NHL Bruins To Open 2020-21 Season Vs. Predators In Prague, Czech Republic

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
cut.jpg

BOSTON -
The National Hockey League announced today, November 8, that the Boston Bruins will open the 2020-21 regular season against the Nashville Predators at O2 Arena in Prague, Czech Republic to headline the 2020 NHL Global Series.

Current players on the Bruins roster who grew up in the Czech Republic include forwards David Krejci and David Pastrnak . Krejci was born in Sternberk and played junior hockey for HC Kladno. He has represented his home country in international play on several occasions, including the Winter Olympic Games in 2010 and 2014, and was awarded the Golden Hockey Stick as the top hockey player from the Czech Republic in 2013. Pastrnak was born in Havirov and played junior hockey with AZ Havirov. He has represented the Czech Republic in international play on several occasions and has been awarded the Golden Hockey Stick as the top hockey player from the Czech Republic each of the last three years in 2017, 2018 and 2019.

Bruins To Open 2020-21 Season Vs. Predators In Prague, Czech Republic

Time to save money to go

Reactions: Braunbaer

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Happy for Pasta, and for some reason the Bruins do really well when starting the season outside of North America. It might mean we get a slow start in the standings in October, but I can definitely see why they picked the Bruins if they're going to Prague.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Happy for Pasta, and for some reason the Bruins do really well when starting the season outside of North America. It might mean we get a slow start in the standings in October, but I can definitely see why they picked the Bruins if they're going to Prague.
And Krejci.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Who is considered the home team? It might mean the Bruins don't come to Nashville that year :(

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Who is considered the home team? It might mean the Bruins don't come to Nashville that year :(

I'd assume that they're playing two games, so it may mean you have to send the cookies (along with yourself) via UPS to Prague.

But then again, the Hawks only played one game against the Flyers this year. From an economic standpoint, it almost makes sense for the Bruins to lose a home game. Yes, Boston's a big market, but eliminating their only stop in Nashville seems inadvisable, since I imagine they're a draw. Conversely if I had to pick a team that wouldn't come to Boston, NOT paying attention to the quality of the actual team but paying attention to geography/rivalry/local interest/etc., Nashville would be close to the top.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I've heard great things about the last trip and about Prague in general, but Coach Butch probably rolled his eyes a little at the thought of another globetrotting trip to start the season(this time for real).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->