 63 coming in so that's pretty much the type of proposal I'd expect around here lately.

Reactions: Pia8988

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
well for starters it's Nick Foligno (seems like you've really done your homework here). Based on last year's numbers we'd be looking at 98 points going out and 63 coming in so that's pretty much the type of proposal I'd expect around here lately.
Or you could always make a proposal yourself instead of simply criticizing everyone else as usual.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I like Reed,I really do but he has this thing for other teams soon to be discarded first round picks, if I get this right McDavid and Draisaitl can't get this kid squared away but Krejci and Debrusk can?

Agree.

I kind of called him out on this today. What exactly has JP shown so far (other than being the 3rd pick) that would make you think he would be “your long term solution at RW opposite DeBrusk”?

JP is young, but only has 29 pts in 100 NHL games.

The current LW opposite DeBrusk is Heinen. He has 49 pts in 92 NHL games.

DeBrusk has 45 pts in 79 NHL games.

74 and 43 are both averaging (literally) twice as many points per game as Puljujarvi.

Could he be an interesting reclamation project I guess, but I’m not giving up much for him.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
St Louis needs a goalie.

Rask for O'Reilly? It would be a bold move from both teams.

And who backs up Halak if he goes cold? Zane? As much as I wanted Zane to succeed, it doesn't look like he's going to get there anytime soon if at all. Where do you put O'Reilly, 3rd line?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
And who backs up Halak if he goes cold? Zane? As much as I wanted Zane to succeed, it doesn't look like he's going to get there anytime soon if at all. Where do you put O'Reilly, 3rd line?

You would assume St Louis would give you one of their goalies. OchoCinco would do.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Scout scout scout the top goalies outside the NHL and chose who is on form. You probably send Zane to the ECHL/release him outright and pick up 2 new guys to compete for that job. Here are AHL goalie leaders.

TheAHL.com

Pavel Francouz - Wikipedia

Go get that guy ASAP to backup Halak he looks awesome wonder what Colorado wants. Or go get the Hamburgler. Done. You don't have to be on an NHL roster to be better than Zane McIntyre.

Reactions: Strafer

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Can we please drop the ****ing Lucic fantasies. It isn't 2011 anymore, it's 2018. Lucic isn't that player anymore.

Maybe Cam can lace them up again? We could really use a physical presence on the ice that can net 50 goals.

So we can't trade directly for Lucic until Chiarelli gets fired.

What we want to do is have someone act like we did prying Marty Jones out of LA only to flip him to SJ.

A bad team gives up a second to get Lucic at 50% retained from Edmonton. We give them our first. Everyone wins.

Done. If we bring Milan home half the Garden will be dusting off their old #17 jerseys for his first game back. Donato can fight him for who gets to wear that number lol.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Scout scout scout the top goalies outside the NHL and chose who is on form. You probably send Zane to the ECHL/release him outright and pick up 2 new guys to compete for that job. Here are AHL goalie leaders.

TheAHL.com

Pavel Francouz - Wikipedia

Go get that guy ASAP to backup Halak he looks awesome wonder what Colorado wants. Or go get the Hamburgler. Done. You don't have to be on an NHL roster to be better than Zane McIntyre.

Trade your starter a few games in because the back up is playing well. Go grab a top AHL goalie with 0 games played in the NHL. Sounds great

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Trade your starter a few games in because the back up is playing well. Go grab a top AHL goalie with 0 games played in the NHL. Sounds great

You can build a damn good team if the goalies only take up 3 mil of cap space.

The reason guys like that get stuck in the AHL is because lots of NHL teams have good backups. Finding another Halak isn't impossible. Easier than finding a good center.

There are tons of reasons to not trade Rask you just pointed out maybe the best reason not to move him but Zane McIntyre becoming the backup absolutely is not one of them.

Rask is fine but if he can bring back a center better than DK I do it and enjoy not having to pay for goaltending for another couple years. One more really good high end player makes this team untouchable.

You can't get that trading Backes though which is about all the people who hate on trades ITT are willing to give up.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
I think this team goes directly to cup contention, if not favorite, if we can do the following moves and assume Backes might be placed on LTIR for the remainder of the year:
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta (not breaking this all world line up)
Debrusk-Krejci-top 6 RW
Heinen-3C-Bjork
Donato-Kuraly-Nordstrom
Wagner

Chara-Carlo
Moore-McAvoy
Gryz-Lauzon
Kampfer/Vaak

Rask/Halak

1. David Backes moves to the LTIR due to concussion issues. In before the crowd labels me as heartless, I'm trying to be a realist here and I just can't see Backes coming back this season. He doesn't need to. It's not worth it for him to be drinking soup through a straw for the rest of his adult life.
2. Jeff Carter straight up for Torey Krug
3. Zibanejad/Zuccarello for Frederick +Zboril

New line up
Marshy-Bergy-Pasta
Debrusk-Krejci-Carter/Zuccarello
Heinen-Zibanejad/Carter- Bjork
Donato-Kuraly-Nordstrom
Wagner

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I like the way the 2nd line is shaping up, but if the B’s are looking to grab a Top 6 F to add to the mix...go West young man.

Three Western teams that are struggling and might be looking to make a “jumpstart” move: LA, ANA, STL.

I don’t want a 30+ veteran player (unless someone like Backes* is going back) and would prefer the B’s “go big” with a young vet like Toffoli or Rakell. Either of these two would be extremely costly I would think?

A guy who might be legitimately available as a “rental” is Silfverberg. He’s 28, in the last year of his deal, and has always seemed like a B’s guy imo. You would give up less for him than Toffoli or Rakell and he’s off to a good start this season even though the team is struggling (3g/4a in 6 games). He’s on IR right now for a broken finger, but isn’t supposed to be out for too long (he was going to try to play through it, but was unable to grip the stick).

For the time being, the team is winning and the young guys (DeBrusk, Heinen, Bjork) appear to be coming around, so I would stand pat.

* If healthy

Reactions: DKH

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
What was the point in drafting Senyshyn, then?
The scouting staff was in an LSD induced state and thought he was better than Barzal. Don't continue to compound a mistake you have made, I'm pretty sure we can agree at this point that Senysyhn is never going to be a good first round pick and may never play in the NHL mush less contribute.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The scouting staff was in an LSD induced state and thought he was better than Barzal. Don't continue to compound a mistake you have made, I'm pretty sure we can agree at this point that Senysyhn is never going to be a good first round pick and may never play in the NHL mush less contribute.

I’m pretty sure that we don’t all agree on that point? At this point, I would prefer to keep Senyshyn, and see what he becomes. I’m surprised that you are so down on a kid that has some size and speed, has been more physical as a pro, and could turn into one of those bottom 6 guys you are always talking about acquiring.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
To spite Chiarelli because they knew he badly wanted him with the next pick.
If this is true, and seeing as how Chiarelli tends to still covet his binkies, deal him to Edmonton today.Ask forany of Strome, Lucic, Khaira, Puljujarvi or somebody that is or may play in the NHL one day.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I’m pretty sure that we don’t all agree on that point? At this point, I would prefer to keep Senyshyn, and see what he becomes. I’m surprised that you are so down on a kid that has some size and speed, has been more physical as a pro, and could turn into one of those bottom 6 guys you are always talking about acquiring.
I'm not down on him, I hated the pick and I just don't ever see him being an NHL player, for whatever reason it isn't working for him in the AHL and I would cut my losses at this point and move on trying to recover some assets for a terrible pick that will, and should, haunt Sweeney forever. I actually like Senyshyn's attitude, willingness to learn and try to become a complete player but either his coaching is failing, his skill set isn't what they thought it would be or he doesn't have the hockey IQ to succeed. I picture his high end as a less physical Jake Virtanen, a guy who also dominated in juniors based on his speed and shot and didn't have to really learn the game at a lower level to thrive. Once he got to the pros he couldn't survive on just being able to beat goalies with his shot and his speed no longer created the separation from lower pair defensemen in juniors that isn't there at a pro level.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I like Reed,I really do but he has this thing for other teams soon to be discarded first round picks, if I get this right McDavid and Draisaitl can't get this kid squared away but Krejci and Debrusk can?

I really dont think Puljujarvi has played that much with either. He's played mostly 3rd or 4th line minutes. I haven't seen a lot of the oil but when he's gotten a chance to play with McDavid he's looked good. For some reason he appears to look half interested out there,maybe a change of scenery would do him some good. If Im Sweeney i would most diffidently be calling on him.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'm not down on him, I hated the pick and I just don't ever see him being an NHL player, for whatever reason it isn't working for him in the AHL and I would cut my losses at this point and move on trying to recover some assets for a terrible pick that will, and should, haunt Sweeney forever. I actually like Senyshyn's attitude, willingness to learn and try to become a complete player but either his coaching is failing, his skill set isn't what they thought it would be or he doesn't have the hockey IQ to succeed. I picture his high end as a less physical Jake Virtanen, a guy who also dominated in juniors based on his speed and shot and didn't have to really learn the game at a lower level to thrive. Once he got to the pros he couldn't survive on just being able to beat goalies with his shot and his speed no longer created the separation from lower pair defensemen in juniors that isn't there at a pro level.

I only get to go to PRO games when they are in Western MA, so I try not to comment on him, not having seen him much live. There seems to be mixed opinions on him. I know a couple guys that see a lot of PRO games that think he’s making strides and a couple that don’t think he’s going to make it.

I still don’t understand why you would be on board for moving him for a guy like Puljujarvi, who has underperformed, seems disinterested, and is not at all physical for his size?

In my opinion, the cost for JP is going to be prohibitive because of his high draft position. I would rather stick with Senyshyn than go after some reclamation project. If the B’s trade for someone, I want a proven commodity.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I only get to go to PRO games when they are in Western MA, so I try not to comment on him, not having seen him much live. There seems to be mixed opinions on him. I know a couple guys that see a lot of PRO games that think he’s making strides and a couple that don’t think he’s going to make it.

I still don’t understand why you would be on board for moving him for a guy like Puljujarvi, who has underperformed, seems disinterested, and is not at all physical for his size?

In my opinion, the cost for JP is going to be prohibitive because of his high draft position. I would rather stick with Senyshyn than go after some reclamation project. If the B’s trade for someone, I want a proven commodity.

I don't see how at this point JP is a reclamation project.

Fact is, he just turned 20 back in May, and even though his play at times (often it seems) has been fairly underwhelming, he's still posted 29 points in his first 100 NHL games.

If he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder who posted those numbers (28 in 93 before the age of 20) he be looked at in a totally different light. But because of his draft position, he's viewed as something of a failure already.

For the right deal I'd take JP, but like you said the Bruins have enough question marks within the forward group now. If they are going to subtract from their positions of excess, better to do it for a more proven commodity.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don't see how at this point JP is a reclamation project.

Fact is, he just turned 20 back in May, and even though his play at times (often it seems) has been fairly underwhelming, he's still posted 29 points in his first 100 NHL games.

If he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder who posted those numbers (28 in 93 before the age of 20) he be looked at in a totally different light. But because of his draft position, he's viewed as something of a failure already.

For the right deal I'd take JP, but like you said the Bruins have enough question marks within the forward group now. If they are going to subtract from their positions of excess, better to do it for a more proven commodity.

This is just my take, but I believe there is a very fine line between guys that “make it” and guys that don’t. There are a lot of talented players in the AHL that never make it.

I think the only reason that JP is on an NHL roster is because of his draft position. If Senyshyn had been drafted 3rd overall, he likely would have gotten a shot in Boston already. That is no doubt in my mind that if he was given a chance, he could put up 29 pts in 100 NHL games.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

I agree completely with the bolded, I just don't think Senyshyn has much trade value and with Chiarelli tending to overvalue players he likes I think Edmonton wold be a good choice to move him to. I would prefer a 3C or 2RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->